Liam

2016/10/24 - The Fillmore, Detroit, MI, USA

Mar

@unextraordinarygirl I think that all of the $60 (excuse me, $75 with dumb fees) tickets are main floor, only the $99 ones are reserved seating, which is all upper level except for maybe 30 seats at tables you reserve to eat/drink there. You won't have a seat to go to, the most you can get away with is sitting on the upper levels at the feet of the people behind/above you, as long as you're not in the actual stairwells/aisles. I've done this at a lot of my Fillmore shows, but I iirc the one sold out show I went to, security was telling people they couldn't sit there, so it wouldn't surprise me if they do that here due to capacity issues.

This picture from their website gives you an idea of how it's divided. The upper floors are entirely seats, while the main floor is all standing.

Deirdre Adams

Anyone willing to trade tickets?  I have 2 floor tickets and would like 2 seated tickets.  Or I would like to keep floor tickets, but I'd need someone to take me to and from the show, use my other ticket, and hang out at the show with me so I don't get lost or trampled.  Thanks. I live in Muskegon, MI. and transportation's a big part of the deal.  Thanks.  

Edited by Deirdre Adams

Sfulkers

Hey guys, haven't posted on here in forever.  My wife and I were lucky enough to get 2 main floor tickets yesterday at 10am in the general sale.  Although I really didn't think we would be lucky enough to snag them.  As others have said, the ticketmaster app was the way to go.

I called the Fillmore yesterday and they said the box office will open at 3pm on 9/24.  He said the line up for the entrance will be just south of the main doors on Elizabeth Street. Because the box office doesn't open till 3pm, he said most people who line up early have someone else in their party get the tickets from the box office when it opens and then go back to the line. So that's probably what we will do. 

For anyone who's seen a concert at the Fillmore before, do you know how much of a barrier they have at the main stage? From the pics, the stage looks super low to the ground and wasn't sure if they do a real barrier or not. Would be awesome to be at whatever "barrier" they have, but I'm still trying to convince my wife the beating and bruising up there won't be too bad. 😁

Looking forward to going. 2 weeks will go by fast!

• Like 1

Afflejack
11 hours ago, Sfulkers said:

For anyone who's seen a concert at the Fillmore before, do you know how much of a barrier they have at the main stage? From the pics, the stage looks super low to the ground and wasn't sure if they do a real barrier or not. Would be awesome to be at whatever "barrier" they have, but I'm still trying to convince my wife the beating and bruising up there won't be too bad. 😁

if i remember correctly from my rancid show, there's about 3-4? feet between teh stage and a gate separating the floor. idk if thats how all shows there go, but seeing as green day fits in with rancid, i would think that would be what you should probably expect. :)

• Like 1

champagne mami

So happy me and my sisters were able to get tickets!! Two of us however have floor tickets and the other two have seats. Would anyone w floor tickets be willing to trade for seat tickets?! We really wanted to keep us all together and to be in the pit to enjoy the experience a little more but if not that's okay! we're all still going :lol: but if so, PM me! We are getting at the show fairly early since we are coming from Ohio so we can exchange before the show!! :) 

ALSO: The seats are in Loge(?) and the seats are not together unfortunately because they were only able to get through separately, jsyk!! But both are in Loge or however you spell it haha

Regardless, we are all still so excited! Can't believe it's in two weeks!! 

Mar
19 hours ago, Sfulkers said:

Hey guys, haven't posted on here in forever.  My wife and I were lucky enough to get 2 main floor tickets yesterday at 10am in the general sale.  Although I really didn't think we would be lucky enough to snag them.  As others have said, the ticketmaster app was the way to go.

I called the Fillmore yesterday and they said the box office will open at 3pm on 9/24.  He said the line up for the entrance will be just south of the main doors on Elizabeth Street. Because the box office doesn't open till 3pm, he said most people who line up early have someone else in their party get the tickets from the box office when it opens and then go back to the line. So that's probably what we will do. 

I never thought I'd say this, but I kind of wish that this show would've been a credit card entry one. I'm probably going to show up later and wait in line by myself, so like, it's just gonna be a hassle to get out of line and find my way back. Most people are cool in lines and we'll all have to get out of line at some point to do this, but still, it's one more thing to stress about. Then again, it'll be nice to have a physical ticket!

I've never been at the barrier at any of my shows, but it's definitely not far away at all. The stage is close enough that you can touch the front row and sometimes the performers come into the front row(s), it's that accessible.

spark in the night

Any tips for decent parking areas? I don't mind paying $$ for a nearby garage/lot. I want to avoid relying on the people mover and minimize how many blocks I have to walk after the show. Also, what's the deal with M-1 construction? The show is 2 weeks away but I need to plan my parking strategy now :lol::ninja: 

bones

Is anyone selling tickets reasonably priced unlike scalpers?:/ I logged on my phone and my sister on my computer at 950 am and still couldn't get any at 10:(. So if anyone has 2 tickets anywhere in the venue that cannot go anymore for some reason please let me know and we can work out a paypal agreement.

thank you! 

champagne mami
3 hours ago, spark in the night said:

Any tips for decent parking areas? I don't mind paying $$ for a nearby garage/lot. I want to avoid relying on the people mover and minimize how many blocks I have to walk after the show.

I was looking up parking areas last night and I found quite a few parking garages however i'm not sure the exact price or the hours etc. But they all were relatively around the venue, maybe 5 mins or so walk? We saw My Chem here a couple years back and we parked about two blocks away from the venue in a parking garage for about 10 bucks. Not bad at all. My sister and I are going to be calling around tomorrow to see about prices and times if they're available! I'll post the info here once I find out! 

• Like 1

Sfulkers
34 minutes ago, champagne mami said:

I was looking up parking areas last night and I found quite a few parking garages however i'm not sure the exact price or the hours etc. But they all were relatively around the venue, maybe 5 mins or so walk? We saw My Chem here a couple years back and we parked about two blocks away from the venue in a parking garage for about 10 bucks. Not bad at all. My sister and I are going to be calling around tomorrow to see about prices and times if they're available! I'll post the info here once I find out! 

Keep in mind that the Tigers have a 7:10pm game that night, so parking near the Fillmore could get scarce mid-afternoon. I know most everyone will probably be there earlier than that. But I wouldn't be surprised if some lots around there are closed in the AM for the baseball parking. Which would suck. 

Edited by Sfulkers

spark in the night

I will arrive late so I reserved parking in a nearby lot :) 

unextraordinarygirl

Finally got everything in order. Going on Sat. Flying home Sun. Green Day here I come! :dance::runaround:

Derek Carnevale
On September 11, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Sfulkers said:

Keep in mind that the Tigers have a 7:10pm game that night, so parking near the Fillmore could get scarce mid-afternoon. I know most everyone will probably be there earlier than that. But I wouldn't be surprised if some lots around there are closed in the AM for the baseball parking. Which would suck. 

Just a heads up! The Tigers game has been moved to 1:10 that day because it is going to be nationally televised. So it will make life a little easier that day.

Mar
30 minutes ago, Derek Carnevale said:

Just a heads up! The Tigers game has been moved to 1:10 that day because it is going to be nationally televised. So it will make life a little easier that day.

I honestly think this sucks worse, because now late-morning/early-afternoon arrivals will have to fight for spots, whereas before they would have beaten the night game crowd. And now anyone arriving around the time when doors open will have to deal with the Woodward exit deluge =/

• Like 1

Bald_N_Badass
On 9/9/2016 at 9:01 PM, unextraordinarygirl said:

Question for people who have been to this venue before, so my seats are MNFL where is that? Am I close to the stage or not? Can I not sit in a seat and try to get on the floor or just have the seat in case I need it? Not sure how strict they are about that. When can you pick up the ticket? Because it sounds like it'll be there waiting. Any answers would be great.

MNFL is main floor. no seats. 

unextraordinarygirl
6 hours ago, Chris AlopeciaRocks said:

MNFL is main floor. no seats. 

Ok cool thanks. 

unextraordinarygirl

I would still like to meet some GDCers. If anyone is up for it. It would be cool. Maybe we could meet at a coffee shop or something? I don't know Detroit but I assume there is something like that. 

• Like 1

Vrock09
36 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

I would still like to meet some GDCers. If anyone is up for it. It would be cool. Maybe we could meet at a coffee shop or something? I don't know Detroit but I assume there is something like that. I'm also nervous about walking home from the show. Hopefully the daylight will be ok and I'm staying kinda close. But after the show can I walk with a group or get a ride back to the hotel? This is my only but biggest fear. I will send the person/people my email and what hotel I'm staying at and take a pic of myself so you know what I look like. I would need to meet you first though before the show. I"m nervous but also not stupid.

My sisters and I will be attending the show and wed be down for a meet-up! Not too sure about any nearby areas because were Ohioans but hope to see ya there! 😊

Seeing lots of contests and such for the shows,Ill be entering all of them and if lucky Ill post any winnings in here. All GD fans should be able to go to at least one show! 

unextraordinarygirl
1 minute ago, Vrock09 said:

My sisters and I will be attending the show and wed be down for a meet-up! Not too sure about any nearby areas because were Ohioans but hope to see ya there! 😊

Cool :)

desertrose

Green Day at Fillmore Detroit Ticket Giveaway

Enter for your chance to win 2 tickets to see the SOLD OUT Green Day show at The Fillmore Detroit on September 24th!

Dates & Eligibility

Start : September 14, 2016 @ 10:00 am (US/Eastern)

End : September 18, 2016 @ 06:00 pm (US/Eastern)

Prizes

(2) general admission tickets to Green Day at The Fillmore Detroit in Detroit, MI on September 24, 2016

https://livenation.votigo.com/fbsweeps/sweeps/Green-Day-at-Fillmore-Detroit-Ticket-Giveaway

• Like 1

DarcyJ76

My mom bought my tickets with her credit card (happy 40th birthday to me!)-does anyone know how that will work? The rules say the card holder has to pick up the tickets.  I'm going to call just to be sure, but if anyone has experience with this,  I'd appreciate advice!  My mom isn't coming to the concert, so while I can bring her credit card with me, and we have the same last name, I'm not her! 

spark in the night

1 week away!!

• Like 2

Dirty Rotten Bastard
11 hours ago, DarcyJ76 said:

My mom bought my tickets with her credit card (happy 40th birthday to me!)-does anyone know how that will work? The rules say the card holder has to pick up the tickets.  I'm going to call just to be sure, but if anyone has experience with this,  I'd appreciate advice!  My mom isn't coming to the concert, so while I can bring her credit card with me, and we have the same last name, I'm not her! 

I'd ring the venue as usually these things won't let you in without id that matches the card. I remember a lot of people being sent away from a credit card entry Green Day show I was at once as they had the tickets bought for them by friends/family and security wouldn't let them into the venue (but that was in England so it could be a slightly different policy - I imagine having the same last name will help!). 

momoluvGD

I'M GOING TO THIS SHOW NOW AND IM SO EXCITED

A very kind soul from the Idiot Nation sold me her two extra tickets so I get to go with my dad and I'm super happy :DDD

• Like 2

Mar
5 minutes ago, momoluvGD said:

I'M GOING TO THIS SHOW NOW AND IM SO EXCITED

A very kind soul from the Idiot Nation sold me her two extra tickets so I get to go with my dad and I'm super happy :DDD

Yay! Stopping by the 419, too? :D