Paola17

Green Day US Tour - September & October 2016!

Scott34

3000 person venue to kick off the proper tour? let's fucking go.

Teenage Lush

COLUMBUS holy shit getting a ticket is going to be a nightmare but OH MY GOD it's this month!!! :runaround: 

• Like 2

Paola17

Considering I have a class Thursday evenings until 10pm, I may just unregister from it as it interferes with the PA date and another show I want to attend in November.

Definitely doing PA and Webster Hall. If a date around the IL/WI area shows up, I may attend that as well.
Hopefully an arena tour is in the works for later on as well.

Liam

Threads have been made for all individual show discussions :)

• Like 2

Paola17
Just now, Liam said:

Threads have been made for all individual show discussions :)

Thanks for doing so.
I just checked out the sites for Webster Hall and the Tower Theatre, and there is nothing on there yet (makes sense, it is 4 in the morning-also, I was kidding about them doing so around this hour, but holy crap). Nothing on TM as of now, either.

Mar

jfc, this is going to be a nightmare just like Cleveland. I have a show in Detroit the day before and some Holiday Inn points that will expire soon so it would be gr8 if that would work out, but lately my luck has been terrible so I doubt it. Columbus would be my second try. 

I won't be eating for a while if I can afford a ticket but it'll be worth it! 

Teenage Lush

i'm shaking and it's 3:30 in the morning so no one is responding to my frantic GREEN DAY JUST RELEASED DATES texts and i'm freaking out :lol: 

• Like 2

Second favourite son

My American geography is terrible, but aren't all these dates in the north of the US?

Mar

Ugh could they put up ticket prices so I'd know if I could realistically try to go to both shows?! :( And so I can know how long I have to panic for before trying this on-sale stuff?

Teenage Kicks!
4 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

My American geography is terrible, but aren't all these dates in the north of the US?

Correct 

Please GD go south wahhhhhh

I don't like driving north...so...far

• Like 2

sara_gd

Still no idea when they go on sale?

Paola17

Added dates:

Sep 20th-The Pagent, St Louis, MO

Sep 21st-Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL

• Like 1

Teenage Lush
6 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Added dates:

Sep 20th-The Pagent, St Louis, MO

Sep 21st-Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL

OH MY GOD THE PAGEANT THIS IS MY DREAM SHOW

y'all i have seriously been talking about how badly i want them to play there for YEARS i'm gonna cry

Edited by Teenage Lush
  • Like 1

Adorkable

I can't make the NY date.  I will have to live vicariously through everyone else.  :cry::cry:

Anyone have a clue why they are playing such small venues?

Paola17

Promotion most likely (I just have a slight issue with the NY date being in the Marlin Room-it's immensely tiny. However, it may be nice to have that intimacy).
If anything, I hope this means they will put off doing an arena tour until at least early 2017. 

If one manages to get tickets, I promise to provide as much footage as I can for you.

• Like 1

Teenage Lush

i think it's pretty normal for them to do smaller shows for promotion right before the album comes out. i know they did a few for 21cb and they had several theater shows planned on the trilogy tour that got cancelled. this is just better because it's the first time any of them are close to me :happy: 

• Like 2

Fuzz

Yep, it's definitely for promo. It's easier to manage, not to mention book, smaller venues like this to help promote the album before its release. 

• Like 4

The Insider

This is fantastic - I hope many gdcers get tickets to these small venues.  Good luck.

Adorkable
26 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Promotion most likely (I just have a slight issue with the NY date being in the Marlin Room-it's immensely tiny. However, it may be nice to have that intimacy).
If anything, I hope this means they will put off doing an arena tour until at least early 2017. 

If one manages to get tickets, I promise to provide as much footage as I can for you.

Good luck, I need footage from another NYer!  

I'm hoping for something in Nov and Dec since nothing has been announced yet.  

• Like 1

Adorkable
1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

Do you think they are going to add more US dates? 

I'm hoping since I can't make the dates they announced.  I would imagine there might be something in Nov and Dec and probably bigger venues

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR

Aww, Green Day followed me to Columbus. :D 

HOLY FUCK :runaround:

Mar
41 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I can't make the NY date.  I will have to live vicariously through everyone else.  :cry::cry:

Anyone have a clue why they are playing such small venues?

Isn't Sayreville close to you? Or is it a day of the week/time of the year issue, not a location issue?

I have a feeling that I'll have to wait for the second leg, too, because ticket-buying is going to be next to impossible and my luck hasn't been great lately (not that I should buy tickets anyway, because, yknow, poor and taking food out of my tetraplegic father's mouth :lol: ) and settle for the HOB/HOF memories I have when it comes to ~rare~ shows. I'll try, but the way the Detroit station is already hyping this show, it's going to be so difficult to get tickets, and I'm sure Columbus will be the same.

Second favourite son
6 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Do you think they are going to add more US dates? 

Would be very surprised if they didn't.  The real question is when those dates will be added.

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
48 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

i think it's pretty normal for them to do smaller shows for promotion right before the album comes out. i know they did a few for 21cb and they had several theater shows planned on the trilogy tour that got cancelled. this is just better because it's the first time any of them are close to me :happy: 

Same! Except I can still only go to one show. But it's going to be an absolutely perfect show. :cry: