Liam

2016/10/24 - The Fillmore, Detroit, MI, USA

Mar

Fuck you, Brian from Westland, I wanted today's 89X tickets :(:lol: 

• Like 2

DarcyJ76

Ahhh!  I'm going!  I AM GOING!!!!!  Main floor, so I might die, but I AM GOING!

• Like 2

Laura!

I got tickets!!! :runaround:

• Like 3

Mar

I can't believe I got a ticket! Can't wait to see you guys! :D

Also, I mentioned it a couple times here and in the main US tour thread, but 89X in Windsor/Detroit is giving away tickets at 7 a.m. tomorrow and Friday, too. They may also give them away closer to the date of the show, and if you take their listener surveys they enter you in ticket giveaways and this show may be one of them. I'd also follow The Fillmore Detroit on FB. I won tickets to an event in July (and another at St. Andrew's, another Live Nation venue) through a posting on their FB.

DarcyJ76

If anyone ends up with a mezzanine/loge ticket and would prefer to be on the floor, let me know - I'd be happy to pay the difference (we can trade at the venue) and be an old person and sit up in seats rather than be on the floor.  I'll leave you young'uns to your pit ;-) 

BetterThanAir

lol have fun without me 

unextraordinarygirl

How did you get tickets already? I thought they went on sale Fri. How can I get a ticket? Are they sold out? Sorry lots of questions. 

spark in the night
38 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

How did you get tickets already? I thought they went on sale Fri. How can I get a ticket? Are they sold out? Sorry lots of questions. 

Idiot Nation members had a presale today through tomorrow. General public on sale Friday :)

@rootbeersoup and myself will be on the floor! Hope to meet some of you :D 

• Like 1

Laura!
26 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

Idiot Nation members had a presale today through tomorrow. General public on sale Friday :)

My boyfriend, Brandon, and I will be on the floor as well!

• Like 1

unextraordinarygirl
35 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

Ok thanks. I panicked.

Bald_N_Badass

I got a ticket! !!!!!!!! 22 years since I have had mainfloor for Green Day. 

• Like 4

joeandcambria

Really hope I get lucky on Friday and get tickets. I can't miss this show. 

Bald_N_Badass

You guys, I am so excited. Not sure how early we are allowed to line up though. Everytime I have had floor for the Fillmore, I get there about 4 and am fine. 

Mar
2 hours ago, Chris AlopeciaRocks said:

You guys, I am so excited. Not sure how early we are allowed to line up though. Everytime I have had floor for the Fillmore, I get there about 4 and am fine. 

I don't think they have lineup rules, or if they do, they're early. I remember them posting on their FB about FOB fans lining up super-early in the day when they played there. I think that if you want absolute barrier, you'd have to get there in the morning tbh. Alissa and Co. got in line for HOB around midnight, I believe. Anyway, there's a Tigers game at night so it would probably be better to get their earlier since parking may not be as nightmarish earlier.

Honestly, after nearly dying at HOB due to dehydration (and then puking because I drank water too fast at the bar :lol:), I will probably stand no lower than like, the first step up. And since I got the diabetes diagnosis, I'm more aware of how my sugars get messed up and I'm worried about fainting, so I need to make sure I don't get sick, yknow?

Bald_N_Badass
4 minutes ago, Mar said:

I don't think they have lineup rules, or if they do, they're early. I remember them posting on their FB about FOB fans lining up super-early in the day when they played there. I think that if you want absolute barrier, you'd have to get there in the morning tbh. Alissa and Co. got in line for HOB around midnight, I believe. Anyway, there's a Tigers game at night so it would probably be better to get their earlier since parking may not be as nightmarish earlier.

Honestly, after nearly dying at HOB due to dehydration (and then puking because I drank water too fast at the bar :lol:), I will probably stand no lower than like, the first step up. And since I got the diabetes diagnosis, I'm more aware of how my sugars get messed up and I'm worried about fainting, so I need to make sure I don't get sick, yknow?

YEAH, I get that. I have the day off so I am going early, probably pack a peanut butter sandwich or two. haha. the state bar is open so at least a spot to pee. we will have to coordinate between you, laura and brandon, and my other friend. spot savers 

Mar
2 minutes ago, Chris AlopeciaRocks said:

YEAH, I get that. I have the day off so I am going early, probably pack a peanut butter sandwich or two. haha. the state bar is open so at least a spot to pee. we will have to coordinate between you, laura and brandon, and my other friend. spot savers 

And pizza delivery to the line! :lol: btw thanks for RevRad :drinks:

• Like 1

Laura!
1 hour ago, Chris AlopeciaRocks said:

Brandon and I will be up late morning. Do you still have my number?

Bald_N_Badass
2 minutes ago, Laura! said:

Brandon and I will be up late morning. Do you still have my number?

I can message you on fb what I have in my phone to see if its the same....

TheNimrod51

Any tips you all might suggest? I'm coming in for this and I obviously don't know the city too well. 

spark in the night

I'll just get there when I get there and hope I can wiggle my way to the front as best I can. I called Box office today. They'll have 6 or 7 windows open to get paper tix. I didn't ask about lining up but from what I remember from a show I saw 10 years ago, you line up across the street. The box office probably won't be open until 4 that day. 

Afflejack

I wish i could remember how long i waited and how early i arrived for seeing Rancid at the Fillmore. I was at barrier and was near close to the front of the line. but thats rancid and not GREEN DAY so :/   

• Like 1

Bald_N_Badass
15 hours ago, Afflejack said:

I wish i could remember how long i waited and how early i arrived for seeing Rancid at the Fillmore. I was at barrier and was near close to the front of the line. but thats rancid and not GREEN DAY so :/   

I was there too, I got there around 4 I think. 

19 hours ago, spark in the night said:

I'll just get there when I get there and hope I can wiggle my way to the front as best I can. I called Box office today. They'll have 6 or 7 windows open to get paper tix. I didn't ask about lining up but from what I remember from a show I saw 10 years ago, you line up across the street. The box office probably won't be open until 4 that day. 

yeah, the line is across the street. 

BetterThanAir

I GOT TICKETS. OH MY GOD, GUYS, I GOT TWO TICKETS!!!! :wub: SEE YOU ALL THERE, I AM SO SHOCKED AND EXCITED. 

• Like 3

Dirty Rotten Bastard

I got seats...I've never had seats for Green Day before so I dunno what it'll be like
but i got a ticket omfg

• Like 2