Green Day to perform at the VMA's Sunday (Rumor)

XxXxXxXxX

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to see them play Bang Bang live. I hope it happens tomorrow :runaround:

I've read a few other articles online and none of them mention Green Day performing. It could happen, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I've never even heard of this website. :lol: 

MTV says on their site:

Speaking of legendary, VMA veteran and all around badass Rihanna will accept the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award on top of rocking the VMA stage for what's sure to be a mind-blowing performance. But if you can't even with that news, we've got something else that will blow your mind: Britney is back, bitch. Taking to the the VMA stage for the first time in 10 years, music icon Britney Spears will be thrilling fans with a world-premiere performance of "Make Me…" featuring G-Eazy. In addition to Brit, we have multi-platinum recording artist, Nick Jonas slated to perform a sizzling rendition of "Bacon" featuring Ty Dolla $ign, along with a performance by Atlanta rapper, Future. Producer duo The Chainsmokers will also make their VMA debut with number #1 hit, "Closer" featuring pop artist, Halsey. And on top of it all, Ariana Grande will make a triumphant return to the VMA stage with superstar Nicki Minaj to perform "Side to Side." 

No Green Day :( But maybe it should be a surprise performance and somebody just spilled the beans?

I don't know.. if that's the only source mentioning Green Day then I still have my doubts they will perform at the VMAs. But if they do then I honestly can't wait to see them perform BANG BANG live!

40 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

MTV says on their site:

Speaking of legendary, VMA veteran and all around badass Rihanna will accept the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award on top of rocking the VMA stage for what's sure to be a mind-blowing performance. But if you can't even with that news, we've got something else that will blow your mind: Britney is back, bitch. Taking to the the VMA stage for the first time in 10 years, music icon Britney Spears will be thrilling fans with a world-premiere performance of "Make Me…" featuring G-Eazy. In addition to Brit, we have multi-platinum recording artist, Nick Jonas slated to perform a sizzlinG REndition of "Bacon" fEaturiNg Ty Dolla $ign, along with A performance bY Atlanta rapper, Future. Producer duo The Chainsmokers will also make their VMA debut with number #1 hit, "Closer" featuring pop artist, Halsey. And on top of it all, Ariana Grande will make a triumphant return to the VMA stage with superstar Nicki Minaj to perform "Side to Side." 

No Green Day :( But maybe it should be a surprise performance and somebody just spilled the beans?

Green Day performance 100% confirmed.

3 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

The band is called Grene Dae now. Unfortunately, this argument is invalid.

Shit, I thought I had it.

Nevermind guys, Green Day is playing the VMA's not Grene Dae.

10 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

Green Day performance 100% confirmed.

They're not the only ones...

Speaking of legendary, VMA veteran and all around badass RIhanna wiLL accept the Michael Jackson Video VangUard Award on top of rocking the VMA stage for what's sure to be a mINd-blowing performAnce. BuT If you can't even with that news, we've got something else that will blow your mind: Britney is back, bitCh. Taking tO the the VMA stage for the first time iN 10 years, music icon Britney Spears will be thrilling Fans wIth a woRld-preMiere performance of "MakE Me…" featuring G-Eazy. In aDdition to Brit, we have multi-platinum recording artist, Nick Jonas slated to perform a sizzling rendition of "Bacon" featuring Ty Dolla $ign, along with a performance by Atlanta rapper, Future. Producer duo The Chainsmokers will also make their VMA debut with number #1 hit, "Closer" featuring pop artist, Halsey. And on top of it all, Ariana Grande will make a triumphant return to the VMA stage with superstar Nicki Minaj to perform "Side to Side." 

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Who else is ready for a live version of Bang Bang?

I AMMMMMMM

Would be awesome but I'm going to be reserved and say it won't happen.  Doesn't mean I won't be watching, hoping.

Wouldn't be surprised if Green Day did perform, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.  A secret VMAs performance seems like a very Green Day thing to do, but whether it'll happen this time round is far too tough to call.  While they've promoted a lot (all?) of their new music at the VMAs in the past, it seems like they're doing things differently this time around.  Still hoping for a VMAs performance of Bang Bang though, and will be looking out for one.

Wouldn't mind if they didn't perfom.

I picture Bang Bang bridge being played at a huge stadium/festival, the VMA's are not massive enough for Bang Bang, but I would still love to hear it anyway.

Is anyone recording the show tomorrow? I mean it will get deleted off YouTube like always so if someone could share it in dropbox or something. I can't watch since it airs like at 4am back here in Finland and it's a school morning.

One source means nothing. Besides, they'll definitely look out of place next to the likes of Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj. I'd love to see them perform Bang Bang live, but if it ain't tomorrow, they'll do it on the major late night shows for sure.

1 minute ago, Dakke said:

One source means nothing. Besides, they'll definitely look out of place next to the likes of Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj. I'd love to see them perform Bang Bang live, but if it ain't tomorrow, they'll do it on the major late night shows for sure.

They always have performed next to the likes of other popular stars outside their genre :D 

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

They always have performed next to the likes of other popular stars outside their genre :D 

True, but there's very little reliable information this time around to confirm a performance. I guess it's mostly a matter of schedule.

1 minute ago, Dakke said:

True, but there's very little reliable information this time around to confirm a performance. I guess it's mostly a matter of schedule.

You're right about that :) one unreliable source is next-to-nothing, but I still hope that they 'accidentally' published something true. 

• Sanity Loan locked this topic

Archived