Jump to content
Liam

2016/09/26 - Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH, USA

Recommended Posts

She-Loves-Him
Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oh, nice! Well congrats on the Toronto show and it's good to hear you'll still be down here that day for shenanigans. Do you and @wood think I should use a vacation day the day after the show too then? I can't decide. 

Also, wood is a #fakefan anyway, right? I doubt he wants to go through the torture of 3 hours of "heyooo" again. Nice of you to spare him. :P

Whether I come down again that weekend is kind of up in the air/last minute decision now that we don't have tickets because I still wouldn't be able to come down until Saturday because of the Toronto show on Friday, and I'd have to come back Tuesday because there's a job fair at school on the Wednesday that I should go to, and it would have me driving down a second weekend in a row to only be there three days. It's kind of put me in a weird spot for decision making because I don't mind the drive at all and I don't have any other plans, but I feel guilty because I'm indefinitely unemployed and feel like I shouldn't spend so much on gas and wear & tear on my car driving 2,400 km in the span of a week =/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlissaGoesRAWR
2 minutes ago, She-Loves-Him said:

Whether I come down again that weekend is kind of up in the air/last minute decision now that we don't have tickets because I still wouldn't be able to come down until Saturday because of the Toronto show on Friday, and I'd have to come back Tuesday because there's a job fair at school on the Wednesday that I should go to, and it would have me driving down a second weekend in a row to only be there three days. It's kind of put me in a weird spot for decision making because I don't mind the drive at all and I don't have any other plans, but I feel guilty because I'm indefinitely unemployed and feel like I shouldn't spend so much on gas and wear & tear on my car driving 2,400 km in the span of a week =/ 

Oh, I think I misunderstood... well, when Green Day is involved my irrational brain always goes into Shia LaBeouf "just dooooo iiiiit!" mode, so don't ask me for advice. :P #badinfluence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
She-Loves-Him
Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oh, I think I misunderstood... well, when Green Day is involved my irrational brain always goes into Shia LaBeouf "just dooooo iiiiit!" mode, so don't ask me for advice. :P #badinfluence

Right now I feel like I'm very susceptible to saying fuck it and driving down there all the time because I'm feeling immensely useless, unproductive, and lonely and it's hard to be around my friends who are still happily in school while I'm feeling so stranded :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamiredhawk827

Honestly, now I'm just curious how many songs they'll play at these small shows. I'm looking at the promo shows they did for the Trilogy, specifically Irving Plaza (NYC) from 2012. We could definitely see a good mix between new, hits and deep cuts. 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2012/irving-plaza-new-york-ny-3bdd9804.html

What does everyone think will be on the set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JardyOfSuburbia
37 minutes ago, miamiredhawk827 said:

Honestly, now I'm just curious how many songs they'll play at these small shows. I'm looking at the promo shows they did for the Trilogy, specifically Irving Plaza (NYC) from 2012. We could definitely see a good mix between new, hits and deep cuts. 

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2012/irving-plaza-new-york-ny-3bdd9804.html

What does everyone think will be on the set?

My guess is the new album front to back and then the hits.

or

They play a few songs off the album mixed in with the hits. Either way they will play for 2+ hours. Doors at 6. Opener at 7ish? Green Day at 8:30ish? and play until 11?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Strychnine.
Just now, JardyOfSuburbia said:

My guess is the new album front to back and then the hits.

Considering some of the shows are before the album is released, I highly doubt they'll play any of the RevRad songs. Other than the ones already released of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon Benjamin
4 minutes ago, Armstr0ng. said:

Considering some of the shows are before the album is released, I highly doubt they'll play any of the RevRad songs. Other than the ones already released of course.

Of course they will, that's the whole point of these shows, the AI and 21st promo shows they played the albums front to back before the release.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JardyOfSuburbia
8 minutes ago, Armstr0ng. said:

Considering some of the shows are before the album is released, I highly doubt they'll play any of the RevRad songs. Other than the ones already released of course.

 

1 minute ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Of course they will, that's the whole point of these shows, the AI and 21st promo shows they played the albums front to back before the release.

^This.

I feel like they play shows like this where the crowd won't know most of the songs, just to somewhat keep people safe and under control. Doesn't Billie say in Cuatro how the crowd went insane when they played an older hit?

I feel like when they played at House of Blues they were very cautious to make sure nothing got out of hand in the crowd. They had to stop like two or three songs into the Sweet Children set because people were being stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Strychnine.
Just now, JardyOfSuburbia said:

 

^This.

I feel like they play shows like this where the crowd won't know most of the songs, just to somewhat keep people safe and under control. Doesn't Billie say in Cuatro how the crowd went insane when they played an older hit?

I feel like when they played at House of Blues they were very cautious to make sure nothing got out of hand in the crowd. They had to stop like two or three songs into the Sweet Children set because people were being stupid.

If people weren't so damn stupid and didn't go batshit crazy over a song the band has been playing for years they wouldn't have any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tek
56 minutes ago, Armstr0ng. said:

Considering some of the shows are before the album is released, I highly doubt they'll play any of the RevRad songs. Other than the ones already released of course.

Hmmm, nothing like promoting a Revolution Radio tour and then only playing two songs from the album. I doubt they play the entire album, but I think a good mix of songs from revrad and previous Green Day albums will be in play.

 

Hope they play J.A.R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moriarty
3 hours ago, She-Loves-Him said:

Right now I feel like I'm very susceptible to saying fuck it and driving down there all the time because I'm feeling immensely useless, unproductive, and lonely and it's hard to be around my friends who are still happily in school while I'm feeling so stranded :P 

come on down! you won't feel any of that in ohio :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VivaLaSteven7

Hey guys, do you know if the tickets being sold off sites other than ticket master are legit? From sites like stub hub and vivd seats?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlissaGoesRAWR

Oh my gosh I seriously can't think about anything except this show right now. Ahh! I'm already trying to figure out how early I need to get to the venue. What do you guys think would be "safe" to get barrier? The only club show I've gone to is House of Blues which was obviously under different circumstances than a normal tour. And people started lining up for that around 10 p.m. the night before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tek

If you want the barrier then I would definitely get there the night before. I will be fine as long as I'm not in the very back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
noctilca
19 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oh my gosh I seriously can't think about anything except this show right now. Ahh! I'm already trying to figure out how early I need to get to the venue. What do you guys think would be "safe" to get barrier? The only club show I've gone to is House of Blues which was obviously under different circumstances than a normal tour. And people started lining up for that around 10 p.m. the night before. 

I'm hoping to be there pretty early!  Maybe I'll see you in line!  I was at the House of Blues show, too - I got there around 10am and ended up with only one person in front of me in front of Mike.  Most of the crowd swarmed around the center of the stage.  Not sure how this will go but perhaps it will be similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JardyOfSuburbia
20 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oh my gosh I seriously can't think about anything except this show right now. Ahh! I'm already trying to figure out how early I need to get to the venue. What do you guys think would be "safe" to get barrier? The only club show I've gone to is House of Blues which was obviously under different circumstances than a normal tour. And people started lining up for that around 10 p.m. the night before. 

Same. Thank God I'm ridiculously busy for the next two weeks so I'm not just sitting around waiting for the show to happen. I'll probably get there around 6-7 AM. If there's a few people in front of me by then, so be it. I got to House of Blues around 9 AM and was #32 in line. Different circumstances this time around as you said. I bet people really start lining up around 2-2:30.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MisledEmpress

I called Newport and according to them, camping out the night before won't be allowed. Take it with a grain of salt, because line-up times are usually never enforced when they're given and it's not like they could stalk the place at 4am. So, my advice would just be to go as early as you'd be able to put up with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlissaGoesRAWR
1 hour ago, MisledEmpress said:

I called Newport and according to them, camping out the night before won't be allowed. Take it with a grain of salt, because line-up times are usually never enforced when they're given and it's not like they could stalk the place at 4am. So, my advice would just be to go as early as you'd be able to put up with.

My stance on this is ask for forgiveness, not permission. ;)

Luckily I live so close that if I do decide to camp and they send me home, it isn't a huge deal. But that area is surrounded by bars and businesses that are open late, where a bunch of people are around, so I really don't understand how they can enforce a "no lining up" rule if we're just standing around not blocking the sidewalk with tents or anything... I bet they're just telling you that to discourage you from doing it.

That being said, I really hope people don't start lining up any earlier than Monday morning, which is the timeframe I was considering showing up (just before rush hour). I'd love to sleep in my own bed, but unfortunately it's a domino effect. Once one person decides to be an ass and get there ridiculously early, everyone else follows suit, and I'm not letting anyone beat me out of barrier for this show. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MisledEmpress
3 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

My stance on this is ask for forgiveness, not permission. ;)

Luckily I live so close that if I do decide to camp and they send me home, it isn't a huge deal. But that area is surrounded by bars and businesses that are open late, where a bunch of people are around, so I really don't understand how they can enforce a "no lining up" rule if we're just standing around not blocking the sidewalk with tents or anything... I bet they're just telling you that to discourage you from doing it.

That being said, I really hope people don't start lining up any earlier than Monday morning, which is the timeframe I was considering showing up (just before rush hour). I'd love to sleep in my own bed, but unfortunately it's a domino effect. Once one person decides to be an ass and get there ridiculously early, everyone else follows suit, and I'm not letting anyone beat me out of barrier for this show. :P 

I definitely agree with you. Camping out for the night is my limit; I just can't do it no matter how badly I might want barricade. The earliest I would go is that morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlissaGoesRAWR

Do we want to get a list in the OP of who all is attending the show, for meet up purposes? If so, reply to me that you're definitely going and I'll send it to a mod to add to it. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon Benjamin
56 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Do we want to get a list in the OP of who all is attending the show, for meet up purposes? If so, reply to me that you're definitely going and I'll send it to a mod to add to it. :) 

Yep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lindsay

Updated the OP for you guys :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
noctilca
4 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Do we want to get a list in the OP of who all is attending the show, for meet up purposes? If so, reply to me that you're definitely going and I'll send it to a mod to add to it. :) 

This would be great!  I'll be there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tek
7 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Do we want to get a list in the OP of who all is attending the show, for meet up purposes? If so, reply to me that you're definitely going and I'll send it to a mod to add to it. :) 

I will be there although maybe I should leave sooner than 11. I want to be close but I know barricade will be out of the question unless I left super early in the morning from Kentucky 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
miamiredhawk827
7 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Do we want to get a list in the OP of who all is attending the show, for meet up purposes? If so, reply to me that you're definitely going and I'll send it to a mod to add to it. :) 

Word 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×