Tre Cool will be featured on cover of Drum Magazine

desertrose

On 28 August 2016 at 0:10 AM, Andres said:

Thanks for posting. I've shared it on GDA.He was last on the cover in 2005 (unless we missed a scan somewhere).

But you can read that article on GDA

http://www.greendayauthority.com/articles/40/1/

Great post, Andres. Well deserved recognition for Tre. My dad was a drummer a long time ago and played with a really huge band in the '70's/80's- and he was the guy who turned me on to Green Day at first (back when I was a know-nothing 13 year old). He said "these guys are pretty good- but just listen to the drummer, he might be as good as Keith Moon". Well dad, as usual, you were totally right! My one regret from when I met Tre was that I hadn't mentioned the Moon comparison- he is definitely on the same level but thankfully for us not nearly as insane.

I love me some good content about the gear the band uses, so I'll for sure read these scans. 

definitely looking forward to this. Bass Player Magazine usually covers Mike Dirnt when they release an album, and Billie usually gets interviewed by at least one guitar magazine, those are my favorite interviews

4 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

definitely looking forward to this. Bass Player Magazine usually covers Mike Dirnt when they release an album, and Billie usually gets interviewed by at least one guitar magazine, those are my favorite interviews

Me too, I like those interviews because I like to know what amps and stuff they used, I am a little bit nerdy with that stuff haha.

I've never read a drum magazine i know a little bit I definetely want to check out what he uses and stuff he has to say though! He looks dope with the blue hair.

Looks like he's using a different set of hi-hats for this era. Those seem to be 14" Zildjian K Hybrids. He used to have Zildjian K/Z hats for as long as I can remember (at least since the American Idiot era).

Archived