Green Day Twitter Q&A with @iheartradio

spacewanderess

Debating if I should take off for this or not.. does anyone know how this works? Is it just writing back and forth? Or will they be up on video answering questions? Do they answer most questions?

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, James11693 said:

Debating if I should take off for this or not.. does anyone know how this works? Is it just writing back and forth? Or will they be up on video answering questions? 

Usually it's just via tweets that artists do this. 

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

They'll probably just quote the tweet and write the answer.

And someone will post it all here, right? :)

1 minute ago, lizziebix said:

I will post as much as I can keep up with.  I have no idea how fast this is going to go

There's usually a moderator who filters all the stupid questions and then the band answers the good ones.

1 minute ago, lizziebix said:

I volunteer to be the official poster right here :)
(Kidding, somewhat. It'd be nice to not have the thread cluttered with the 5 of the same tweets in a row).

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I will post as much as I can keep up with.  I have no idea how fast this is going to go

You're  right, you always do have my back. :)

Awesome! Probably won't be around at the time but someone should ask them if they might play random Foxboro Hot Tubs shows on the tour just to encourage them :P 

10 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

They'll probably just quote the tweet and write the answer.

Thanks, prob not worth taking off then. 

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Awesome! Probably won't be around at the time but someone should ask them if they might play random Foxboro Hot Tubs shows on the tour just to encourage them :P 

And small shows like Irving Plaza! 

Sorry guys, I've never used twitter so bare with me. If I send a question and they answer it, do I have to be online at the time they answer it in order to see their answer? Or can I send a question and see their reply an hour or so later on my page?  Thanks

19 minutes ago, James11693 said:

Thanks, prob not worth taking off then. 

And small shows like Irving Plaza! 

Sorry guys, I've never used twitter so bare with me. If I send a question and they answer it, do I have to be online at the time they answer it in order to see their answer? Or can I send a question and see their reply an hour or so later on my page?  Thanks

You'll get a notification at Twitter's mentions tab if they answer you :)

Can I ask them to come to Brazil? :P

The term "iHeart" makes me a flinch a bit but this is cool. Honestly, Twitter Q&As typically don't go very quickly or answer a lot of questions. Especially for folks answering who perhaps aren't the best with social media. I doubt it'll be hard to keep up with. 

I want to know more about the bow guitar. It's all I can think about. How often did he use it? How did he decide to use it? Was it tough to learn a new technique? Will he play it on stage (if so I need to be mentally prepared)?

2 minutes ago, dolce_amore93 said:

Will he play it on stage (if so I need to be mentally prepared)?

I literally will have to start practing meditation months prior to the show or the excitement will kill me. That would be a whole new level of cool. 

13 minutes ago, Otávio Vidal said:

Can I ask them to come to Brazil? :P

You can try to ask them first :P

2 hours ago, spark in the night said:

I can't wait for Billie's typos :P ho as hell, pole, what will be next? :lol::wub: 

Potatoe 

49 minutes ago, Hermione said:

will do ;)

7 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Could someone shortly explain to me how to Twitter? I might get Twitter for this. It could be fun.

You have only 140 characters.

Use @ to send a message to someone (same as on gdc)

Use # to give an id to your tweet. If you search #something you will get a list of tweets who used the same.

So if you want to ask Green Day a question write a tweet and add the hashtag written on the first page so iHeart can find it.

I can see it already; there will be so many people it'll go too fast and be too jammed up and I won't be able to get a word in edgewise, they won't answer many questions or be on very long or people will ask lots of stupid questions, or someone will ask all the good questions and I won't know what to say. That's usually how these band things go. Sorry, being a negative Nancy but I usually don't have much luck with these things.

Lately Twitter Q&As have actually been in a video format, and I could see this being the same. They'll post a short video with the question at the bottom and the band will be on camera answering it. I could see them going this route, especially with their questionable technology skills

3 hours ago, lizziebix said:

Ask if they are playing with GNR this week?

Whys that?

Nevermind:ga:

11 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

Lately Twitter Q&As have actually been in a video format, and I could see this being the same. They'll post a short video with the question at the bottom and the band will be on camera answering it. I could see them going this route, especially with their questionable technology skills

I'd rather it be a video so they can give longer answers

Should I start hashtagging it now? or should i wait till near/during the q&a?

5 hours ago, tdlyon said:

If it is a video, do you think it'll be up later in the day to watch? 

Checking the #iHeartGreenDay tag, there are a bunch of users who keep asking if Green Day is doing anything involving 5SOS.

I hope not, haha.

5 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I'd rather it be a video so they can give longer answers

I'm pretty happy with the way they're choosing to do this, because I'm going to be at band camp until 9pm all of tomorrow, so this way I can write all my Tweets beforehand and just post them in rapid succession at 3.

Archived