Khaleesi.

2016/09/23 - World Cup of Hockey, Scotiabank, Toronto, Canada - CANCELLED

TracksAtChristieRoad

My manager gave me the okay to have the 23 off!!! Now to just get tickets! And figure out travel and accommodations if need be.  

WhiteTim
4 hours ago, sara_gd said:

I'm thinking of terms of length of their performance. You're the only person in this forum that seems to know something about previous years, so would you know anything else...?

Actually I think I got this event mixed up with a different World Cup event 

• Like 1

PurpleIron1039

I'm not sure if this question has already been answered or not, but does anyone know if the entire show will be broadcast on some TV station or even uploaded online?

Dakke
Just now, PurpleIron1039 said:

I'm not sure if this question has already been answered or not, but does anyone know if the entire show will be broadcast on some TV station or even uploaded online?

I'm sure someone will film it with their phone, but I'm not counting on an 'official' broadcast.

Jean

Since it's hockey related, I think it might air on CBC or Sportsnet.

sara_gd

Isn't it a bit weird that they don't have this under tour dates on greenday.com? I suppose it will be a short performance, or maybe it's just their people not updating the site (it's really not that difficult -.-)

Mary Daze
2 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Isn't it a bit weird that they don't have this under tour dates on greenday.com? I suppose it will be a short performance, or maybe it's just their people not updating the site (it's really not that difficult -.-)

Maybe they'll change it tomorrow after an announcement of tour dates, which i hope will happen!

• Like 1

Matt.
On 9/2/2016 at 5:13 PM, dumbell2424 said:

ESPN is showing TCU @ SMU at 7PM central

Seeing as how's there no hockey games for the 23rd, and just festivities, it would be odd to show them live without any sports as well. 

No it wouldn't be odd. They not only show sports, but events that surround sports as well. Plus, they're big into music.

Flora Girod

Excuse me but I have a question, do you know at what time before the concert I should come for the concert in Paris ?

dumbell2424
22 hours ago, Matt. said:

No it wouldn't be odd. They not only show sports, but events that surround sports as well. Plus, they're big into music.

OK then...which programme do you think they'll preempt for this?

http://www.espn.com/espntv/onair/index?start=9-23-16-4:00-PM

Also, the World Cup of Hockey programming is already in the schedule as well, so if this were part of the TV deal, one would think it would be programmed in if they were going to show it live. Example: http://www.espn.com/espntv/onair/index?start=9-22-16-6:00-PM

• Like 1

spacewanderess

Getting so anxious for the rest of the tour announcement. If they don't come to western Canada, (hopefully Vancouver) I'll be pretty bummed out. 

rockmanx37

Amazing news!!!

Khaleesi.

ugh wtf, I emailed my director asking for the 23rd off on Friday, and he still hasn't responded :(

bubblette29

Did everyone receive their pre-sale code? I didn't yet, and I emailed memberships@gdidiotnation.com like it says, which comes back undeliverable.   :S

Khaleesi.

i got the 23rd off!!! :D

• Like 1

bubblette29

it seems the Ticketmaster page hasn't even been created yet for this show, while all the other shows have been. Or am I missing something?

She-Loves-Him

On the fence about this one now because I'll most likely go to the one on the 26th in Columbus but at the same time it's an hour away and only $25 so I feel like it would be silly not to go....

DatsNoMoon

I was just curious as to what you guys think is gonna happen on the 23rd.  I know the event they're headlining is the World Cup Of Hockey, but does that mean they're only gonna play like one or two songs and that's it?  Or maybe like an hour-long set or something?

I'm just curious because that's the only Toronto date even though I'm sure there'll be another, cuz all the shows they're doing on this leg are smaller club shows, it's got me wondering on whether to wait to see a proper, full sorta "Green Day at the ACC!" show or something like that, rather than a "they're gonna play one song at a sports thing" sorta show, y'know?

Second favourite son
15 minutes ago, DatsNoMoon said:

I was just curious as to what you guys think is gonna happen on the 23rd.  I know the event they're headlining is the World Cup Of Hockey, but does that mean they're only gonna play like one or two songs and that's it?  Or maybe like an hour-long set or something?

I'm just curious because that's the only Toronto date even though I'm sure there'll be another, cuz all the shows they're doing on this leg are smaller club shows, it's got me wondering on whether to wait to see a proper, full sorta "Green Day at the ACC!" show or something like that, rather than a "they're gonna play one song at a sports thing" sorta show, y'know?

Since we already had a topic for this show, I've merged your topic into the existing thread :) 

1039Mike
28 minutes ago, DatsNoMoon said:

There is no hockey game that day. Green day isn't playing at the air Canada centre  (where the world cup of hockey games are taking place). They are playing in a "fan village", which is holding concerts and adding to the experience overall.

It is tough to say if they will be playing a short set or playing a long one. The fact that this is a ticketed event and not just them playing a song during the intermission of the hockey game makes me believe that they will play for at least an hour. 

It's been 12 years since the last world cup of hockey so it is impossible to predict how long they would play based on passed performances in the tournament.  

With all the organizing, ticket selling, and the hype for revolution radio, and the fact this is green day who pride themselves on their live shows, I feel this will be a decent length concert! And even if it isn't, 25 dollars to see green day in Toronto isn't a bad price if they play a short set.

bass boy

Ahh my presale anxiety is runnin high as fuckkkk. I swear if ticketmasters mobile site fucks me and i gotta deal with stubhub or scalpers... Agh damn you work. 

• Like 1

Four.
5 hours ago, bubblette29 said:

it seems the Ticketmaster page hasn't even been created yet for this show, while all the other shows have been. Or am I missing something?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/wcoh-celebration-of-champions-featuring-green-toronto-ontario-09-23-2016/event/1000511397246481?artistid=768353&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

It has now. :) 

(I am so stoked for this show even if it'll happen right in the middle of the semester)

Khaleesi.
5 hours ago, She-Loves-Him said:

On the fence about this one now because I'll most likely go to the one on the 26th in Columbus but at the same time it's an hour away and only $25 so I feel like it would be silly not to go....

it would be extremely silly for you to not go :wub:

• Like 2

Four.

GOT MY TICKETS

• Like 1

Khaleesi.

GOT TICKETS!! :woot: 

• Like 1