Donation to help with costs Read more... ×
Khaleesi.

2016/09/23 - World Cup of Hockey, Scotiabank, Toronto, Canada - CANCELLED

ZSebs

I asked this in a different topic, but I feel posting here would be beneficial too. Is this going to be a private showing just for people who pay for tickets, or will this be broadcast on TV? I have a feeling that it won't be on TV just because I am sure they would have said something if it were. 

Dirty Rotten Bastard

Well I'm considering this...
I just hope there are more dates announced around that time and before October

WorryRock02

do you think they are going to play some new songs? 

Paola17

https://www.nhl.com/news/world-cup-of-hockey-details/c-778402?tid=278386054

"Sportsnet has exclusive English-language media rights and TVA Sports the exclusive French-language media rights in Canada to the 2016 World Cup of Hockey. The deal covers all tournament games and includes television, online and mobile rights. ESPN owns the exclusive U.S. media rights on television and radio, with most games to appear on ESPN and ESPN2. ESPN International has the exclusive rights in over 20 countries served by its Pacific Rim and Latin North networks. Additionally, live access to coverage of the event on ESPN networks will be available through WatchESPN on computers, smartphones, tablets, Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One via an affiliated video provider."

This doesbn't necessarily tell us about the performance, but I did send them a message asking about it. Hopefully the NHL will respond.

11Greendayfan

As a big big big fan of hockey, this makes me super excited. Get to see my favorite players and favorite band?  Fuck yes!

• Like 1

Z J

ALL OF MY FAVORITE THINGS IN ONE PLACE:runaround::runaround::runaround::runaround::runaround:

• Like 3

AlissaGoesRAWR

Well @Laura!, I guess we get to drunkenly fangirl about this at the zoo brew... :P

• Like 1

RedundantIdiot

Yay! Hopefully they will announce some more live performances this month. It will certainty be interesting to see how many songs from the new album they perform

Matt.
Just now, Jake69 said:

It's it going to be on tv?

Judging by the post about 5 above yours, I don't think we know anything about that yet. The World Cup itself will be televised, but who knows about the festivities. Since ESPN has the US rights, I wouldn't be surprised if they attached on to something like this since they're turning more into a social/publicity type of network not just devoted to sports. Plus, it's on a Friday night, which would mean no big college football games for them to air.

Laura!
10 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Well @Laura!, I guess we get to drunkenly fangirl about this at the zoo brew... :P

Yeeeesss! I already feel bad for the Brandons. :P 

• Like 1

LostCanadianGoose

HOLY SHIT, I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT IT'S IN TORONTO. I MIGHT GO!!!!!!  :runaround:

WhiteTim

They didn't air any of the past concerts so I seriously doubt they're going to start to now 

• Like 1

BeachBum

Home just in time for this :D

• Like 1

Maid Meringue

"The band's Fan Village performance will be the first date on their new fall tour." :runaround: so their tour starts on the 23rd then??

• Like 2

Beathe.

This is exciting. :D Cannot wait for more dates. 

Jaymee!!

Wus good

• Like 1

sara_gd
48 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

They didn't air any of the past concerts so I seriously doubt they're going to start to now 

Sorry I'm seeing this from my phone,  how long did performances last on previous years? 

41 minutes ago, Maid Meringue said:

"The band's Fan Village performance will be the first date on their new fall tour." :runaround: so their tour starts on the 23rd then??

Where is that info from? 

WhiteTim
1 minute ago, sara_gd said:

Sorry I'm seeing this from my phone,  how long did performances last on previous years? 

Where is that info from? 

Dunno never been to one but I know Cee-Lo Green was the artist to perform last year 

• Like 1

Hermione

Fabulous news for Canada! Bargain price as well. Looking forward to seeing/hearing all about it :happyhands: (<- lmao I clicked on the emoticons to find a suitably happy one to express my feelings and found this new guy)

• Like 1

Paola17
5 minutes ago, sara_gd said:

Where is that info from? 

From the article itself, near the bottom

drumstick

Holy shit i might go to this!! Anyone knows how long bands 

usually perform?

• Like 1

heather

Well even though Green Day and hockey are about the strangest things combined that I've ever heard of I'm having a heart attack right now because I'm in Toronto and I can't believe there's a tiny chance I could get in to see this!!  Damn I hate the pressure of ticket sales...

• Like 1

Smitty
2 hours ago, Matt. said:

Judging by the post about 5 above yours, I don't think we know anything about that yet. The World Cup itself will be televised, but who knows about the festivities. Since ESPN has the US rights, I wouldn't be surprised if they attached on to something like this since they're turning more into a social/publicity type of network not just devoted to sports. Plus, it's on a Friday night, which would mean no big college football games for them to air.

I dont think espn would televise this because espn hasn't really shown anything hockey-related after the nhl's contract with espn expired years back. They only show highlights throughout the season and even then they half-ass it. 

11Greendayfan
28 minutes ago, Smitty said:

I dont think espn would televise this because espn hasn't really shown anything hockey-related after the nhl's contract with espn expired years back. They only show highlights throughout the season and even then they half-ass it. 

They have the rights to broadcast the World Cup of hockey. They definitely will show the hockey games. Concert might not though. I would imagine it will be.