Paola17

Green Day US Tour - September & October 2016!

Brooklyn Baby

Can't make any of these shows, oh well :P hoping for a spring or ideally summer tour next year! 

• Like 1

Lindsay

Yeah, going to be sitting out this leg as well. The only date I was slightly considering was NY but then I realized that's Thanksgiving so nope. :P Hopefully they'll release November/December dates, or a 2017 summer tour (which would be more than ideal!). 

Hope everyone that's planning on going gets tickets!! :) 

• Like 1

Lauren

Wow, tiny venues! The only small venue I've seen them at was Irving Plaza before the trilogy release (right before Billie had his meltdown in Vegas). It was both the best and worst green day show I've ever been to, so I'm expecting these to be similar.  

Pros: Smaller clubs, more intimate, more rare songs played

Cons: lots of new songs you aren't familiar with (could be a pro for some people but I like knowing the songs beforehand), hard to get tickets, and a very rough crowd due to it being all hardcore fans (I had someone behind me pulling my hair for several minutes to the point I was screaming and in tears). 

I I really hope I can get tickets, although this time I think I'm gonna stay towards the back where my scalp is safe. :lol:

• Like 1

The Insider
16 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Same! Except I can still only go to one show. But it's going to be an absolutely perfect show. :cry: 

Do you know if all the radio station tweets were the cities that got the small venues - isn't there a chance a big tour announcement at 7am will give you arena dates??? 

Mar
1 minute ago, Lauren said:

Wow, tiny venues! The only small venue I've seen them at was Irving Plaza before the trilogy release (right before Billie had his meltdown in Vegas). It was both the best and worst green day show I've ever been to, so I'm expecting these to be similar.  

Pros: Smaller clubs, more intimate, more rare songs played

Cons: lots of new songs you aren't familiar with (could be a pro for some people but I like knowing the songs beforehand), hard to get tickets, and a very rough crowd due to it being all hardcore fans (I had someone behind me pulling my hair for several minutes to the point I was screaming and in tears). 

I I really hope I can get tickets, although this time I think I'm gonna stay towards the back where my scalp is safe. :lol:

Literally mte except switch Irving Plaza with House of Blues Cleveland :lol: I told myself after HOB "I'm so glad I got to go to a small/rare show, but it was so rough that I never need to do it again." Until the prospect of seeing them again in a small venue an hour away popped up and now I'm panicking and desperate all over again ... oops. :lol: 

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR

Does anyone know what's going on with ticket sales? I must know NOW.

1 minute ago, Tinkle said:

Do you know if all the radio station tweets were the cities that got the small venues - isn't there a chance a big tour announcement at 7am will give you arena dates??? 

Not sure, honestly. I know Detroit, Ontario, Chicago and Columbus were four of the stations with "announcements" and they all got small shows. The only oddball was that Miami station that was a pop station.

1 minute ago, Mar said:

Literally mte except switch Irving Plaza with House of Blues Cleveland :lol: I told myself after HOB "I'm so glad I got to go to a small/rare show, but it was so rough that I never need to do it again." Until the prospect of seeing them again in a small venue an hour away popped up and now I'm panicking and desperate all over again ... oops. :lol: 

SAME

• Like 1

Mar

Listening to 89X (Detroit) and they said they'll have "Lots of information" upon the announcement in 6 minutes, so I hope that includes onsale info!

AlissaGoesRAWR
Just now, Mar said:

Listening to 89X (Detroit) and they said they'll have "Lots of information" upon the announcement in 6 minutes, so I hope that includes onsale info!

Fuck, I forgot we hadn't gotten the "official" announcement yet. Gotta find me a radio app, BRB. :P

Paola17

I've been looking at ticketweb, ticketmaster, and the venues themselves to see if they post anything, but nada thus far.

Mar
Just now, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Fuck, I forgot we hadn't gotten the "official" announcement yet. Gotta find me a radio app, BRB. :P

Bell Media is 89X's

Teenage Lush

i can't believe that i'm gonna have to go through this ticket buying hell most likely this week, i'm seriously so unprepared for this 

spacewanderess

Cali dates added to the website 

• Like 1

Mar

89X said they'd make the announcement right at 7 a.m. but a Sears commercial is playing instead. I am posting this because I know it will make @Teenage Lush angry too :)

• Like 1

spacewanderess
Just now, Mar said:

89X said they'd make the announcement right at 7 a.m. but a Sears commercial is playing instead. I am posting this because I know it will make @Teenage Lush angry too :)

I'm listening too :) using tuneinradio. It's 4:00 AM for me so this better be worth it lol

Paola17

Posting this in the NY thread too but for Webster, one has to register: http://greenday.ontouraccess.com/

• Like 1

Teenage Lush
Just now, Mar said:

:lol::lol: this is so fucking typical. i'm listening to a st louis radio station right now and fully expecting the exact same thing to happen

Mar

Tickets for Detroit on sale Friday 10 a.m. (Sept. 9)

spacewanderess

Green Day, Sat 24 at the Filmore on sale this Friday. Nothing we didn't know lol. They're doing a giveaway if anyone in the area wants to try and win

Mar

UGH BUSY SIGNAL

Liam

All the new shows now have threads, feel free to start making plans!

spacewanderess

Got the email from IN with the presale code. Doesn't matter to me, I can't make it. No western Canadian shows for this leg :(

Teenage Lush

has anyone been able to figure out how much tickets are yet? 

Lauren
3 minutes ago, spacewanderess said:

Got the email from IN with the presale code. Doesn't matter to me, I can't make it. No western Canadian shows for this leg :(

Is it specific to Canada? I didn't get one and I'll take yours if I end up not getting one! (Just renewed my membership so don't know if I made it in time to qualify)

Paola17

Debating whether or not to sign up for IN , depending on if there are presale codes for PA and NY.
Don't necessarily want to take a chance on the lottery.