Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
Khaleesi.

2016/09/23 - World Cup of Hockey, Scotiabank, Toronto, Canada - CANCELLED

Jaymee!!

There is another 'premium' concert to be announced that plays a couple days before Green Day...titling it as a premium event makes me believe that it's a full concert (though it'll most likely just be 3-7 songs).

Paola17
1 minute ago, Jaymee!! said:

There is another 'premium' concert to be announced that plays a couple days before Green Day...titling it as a premium event makes me believe that it's a full concert (though it'll most likely just be 3-7 songs).

Well they annonunced the premiere party, which will be headlined by The Killers.
That is happening exacrtly a week before Green Day.

(Don't think it's what you're talking about but who knows)

(Also, I know we shouldn't discussed this here, so I've posted the news about the premiere party in the proper thread )

Jaymee!!
1 minute ago, Paola17 said:

Well they annonunced the premiere party, which will be headlined by The Killers.
That is happening exacrtly a week before Green Day.

(Don't think it's what you're talking about but who knows)

(Also, I know we shouldn't discussed this here, so I've posted the news about the premiere party in the proper thread )

Naaah bru the article I read said the other concert would be happening on the Wednesday, so only 2 days before Green Day.

Matt.
1 hour ago, Smitty said:

I dont think espn would televise this because espn hasn't really shown anything hockey-related after the nhl's contract with espn expired years back. They only show highlights throughout the season and even then they half-ass it. 

They half-ass all highlights these days.

legendary
2 minutes ago, Matt. said:

They half-ass all highlights these days.

Hey Matt, i sent a private message to you. Did you check?

Mary711

This is great news for all of you guys over there who are able to attend. :) 

• Like 1

WhiteTim
2 hours ago, 11Greendayfan said:

They have the rights to broadcast the World Cup of hockey. They definitely will show the hockey games. Concert might not though. I would imagine it will be.

What makes this one so special over the past years? 

TracksAtChristieRoad

super stoked about this. hopefully i can go just gotta see about work..

i have the sat sun booked off for a event in my hometown already... 

sara_gd
22 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

What makes this one so special over the past years? 

Could you give us some info on previous years? I can't find anything. I was hoping to get a setlist or review from some artist some year but no luck.

WhiteTim
8 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Could you give us some info on previous years? I can't find anything. I was hoping to get a setlist or review from some artist some year but no luck.

World Cup always has other entertainment besides the main hockey game from concerts to other events the concerts has never been televised to my knowledge of it 

dumbell2424
5 hours ago, Matt. said:

Judging by the post about 5 above yours, I don't think we know anything about that yet. The World Cup itself will be televised, but who knows about the festivities. Since ESPN has the US rights, I wouldn't be surprised if they attached on to something like this since they're turning more into a social/publicity type of network not just devoted to sports. Plus, it's on a Friday night, which would mean no big college football games for them to air.

ESPN is showing TCU @ SMU at 7PM central

Seeing as how's there no hockey games for the 23rd, and just festivities, it would be odd to show them live without any sports as well. 

• Like 1

greendepent

Cool, I'm waiting for a Bang Bang live video or audio already

Justin1

I have season tickets for the Winnipeg Jets and I've never been to a game where they didn't play Know Your Enemy at some point in between plays 🙂

Green Day + Hockey = Epicness! 

Alf

Greenday.com reposted the same nhl arcticle, so the show is confirmed!!!

Otávio Vidal

Good news for our canadian friends! I'm happy for you up there :happy: 

Maybe even if it's not TV streamed we might get an youtube/internet version. Idk.

What was the last time they played at a sport related event? This one? 

• Like 1

bass boy

OMG NO FUCKIN WAY. Im at work on Thursday and have no way out aghhhhh. Hopefully Ticketmasters mobile thing doesnt suck i neeeeeed to go to this holy shit.

• Like 2

blueshadows

Anyone knows in previous years how long the set lasted for this event? I am considering making the trip to see this but would not want to go if it is only a a couple of songs and would rather just wait to see the tour when new dates are announced.

• Like 1

LizTheRusher
9 minutes ago, blueshadows said:

Anyone knows in previous years how long the set lasted for this event? I am considering making the trip to see this but would not want to go if it is only a a couple of songs and would rather just wait to see the tour when new dates are announced.

Same, it's about a 9.5 hour drive for me, but I'll make the trip if it's a decent set list 

tigress

Green Day and hockey, two of my greatest loves. I was so excited to wake up to this notification from NHL on my phone today.

• Like 1

dumbell2424

It's been 12 years since the last World Cup of Hockey, so I'm not even sure if past formats are conducive to think about in terms of planning for long drives. 

sara_gd
15 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

World Cup always has other entertainment besides the main hockey game from concerts to other events the concerts has never been televised to my knowledge of it 

I'm thinking of terms of length of their performance. You're the only person in this forum that seems to know something about previous years, so would you know anything else...?

o_O
21 hours ago, Matt. said:

Judging by the post about 5 above yours, I don't think we know anything about that yet. The World Cup itself will be televised, but who knows about the festivities. Since ESPN has the US rights, I wouldn't be surprised if they attached on to something like this since they're turning more into a social/publicity type of network not just devoted to sports. Plus, it's on a Friday night, which would mean no big college football games for them to air.

wrong. TCU will be playing that evening and TCU is ranked pretty high, so i would say they are pretty big. 

• Like 1

Overjoyyed

I literally live a 5 minute walk to the distillery district.. I'm so excited!! I need tickets.. Bought the revrad fan club bundle yesterday hoping to get a presale. Hope they will have a presale. I'm sure the tickets will be sold in like a minute.. 😕

Siddharth_471

I guess as Jason described about "huge September tour coming", not exactly but a proto-tour starting with the World Cup celebration performance before RevRad for promoting the album is possible.