Green Day Twitter Q&A with @iheartradio

spacewanderess

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Jirachi said:

Wouldnt it have been better if they looked through the twitter questions, wrote them down, and answered them in a 10-15 minute youtube or facebook or twitter video instead or something? No character limit, plus iots be faster with more questions.

But that wouldn't have been a Twitter Q&A :P just a video with questions submitted via social media. It would have been cool, but I guess they did it this way so iheart's Twitter followers would see the succinct answers on their feed without having to do anything. 

11 hours ago, Jenn123 said:

This has no relation to the question, which was: "Can we expect to see you on tour in the US in 2016?" :lol:

Is there already a thread for this ? #TurnItAroundTheStoryOfEastBayPunk 

Is it same as this one on facebook? https://www.facebook.com/eastbaypunxmovie/  It has been on the works for a while now :) Anybody know anything?

5 minutes ago, Ruskaeth said:

Is there already a thread for this ? #TurnItAroundTheStoryOfEastBayPunk 

Is it same as this one on facebook? https://www.facebook.com/eastbaypunxmovie/  It has been on the works for a while now :) Anybody know anything?

There is a thread in here - I just can't link you - my iPad is crap. 

29 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

There is a thread in here - I just can't link you - my iPad is crap. 

Found it... But I don't know how to link anything ^^

Turn It Around: The Story of East Bay Punk

I don't quite get the purpose of this Q&A, since we've only got like 7 answers, of which only one gave some actual information (Tim Armstrong directing Bang Bang - which is awesome). All the other questions and answers were kind of pointless (for example - like you were all actually worried of Green Day not coming to fucking UK during their tour, I mean come on)

21 minutes ago, Mato said:

I don't quite get the purpose of this Q&A, since we've only got like 7 answers, of which only one gave some actual information (Tim Armstrong directing Bang Bang - which is awesome). All the other questions and answers were kind of pointless (for example - like you were all actually worried of Green Day not coming to fucking UK during their tour, I mean come on)

I think it was pretty much about the exposure to iheart followers. And I guess just creating more hype for the album. Or maybe they thought it would be easier to answer questions in less than 140 characters...unfortunately Billie is a bit of a rambler so that's probably why they resorted to the smartass answers most of the time!

edit: I mean unfortunate in the context of a Twitter Q&A. Rambling is good...y'know. 😎

Well, I thought they'd answer more questions. How typical of them to goof around. Hopefully we will get more answers from interviews...

Just read it, thought their answers were quite entertaining and finding out about Tim Armstrong doing the video was cool! I imagine it would've been fun following it live too. Sometimes things can just be small/a bit of fun, there'll be plenty of other interviews where we'll get answers to everything.

45 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

Clickbait much?? Jfc

I know. We didn't learn much.

8 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

I know. We didn't learn much.

Sure we did, we learned that Billie likes pancakes.  

2 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Sure we did, we learned that Billie likes pancakes.  

Is you new pic from geezer night? 

2 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Is you new pic from geezer night? 

Yes, it is a picture I took with my own little hands.  It's special.  

On August 16, 2016 at 4:19 PM, lucky_stars said:

I have a friend who works at iHeart, and she's pretty positive GD is at the studio in NYC right now doing the Twitter takeover. She also heard they're recording something while they're there, like a concert or interview that will be posted today or some time this week. Not super specific news but still exciting! If they're in NY then there's the potential for a lot of cool stuff happening for the album and Bang Bang!

Just wanted to give an update on this (even though this is old news) - GD were not at the iHeart studio in NYC for the Twitter takeover, but the information my friend disclosed to me is still true! GD will be at iHeart "sometime soon" (I suspect when they head to NY for a week of promotional stuff, late night appearances, maybe GMA) and my friend believes it will be in September. I expected it to be closer to the Oct. 7 release, but who knows. Their promotion (or lack thereof?) for the album has been anything but ordinary hahah. 

Archived