Paola17

Green Day US Tour - September & October 2016!

Clockwise
6 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I understand not being able to GET tickets is not a reason for a refund, but if they don't even give me a CHANCE to get tickets, that's not cool. It says new members following the START of pre sales are not guaranteed to participate, but I paid for the membership before the codes were given out and the pre sale times were announced. I really hope I didn't just throw away money...

Well they're even using the tour as an incentive for people to sign up for the fan club, so I think they'll probably do another round of emails for people who just signed up or renewed. Let us know how it goes!

• Like 2

Lauren
8 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Well they're even using the tour as an incentive for people to sign up for the fan club, so I think they'll probably do another round of emails for people who just signed up or renewed. Let us know how it goes!

Exactly. That's the only benefit to getting a membership. They haven't given members exclusive content in ages (and even if they do, it gets leaked anyway). 

Teenage Lush

i don't know how it will be this time, but for the house of blues show in cleveland i actually had a much easier time getting tickets in the general onsale than i did in the presale. i'm gonna try both days this week but don't get too discouraged if you don't get tickets tomorrow!!! (i say this now, knowing this time tomorrow i will probably be in tears/totally panicking trying to get my tickets :lol: )

Lauren
4 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

i don't know how it will be this time, but for the house of blues show in cleveland i actually had a much easier time getting tickets in the general onsale than i did in the presale. i'm gonna try both days this week but don't get too discouraged if you don't get tickets tomorrow!!! (i say this now, knowing this time tomorrow i will probably be in tears/totally panicking trying to get my tickets :lol: )

Yeah, it's usually cause the pre sale is only a small percentage of tickets. My favorite show that I went to, I didn't buy pre sale cause I couldn't go originally (wasn't old enough to drive and parents couldn't take me). Then I found out a friend could take me, but they were sold out. For months. Not even a lawn seat. Then the day of the show, another friend texts me saying they released more tickets. So I call another friend and have her buy me tickets (I was in the car and that's before I had a smart phone). I ended up getting the center section, 7 rows back! (No pit at this venue). So it seems like venues like to hold onto some tickets til the day of. 

• Like 1

Mar
1 hour ago, Teenage Lush said:

Exactly how I feel (and will feel if IN fucks up again and makes the codes the same for everyone meaning I can try tomorrow :lol:). I'm just nervous because I'm down an extra body to call the 800 number for me (unless I can convince my mom to wake up early Friday :lol:) with my dad not here, and he was the one who got the HOB ticket for me (well, and @wood had a balcony one I could have taken too but literally as I was on my cellphone with him, my dad got through on our home phone) and I've only got two hands to try the computer, my phone, my mom's phone and the 800 number.

Just an FYI for everyone: Make sure you don't try buying tickets on too many devices on the same Internet connection. When I tried the HOB presale, I was using three computers on our Wi-Fi and Ticketmaster/Live Nation thought I was a bot and blocked my IP address(es). Use your phone data!

• Like 3

Lauren
3 minutes ago, Mar said:

Exactly how I feel (and will feel if IN fucks up again and makes the codes the same for everyone meaning I can try tomorrow :lol:). I'm just nervous because I'm down an extra body to call the 800 number for me (unless I can convince my mom to wake up early Friday :lol:) with my dad not here, and he was the one who got the HOB ticket for me (well, and @wood had a balcony one I could have taken too but literally as I was on my cellphone with him, my dad got through on our home phone) and I've only got two hands to try the computer, my phone, my mom's phone and the 800 number.

Just an FYI for everyone: Make sure you don't try too buying tickets on many devices on the same Internet connection. When I tried the HOB presale, I was using three computers on our Wi-Fi and Ticketmaster/Live Nation thought I was a bot and blocked my IP address(es). Use your phone data!

Plus it also slows down your bandwidth. So yes, have friends and family try but make sure they're on a different network. 

Teenage Lush
6 minutes ago, Mar said:

Just an FYI for everyone: Make sure you don't try too buying tickets on many devices on the same Internet connection. When I tried the HOB presale, I was using three computers on our Wi-Fi and Ticketmaster/Live Nation thought I was a bot and blocked my IP address(es). Use your phone data!

how exactly does the 800 number work? i might have my mom try that for me but i'm scared she'll fuck it up :lol: i think i managed to get one house of blues ticket on my laptop and one on the ticketmaster app on my phone last time so i was gonna try both of those again. 

Lauren

Couldn't one just call while also trying to get one online?

AlissaGoesRAWR
1 minute ago, Teenage Lush said:

how exactly does the 800 number work? i might have my mom try that for me but i'm scared she'll fuck it up :lol: i think i managed to get one house of blues ticket on my laptop and one on the ticketmaster app on my phone last time so i was gonna try both of those again. 

Brandon got our induction ceremony tickets through the phone number! It does work! But I agree with everyone else that the pre-sales are kind of bullshit. It's almost like they just release a few tickets just to justify you paying for the fan club.

Smitty

I feel slightly tardy to the party but theyll be announcing US arena shows later in the year right? i assumed theyd play some smaller intimate shows though theyll have a couple months to do a full us tour

Mar
7 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

It'll ask you to name an artist and then I believe it'll ask you to name a venue or a city, and then it says "We have a show for Green Day in _____/at _____, is this correct?" or something. When he called, that event was GD's only show on Ticketmaster/LN so that may have changed the prompts, but I can't imagine it would be that different. You'll then give your credit card info and they'll give you a confirmation number, which you can check on the website and confirm it there, and the ticket is on your credit card just like the rest of ours. idk how it would work for your show, though, since it's will-call only, I guess call the box office?

4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Couldn't one just call while also trying to get one online?

That's exactly what we did! But I also tried the app on my phone and two computers. Hell, you should have seen me at 7 a.m. calling the radio station to win tickets, redialing my cellphone in my left hand and my home phone in my right hand :lol: 

• Like 1

Lauren
6 minutes ago, Smitty said:

I feel slightly tardy to the party but theyll be announcing US arena shows later in the year right? i assumed theyd play some smaller intimate shows though theyll have a couple months to do a full us tour

No one knows for certain, but I'm 99.9% certain they will, lol. It doesn't make sense not to. Touring is how they make money. 

sara_gd

I paid for my membership again but I wasn't sent a code. I understand that "new memberships purchased following the start of presales" is not my case because presales haven't started, but they can understand it as they want really. 

If anyone is not using their code.... it would be an enormous favour. 

lizziebix

KQX in Chicago is giving away tickets to the Aragon.

• Like 1

bubblette29

Did everyone receive their pre-sale code? I didn't yet, and I emailed memberships@gdidiotnation.com like it says, which comes back undeliverable.

I had decided to renew my account like 2 months ago, hoping to get ahead of the game, and now I feel like that was a mistake :S

Teenage Lush

i got mine right after the dates went up on gd.com but it took me awhile to find it in my emails, gmail was putting it under the 'promotions' category that i never look at. 

i also didn't see anywhere on ticketmaster to input the code or anything about a presale at all so idk what that means...

Lauren
2 minutes ago, bubblette29 said:

Did everyone receive their pre-sale code? I didn't yet, and I emailed memberships@gdidiotnation.com like it says, which comes back undeliverable.

I had decided to renew my account like 2 months ago, hoping to get ahead of the game, and now I feel like that was a mistake :S

Glad I'm not the only one then, especially if you renewed months ago. Must mean something is up. I emailed the main info email, not the membership one. 

bubblette29
2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Glad I'm not the only one then, especially if you renewed months ago. Must mean something is up. I emailed the main info email, not the membership one. 

OK, I emailed the info one as well. I just doubt anyone get an answer before tomorrow.

bubblette29
13 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

i got mine right after the dates went up on gd.com but it took me awhile to find it in my emails, gmail was putting it under the 'promotions' category that i never look at. 

I looked in my "junk" in gmail and didn't see anything either. I did't see a "promotions" folder, is it possible that folder is hiding from me? haha

sara_gd
1 hour ago, Mar said:

It'll ask you to name an artist and then I believe it'll ask you to name a venue or a city, and then it says "We have a show for Green Day in _____/at _____, is this correct?" or something. When he called, that event was GD's only show on Ticketmaster/LN so that may have changed the prompts, but I can't imagine it would be that different. You'll then give your credit card info and they'll give you a confirmation number, which you can check on the website and confirm it there, and the ticket is on your credit card just like the rest of ours. idk how it would work for your show, though, since it's will-call only, I guess call the box office?

That's exactly what we did! But I also tried the app on my phone and two computers. Hell, you should have seen me at 7 a.m. calling the radio station to win tickets, redialing my cellphone in my left hand and my home phone in my right hand :lol: 

Is there a number? Ticketmaster? I can only see a few dates on Ticketmaster, on greenday.com/tour when you click tickets it re-directs you to that same page.

Robin105

I just renewed my account and literally 2 seconds after I got 2 emails with the code. Also on the site it says the emails are being sent throughout the day. And an admin in the comments said the same thing that they were being emailed in batches 

DookieLukie

When does the regular sale go up?

Smitty

im guessing they will do more bigger US dates than just these though it seems like theyre doing a lot of small intimate dates. I expected maybe 5 or so though theyre doing a lot more. That just threw me off a little because it looks like a small US tour

lizziebix
2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

When does the regular sale go up?

I'm  curious about this too.

sara_gd
5 minutes ago, Robin105 said:

I just renewed my account and literally 2 seconds after I got 2 emails with the code. Also on the site it says the emails are being sent throughout the day. And an admin in the comments said the same thing that they were being emailed in batches 

Thank you, there's some hope here then. Idiot Nation is temporarily unavailable btw... :rolleyes: