Liam

2016/10/24 - The Fillmore, Detroit, MI, USA

Liam

Dates leaked on http://www.greenday.com/tour

UPDATE: Show has been rescheduled for 10/24/2016, tickets will be honored at the new date

Edited by Khaleesi.:

ATTENDING:

@Mar

@JardyOfSuburbia

@Laura!

@Chris AlopeciaRocks

@AlissaGoesRAWR

@BetterThanAir

@Afflejack

@DarcyJ76

@TheNimrod51

@joeandcambria

@champagne mami

@Dame_Marjorie

@Lauren17

@westendriot

@Vrock09

Afflejack

SWEAR THIS IS JUST 3 WEEKS AWAY IM GONNA PUKE.

LESS THAN 3 WEEKS EVEN.

• Like 1

Mar

The Detriot typo from the 2009 GDA photo album of their show there lives on! :lol::P

Oh my God, I'm freaking out. I have a show in Detroit the night before so I could stay up there Friday night and then get in line fairly early ... if I can get a ticket. The House of Blues ticket-buying panic was the worst and now I get to relive it (along with more guilt about spending money and my dad not being home to sit on Ticketmaster's 1-800 line, which is how I got my HOB ticket), CRAP! Columbus will be my second choice but I know that demand will be extra, extra high so it'll be a long shot :( 

Edited by Mar
Edit: LOL @ ColOmbus, too!

Afflejack
Just now, Mar said:

The Detriot typo from the 2009 GDA photo album of their show there lives on! :lol::P

Oh my God, I'm freaking out. I have a show in Detroit the night before so I could stay up there Friday night and then get in line fairly early ... if I can get a ticket. The House of Blues ticket-buying panic was the worst and now I get to relive it (along with more guilt about spending money and my dad not being home to sit on Ticketmaster's 1-800 line, which is how I got my HOB ticket), CRAP! Columbus will be my second choice but I know that demand will be extra, extra high so it'll be a long shot :( 

IF YOU GO LET ME KNOW i'd love to meet you! even tho we live so close lmao

• Like 1

Mar
5 minutes ago, Afflejack said:

IF YOU GO LET ME KNOW i'd love to meet you! even tho we live so close lmao

RIGHT? This better work out! @Laura! is gonna try for this show, too, as I'm sure at least one of our friends from here will, too, since she lives up there, so we can make it a meetup!

Mar

Per 89X announcement, tickets on sale Friday at 10 a.m.

Mar

Yikes, well I'm definitely not going to both this and Columbus then, it would be one ... of course, that's assuming I can get tickets! :sick:

Mar

Anyone know if these tickets are non-transferable (can't send them to another credit card) like the HOB ones were? It doesn't say it on the Ticketmaster page for this show (St. Louis is a forced will-call so I think that will be a non-transferable show). I don't see this being an issue for me, but I know it was a pain for a lot of people.

spark in the night

I will be 2 hours away at my cousin's wedding this night :cry: the one time in 3 years I travel to MI and this shit happens lol. I'll try not to be too sad at a wedding hahaha man this sucks though. What an unfortunate coincidence 

Edited by spark in the night

rootbeersoup
7 hours ago, spark in the night said:

I will be 2 hours away at my cousin's wedding this night :cry: the one time in 3 years I travel to MI and this shit happens lol. I'll try not to be too sad at a wedding hahaha man this sucks though. What an unfortunate coincidence 

We are going

• Like 1

Paola17
2 minutes ago, Afflejack said:

where do you see the prices? i dont see any

If you're on mobile, change the view to full site.

Look under the event date and time, specifically where it says Price Range.

Afflejack
1 minute ago, Paola17 said:

If you're on mobile, change the view to full site.

Look under the event date and time, specifically where it says Price Range.

oh i see now. thank you!

• Like 1

Laura!
11 hours ago, Mar said:

RIGHT? This better work out! @Laura! is gonna try for this show, too, as I'm sure at least one of our friends from here will, too, since she lives up there, so we can make it a meetup!

I have to go to this one. Columbus will be impossible for me to make. Bruno and I don't know what we're going for yet. I know we're thinking of a hotel afterwards instead of driving home.

BetterThanAir

I can't wait. :wub: 

• Like 1

Afflejack

seriously trying to make an IN account just so i can get tickets tomorrow :lol: im so ready

• Like 1

unextraordinarygirl

Holy shit! If I can get a ticket this may be doable. There's even a hotel close by. :runaround:

Laura!
10 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Holy shit! If I can get a ticket this may be doable. There's even a hotel close by. :runaround:

There are a ton of hotels within walking distance.  The only downside is the price. :( 

unextraordinarygirl
1 hour ago, Laura! said:

There are a ton of hotels within walking distance.  The only downside is the price. :( 

Yeah they are very pricey but I may not get to see Green Day again so in my mind it's worth spending it. I can make payments. If I don't see them this time hopefully they will do more tour dates later and I can maybe see them then. 

Is it safe to walk? I mean I walked in downtown Cleveland by myself at night, but I don't know much about Detroit.

It would be neat to be able to meet some GDC people at the gig so I'm not alone but I don't know if that's possible either. I don’t know you and you don't know me, although I'm the least threatening person. Also you 'young whippersnappers' may not want to hang out with an 'old fart' like me. LOL 

Mar
37 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Yeah they are very pricey but I may not get to see Green Day again so in my mind it's worth spending it. I can make payments. If I don't see them this time hopefully they will do more tour dates later and I can maybe see them then. 

Is it safe to walk? I mean I walked in downtown Cleveland by myself at night, but I don't know much about Detroit.

It would be neat to be able to meet some GDC people at the gig so I'm not alone but I don't know if that's possible either. I don’t know you and you don't know me, although I'm the least threatening person. Also you 'young whippersnappers' may not want to hang out with an 'old fart' like me. LOL 

Eh, for the most part it is, as long as you pay attention to your surroundings and stay in well-lit/populated areas. Fillmore is in arguably in the busiest area in downtown, it's across from Comerica Park and there IS a game there (which will create parking hell), so there will be people around. 

I wouldn't call it a walkable distance, but my family stays at the Holiday Inn Express on Washington, and they may have a shuttle. 

We love to meet all GDCers! 

Laura!
42 minutes ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

If we happen to stay in the same hotel, you're more than welcome to walk with my boyfriend and I. It's always safer to walk in groups.

@Mar what's your plan? I don't know our timing yet for going up there. It all depends on what tickets we get.

Mar
14 minutes ago, Laura! said:

If we happen to stay in the same hotel, you're more than welcome to walk with my boyfriend and I. It's always safer to walk in groups.

@Mar what's your plan? I don't know our timing yet for going up there. It all depends on what tickets we get.

idk. I have a show at St. Andrews the night before but idt I can afford a hotel for Fri-Sat so like, I'd probably just drive back to Toledo on Friday night and then go back sometime Saturday, but idk! I'm still too nervous about even getting a ticket to think that far ahead :lol:

Edit: my phone is being dumb so idk if my text got to you, but I'm being an idiot and trying for whatever ticket I can get in either price range. 

spark in the night

The last time I was at the Fillmore, it was the State Theater :P 

• Like 1

Laura!
16 minutes ago, Mar said:

idk. I have a show at St. Andrews the night before but idt I can afford a hotel for Fri-Sat so like, I'd probably just drive back to Toledo on Friday night and then go back sometime Saturday, but idk! I'm still too nervous about even getting a ticket to think that far ahead :lol:

Edit: my phone is being dumb so idk if my text got to you, but I'm being an idiot and trying for whatever ticket I can get in either price range. 

I didn't get a text from you. 

Yeah, I'm not getting any work done tomorrow morning.