Khaleesi.

2016/09/23 - World Cup of Hockey, Scotiabank, Toronto, Canada - CANCELLED

Khaleesi.
7 minutes ago, Justin said:

You got ripped :P

shush

TracksAtChristieRoad

Got my ticket!

I would love to meet up with fellow gdcers in Toronto. Still deciding on how I'll get there and if I'm staying at a hotel or taking a greyhound late at night. Depending on how long the show is.  

Lindsay

UGH why did this have to be announced with such short notice. :(

So happy you all got tickets though!!! See you guys next leg hopefully :P 

drumstick

Getting tickets for this was very easy, unllike all the east coast shows :ermm:

My mom (also looooooves green day) is visiting from Croatia (haven't seen her in 2 years), and she's arriving on sept 20th. I planned to take her to Niagara falls and this just worked perfectly. Not telling her anything about the show though-can't wait to see her face when we actually get to the venue haha

So excited! Hope to meet some of you!

bass boy

Just scored a ticket off Stubhub. Anyone have any experience with it? Dont wanna find out its a fake ticket or some shit at the door, looks legit and all but ive never dealt with second hand tickets before. Stoked as fuck though, lookin forward to seein some GDCers down there too! The fact that its G/A makes me squeal omg, so hyped lol.

BeachBum
Just now, bass boy said:

Just scored a ticket off Stubhub. Anyone have any experience with it? Dont wanna find out its a fake ticket or some shit at the door, looks legit and all but ive never dealt with second hand tickets before. Stoked as fuck though, lookin forward to seein some GDCers down there too! The fact that its G/A makes me squeal omg, so hyped lol.

Stubhub is usally fine.  

There were still tickets on ticketmaster though :P

bass boy
5 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

Stubhub is usally fine.  

There were still tickets on ticketmaster though :P

Aghh silly me i shoulda checked but i assumed the presale sold out long ago based on what i heard on FB. Meh, paid an extra $10 and now i dont gotta worry about the public sale in the morning so im happy :) 

Jaymee!!
3 hours ago, BeachBum said:

@Jaymee!! are you camping out the night before?

Also I can't wait for what feels like a family reunion, except I will be able to feel my toes this time :D 

Duh

im kind of wondering if it'll be even worth it though, since the 'doors' to the area only open at 3pm and they go on at 6:30pm...it would be so much nicer to know if this was just a general play a few hits for 20 minutes show or like a full on regular show.

• Like 2

W Axl Rose
3 minutes ago, Jaymee!! said:

Duh

im kind of wondering if it'll be even worth it though, since the 'doors' to the area only open at 3pm and they go on at 6:30pm...it would be so much nicer to know if this was just a general play a few hits for 20 minutes show or like a full on regular show.

I say it's at least an hour. They have a day off before and the next show isn't far at all in Detroit. For $25,I'll be happy with an hour and extatic for a full set.

BeachBum
34 minutes ago, Jaymee!! said:

Duh

I am leaning more towards a longer set.  I don't see them making the trip across the border for one 20 min show.

nmycon
4 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

I am leaning more towards a longer set.  I don't see them making the trip across the border for one 20 min show.

All depends on how much $$$ they're getting paid to play haha :lol:

Seeing how cheap the tickets are, I'm guessing they're getting quite a bit from sponsors

W Axl Rose
9 minutes ago, nmycon said:

All depends on how much $$$ they're getting paid to play haha :lol:

Seeing how cheap the tickets are, I'm guessing they're getting quite a bit from sponsors

I don't know what their full fee is but they can't be getting that off of selling 1,000 tickets at even $80 a pop in NYC (just my ballpark figures ) Everyone is going to make money still. They aren't broke. I'm sure they'll release a schedule of events and hopefully it says Green Day:8:30-1045. Hockey ceremony:10:45-11.

TracksAtChristieRoad
3 hours ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

Got my ticket!

I would love to meet up with fellow gdcers in Toronto. Still deciding on how I'll get there and if I'm staying at a hotel or taking a greyhound late at night. Depending on how long the show is.  

Most of the cheaper hotels are booked not paying 300+

With my greyhound ticket and ticket to the show is still under 100$

getting back home at 3am on sat but worth it.

Edited by TracksAtChristieRoad

Jaymee!!
2 hours ago, W Axl Rose said:

I don't know what their full fee is but they can't be getting that off of selling 1,000 tickets at even $80 a pop in NYC (just my ballpark figures ) Everyone is going to make money still. They aren't broke. I'm sure they'll release a schedule of events and hopefully it says Green Day:8:30-1045. Hockey ceremony:10:45-11.

The schedule actually just says they begin at 6:30pm with no time frame. This hockey thing isn't just happening on one day, it's a week-long event. So the day is for them alone. It could go either way at this point.

Khaleesi.

the fact that they're the only thing happening that day, makes me think it'll be a full set. maybe it's just wishful thinking though, haha

• Like 3

BeachBum

It is listed as a premium concert on their site.  Leads me to believe that it is more than a small set.

• Like 1

Khaleesi.
5 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

It is listed as a premium concert on their site.  Leads me to believe that it is more than a small set.

that too 

1039Mike

When was the last time green day did a "short" set that wasn't television?

• Like 1

Jaymee!!

Haha just spent ages looking up hotels, ended up just Airbnb'ing an entire apartment next to the venue 👌🏻💪🏻

• Like 3

Four.
7 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

the fact that they're the only thing happening that day, makes me think it'll be a full set. maybe it's just wishful thinking though, haha

aren't they presenting the canadian team as well? is it not time for me to meet my babe sid? :P

stories and songs

Magical Canadian gnomes seemingly snatched up all the tickets.

Khaleesi.
4 hours ago, Four. said:

aren't they presenting the canadian team as well? is it not time for me to meet my babe sid? :P

no, I think it's a salute to the Canadian team followed by the concert. this is near the end of the competition (the semis start that weekend)

blueshadows

Really wish they'd say how long they're playing. If NYC doesn't work out tomorrow i'd really consider Toronto but I can't make all the travel plus hotel for less than an hour sigh...

W Axl Rose
17 minutes ago, blueshadows said:

Really wish they'd say how long they're playing. If NYC doesn't work out tomorrow i'd really consider Toronto but I can't make all the travel plus hotel for less than an hour sigh...

It appears to be sold out. Hopefully that means it's a 5,000 person capacity. If it was more than a 2 hour drive, I wouldn't have taken the chance. I couldn't pass up two tickets for $54 US including the fees. I think it's a full show. 

Jaymee!!

What time are people thinking of showing up? I think just like around 10am the day off would be decent enough since its such an odd show.