Paola17

Green Day US Tour - September & October 2016!

spacewanderess
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Is it specific to Canada? I didn't get one and I'll take yours if I end up not getting one! (Just renewed my membership so don't know if I made it in time to qualify)

Oh no it's for all the dates 

1 minute ago, Paola17 said:

Debating whether or not to sign up for IN , depending on if there are presale codes for PA and NY.
Don't necessarily want to take a chance on the lottery.

We got the email with the presale code. Not sure if you'd get it if you sign up now

Lauren
1 minute ago, spacewanderess said:

Oh no it's for all the dates 

What time did you get the email?

AlissaGoesRAWR

@Mar DID YOU WIN

Teenage Lush

i'm so happy i shelled out for the rev rad preorder that included the idiot nation membership :lol: 

spacewanderess
3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

What time did you get the email?

12 mins ago 

Lauren
2 minutes ago, spacewanderess said:

12 mins ago 

I renewed my membership about 40 min ago. I hope I didn't miss a deadline. :/ thought I would be safe as long as I renewed before they went on sale. 

Mar
6 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

@Mar DID YOU WIN

HELL NO, I WIN THE "DAD HAS A PERFECT FALL THAT PARALYZES HIM" TYPE OF LUCK, NOT THE "WIN TICKETS" TYPE OF LUCK!

spacewanderess

So what are the chances that they'll come back around and do arena shows in North America? And even other places? Because as it stands now it's just arena shows in Europe and intimate shows in NA. I can't see them not doing bigger shows in other places...

Clockwise
2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I renewed my membership about 40 min ago. I hope I didn't miss a deadline. :/ thought I would be safe as long as I renewed before they went on sale. 

Do you have the same email you used to originally sign up? Cuz I had to frantically sign in to my old email account to get my code.

Paola17

Also posting in the individual threads, but tix for The Pagent are $55-$75, and tix for The Fillmore are $60-$99.
Holy jesus.

AlissaGoesRAWR

Eek. $67 for Columbus. 

Teenage Lush

i was hoping that smaller venues would mean cheaper tickets but 55 for GA is about what i've always paid for them so i can't complain

Mar
1 minute ago, Teenage Lush said:

i was hoping that smaller venues would mean cheaper tickets but 55 for GA is about what i've always paid for them so i can't complain

Yeah, for a band this big it's really not that high so I get it (especially since HOB was $75 or $150 iirc), but my wallet doesn't care about that rationale :lol: 

Paola17

Ok, I've been posting the prices for individual venues in each thread.
Also, so far I've only noticed one that actually has the presales listed.

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
1 minute ago, Paola17 said:

Ok, I've been posting the prices for individual venues in each thread.
Also, so far I've only noticed one that actually has the presales listed.

Idiot Nation sent out presale codes. (Wondering if they're all the same again? :P)

Paola17
Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Idiot Nation sent out presale codes. (Wondering if they're all the same again? :P)

Hopefully the sites will be updated to allow people access for the presale soon.

Lauren

blink-182 recently played an outdoor venue near me and lawn seats were $100 face value. LAWN SEATS. green day played the same venue in 2010 and lawn seats were $20, seats in the back section were $65, and the rest were $85 (exactly, with no extra fees). I understand for pop bands and popular solo artists that play to people who have money, but I figured blink 182 would be on the same level as green day, but nope. So I never complain about the price of green day tickets -- I get to see my favorite band for less money than any other (professional) band. 

AlissaGoesRAWR
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

blink-182 recently played an outdoor venue near me and lawn seats were $100 face value. LAWN SEATS. green day played the same venue in 2010 and lawn seats were $20, seats in the back section were $65, and the rest were $85 (exactly, with no extra fees). I understand for pop bands and popular solo artists that play to people who have money, but I figured blink 182 would be on the same level as green day, but nope. So I never complain about the price of green day tickets -- I get to see my favorite band for less money than any other (professional) band. 

This year's blink-182 tickets were a fucking scam. I paid a ridiculous amount of money for "limited view" because that was the best I could get. Never again. 

spark in the night

Well, I'm heartbroken. I will be in Michigan on September 24 for my cousin's wedding. I will be 2 hours away from them that night. Couldn't they have played the next night? :cry:

Paola17

Yeah, limiting this to one venue only now instead of two.
Aiming for NYC as that would mean I could arrive at the venue as early as I wish, compared to arriving to the venue in Philly around 4pm.
I remember when Muse played Webster Hall, and they were charing $75 for a ticket and thus decided not to go despite having the tix in my cart.
I'll be complaining when that ends up being the price for Green Day, but I'll still be buying the damn ticket.

Adorkable
1 hour ago, Mar said:

Isn't Sayreville close to you? Or is it a day of the week/time of the year issue, not a location issue?

I have a feeling that I'll have to wait for the second leg, too, because ticket-buying is going to be next to impossible and my luck hasn't been great lately (not that I should buy tickets anyway, because, yknow, poor and taking food out of my tetraplegic father's mouth :lol: ) and settle for the HOB/HOF memories I have when it comes to ~rare~ shows. I'll try, but the way the Detroit station is already hyping this show, it's going to be so difficult to get tickets, and I'm sure Columbus will be the same.

Sayreville is about 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours depending on traffic.  I am originally from NJ, but live in CT now, so Webster Hall is actually closer.  I could technically do Sayreville, but Oct is a very tough month for me, Thing 1 and Thing 2 have practice every day and it is hubby's busy season so he is away most of the week.  I could technically do a Saturday or Sunday but there are two days I have plans that can't be changed, Oct 8 and Oct 15.  So, like you I will have to hope for something better or live with my Geezer memories.  

Lauren
34 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Do you have the same email you used to originally sign up? Cuz I had to frantically sign in to my old email account to get my code.

I just logged into my old AOL account and it deleted all my emails due to inactivity. Nice one. While I think I might have used that to get a membership back in 2009/2010, I'm pretty sure I used my new email to sign up for a new account in 2012/2013, because that's the email I logged in with to renew my membership. Still didn't get anything. I'm worried because I signed up about 30 min before people started getting codes so maybe I missed some unannounced deadline (they probably already had the mass email qeued up to be sent before my email was added to the list). However, when I went to pay for my membership, it said pre sale wasn't guaranteed if you made an account after the pre sale started. I definitely made one before they announced the pre sale (albeit minutes before), so if I don't get a code I'm going to be pretty upset considering I only gave them my money so I could have access to the pre sale...

spark in the night

Hoping for an extended US tour next fall with more Southern dates jfc. I would drive all the way to Florida if it came to that. It's a coincidence that I would be traveling the same weekend to the same place that they're playing.  :tired:

Clockwise
3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

However, when I went to pay for my membership, it said pre sale wasn't guaranteed if you made an account after the pre sale started. I definitely made one before they announced the pre sale (albeit minutes before), so if I don't get a code I'm going to be pretty upset considering I only gave them my money so I could have access to the pre sale...

I would email them back explaining your situation if they don't send you a code within a few hours. Hopefully they could just send you a new one right away.

Lauren
1 minute ago, Clockwise said:

I would email them back explaining your situation if they don't send you a code within a few hours. Hopefully they could just send you a new one right away.

I just sent them an email a few minutes ago. Normally I'm one to wait before contacting customer service, but I can't risk it with them being on sale tomorrow morning (especially cause it'll probably take a while for them to get back to me). 

This is what their site says:

"*PRE-SALE TICKETS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. NO REFUND OF MEMBERSHIP FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING INABILITY TO PURCHASE TICKETS OR PREFERRED SEAT LOCATION. MEMBERSHIPS DO NOT GUARANTEE TICKET AVAILABILITY. TICKETS ARE LIMITED AND MEMBERS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO PURCHASE TICKETS AS SOON AS PRE-SALES BEGIN. NEW MEMBERSHIPS PURCHASED FOLLOWING THE START OF PRE-SALES ARE NOT GUARANTEED ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PRE-SALES. PRE-SALE TICKETS SELL OUT QUICKLY."

I understand not being able to GET tickets is not a reason for a refund, but if they don't even give me a CHANCE to get tickets, that's not cool. It says new members following the START of pre sales are not guaranteed to participate, but I paid for the membership before the codes were given out and the pre sale times were announced. I really hope I didn't just throw away money...