Welcome to Green Day Community

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lone

2017/01/16 - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland

224 posts in this topic
8 hours ago, desertrose said:

Two things:  

How good the start of Revolution Radio would be for the concert opener instead of Know Your Enemy

And how annoying it is that Billie mixes up 'scream' and 'sing' at the start - especially when the rest of the band shout the correct lyrics from the album

27 minutes ago, Joshua James said:

Two things:  

How good the start of Revolution Radio would be for the concert opener instead of Know Your Enemy

And how annoying it is that Billie mixes up 'scream' and 'sing' at the start - especially when the rest of the band shout the correct lyrics from the album

Im confused too about the lyrics. 

It's scream with the hands.....

And sing like an Angel. ...?

42 minutes ago, Yaz. said:

Ya'll whining about no change in setlist but it's cause you're sitting in every tour thread every other night, of course that's gonna get boring. This was my first show for the tour and I was smiling from ear to ear the entire time. It was perfect, every second of it. ❤️

It's not just the fact that there is no change on the setlist for the first 5 shows of this tour. It's the fact that outside of switching trilogy songs and replacing them with RevRad songs there is absolutely, besides scattered, no change in the songs they are rotating or the songs they are playing every night from the trilogy tour to this tour. 

Edited by Cunt

17 minutes ago, Cunt said:

It's not just the fact that there is no change on the setlist for the first 5 shows of this tour. It's the fact that outside of switching trilogy songs and replacing them with RevRad songs there is absolutely, besides scattered, no change in the songs they are rotating or the songs they are playing every night from the trilogy tour to this tour. 

Yeah but it will happen, they're just getting back into the swing of playing. Of course they're gonna fill the setlist with RevRav songs, this is the album they're touring for and they're incredibly proud of it.

29 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Not true, they played more of Dookie if not entire Dookie during trilogy tour and also they played Brutal love as closure instead of Time of your life, so they made few changes and didn't just replaced trilogy with revrad songs. :P

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Stewe said:

Im confused too about the lyrics. 

It's scream with the hands.....

And sing like an Angel. ...?

I still think that is 'Stay' the first word... 'Stay with your hands up in the sky...'

24 minutes ago, heart on a noose said:

Not true, they played more of Dookie if not entire Dookie during trilogy tour and also they played Brutal love as closure instead of Time of your life, so they made few changes and didn't just replaced trilogy with revrad songs. :P

Take a setlist from this tour and compare it to the setlists from June 2013 and July 2013. This was before they had started playing dookie and they have in fact just remove trilogy song and threw in RevRad songs. At that point they had also started playing "good riddance". Maybe everything is not in the same order but it's the same songs. 

2 people like this

2 people like this

7 hours ago, Yaz. said:

Ya'll whining about no change in setlist but it's cause you're sitting in every tour thread every other night, of course that's gonna get boring. This was my first show for the tour and I was smiling from ear to ear the entire time. It was perfect, every second of it. ❤️

The best part is that a lot of people that I've seen whining about the setlist, after they go to their show, they're like "Nevermind, when you're there you don't care about the setlist, the setlist works once you're there, the concert was amazing!!". So I'm totally agree with you :P 

4 people like this

6 hours ago, Alf said:

I still think that is 'Stay' the first word... 'Stay with your hands up in the sky...'

Scream with your hands up in the sky....

Sing like a rebel's lullaby....

But Billie switches them around but Mike, Jason and co all sing the correct lyric. 

Billie sung it correctly when they were promoting the songs after the album had just come out. 

6 hours ago, heart on a noose said:

They keep playing it safe though. Where's Outlaws? Say Goodbye? Troubled Times?

Why are they opening with Know Your Enemy? It's such a by the numbers song that they have been playing since 2009. It suggests to me a lack of faith in the newer material. 

And as much as I love Green Day, I'm really tired of King for a Day / Shout / Hey Jude then Operation Ivy then Minority. It's the same every single night. They have done that for years and years.

I understand they have to play some of the older hits like Basket Case and Longview and so on - but I read an interview once and even Tre said he was sick of playing Welcome to Paradise.

During the American Idiot tour, Letterbomb used to be such a treat - now, it's just a drag to sit through as it's about 80% Billie giving a speech.

I would love to see them play Haushinka, Homecoming, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Lazy Bones, Makeout Party, Misery, Missing You, Walk Away, Peacemaker, Restless Heart Syndrome, Wild One, You Lied, East Jesus Nowhere and Too Much Too Soon. They don't even bother to play Boulevard properly anyone - where has the wah temelo track gone?

There were so many Trilogy songs that just never saw the light of day which are so good and lots of 21st Century Breakdown stuff that seems to have been forgotten.

If they are touring the Revolution Radio album - focus on the new stuff!

8 hours ago, Joshua James said:

Why go with the masses and stick to lyrics? It's all about revolution, baby :eyebrows:

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Isabel said:

I still think they're missing a trick by not playing Nuclear Family.

So true! Actually, in the middle of Scattered, it seems like BJ plays a solo that is really similar to the intro of Nuclear Family. But you're right, it would be so good live! :)

1 person likes this

I can't deal with how incredible Forever Now is live.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I can't deal with how incredible Forever Now is live.

Me too :shifty: I can't wait to hear it live  :runaround:

Green-Day-14-1024x681.jpg

Green-Day-52-1024x791.jpg

Green-Day-8-1024x681.jpg

Green-Day-42-1024x681.jpg

15 hours ago, stories and songs said:

People also don't take into consideration that a very small margin of fans follow their concert setlist on a stop-by-stop basis. Most people in attendance don't know what setlist they played the night before. We're the weird ones. :lol: I like their little quirks and traditions, though.

I'm hoping that as the tour progresses they'll shake that off and add more RevRad songs. AI songs shouldn't be outnumbering the new material.

Definitely in agreement with your point about bands not varying the setlist hugely. I've seen Less Than Jake 81 times and I've followed them on various tours a few times. And they're like 'We played X last night just for you guys, because we feel bad for playing the same songs most nights.' and I'm always like 'Yeah but it's our choice to go to all of these shows. You're not asking us to come. 90% of the people at these shows probably haven't seen you before, and would be pretty pissed if they didn't get to hear Johnny Quest, a song that you switched out for something rare because a handful of fans have gone to a lot more shows.' 😅 

Regarding Rev Rad songs though, why should they add even more to the set? They're already playing half of the entire album. I don't know about you guys, but I've never been to shows where bands play that many new songs! American Idiot was so huge, they have to play American Idiot, BOBD, Holiday and Jesus of Suburbia at least. There's an expectation from the crowd to hear them, just as there is for BasketCase, Minority, and Hitchin A Ride. I know in Milan anyway, everyone hit the roof when those songs FROM American Idiot were played.

Fair enough, Are We the Waiting and Letterbomb were nice to haves at that show, but if they're going to take out those songs then they shouldn't replace them with more RR in my opinion. Why not play something from the trilogy that got a good response on the 99 Revolutions tour? Or even something from Warning or Insomniac. 

2 people like this