Static Noise 102: Finger Bang Bang

Fuzz

We did it, we finally did it. Episode 102 is online and we talk all about Bang Bang and Revolution Radio. 

http://staticnoise.com/2016/08/episode-102-finger-bang-bang/

As with most of our shows, lets go ahead and put an 'Explicit' tag right from the start.

Follow us on Twitter (@StaticNoiseGDA) and Facebook.com/staticnoisepodcast 

Leave us comments and your thoughts about the show. Otherwise, how will we know you listened? How will we know we didn’t spend all this valuable time FOR NOTHING! PLEASE WE’RE NEEDY!

Subscribe to the show through iTunes or add us through Overcast.

Hosts

Andres - @andresgda
Matt - @chinanderm
Jack - @jack__yates
Mikey - @M1KEY_GDA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna finger bang-bang you into my life, girl you like to finger bang and it's all right ...

I listened! Nice summary of all the news and tidbits. Loled at the album cover email. And at a lot of other things. Agreed with most things, except I actually love the little effect thingy they do in Bang Bang! :cool:

Listened it. Liked it. Agreed most of it. Hoped to hear more little clips of the things mentioned, e.g.the thing you can hear only with sennheiser. Good work ! :) 

didn't realize how much I missed Mikey's voice until he said the song was wearing a cock ring 

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

@Andres Are you guys going to do this more often?

We would like to do one every two weeks (at minimum) as the news picks up. If it gets real hectic, we may do one per week.

The bridge is the best part of the song, you guys are bat shit crazy hahaha.

Listened to the show, it was good. I was also thinking what could the band have chosen as a title instead of bang bang, but I think eventually that's the best idea. It's not a good title in general, but the vagueness of it allows to shape opinions about the song based on its lyrics rather than just the title. And also leaves room for all sorts of (bad) puns. :P

there is a subreddit for posting videos and pictures of yourself fucking your own bum with your own dick

27 minutes ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

Using Audacity, I can verify that the tempo is 256 BPM 4/4.

Nah. It's 128. Count 1-2-3-4, 2-2-3-4, etc during the opening riff. Each part of the riff (A-->F-->D and A-->F-->C-->E) are one measure of 4 beats each. That section is repeated again.

3 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Nah. It's 128. Count 1-2-3-4, 2-2-3-4, etc during the opening riff. Each part of the riff (A-->F-->D and A-->F-->C-->E) are one measure of 4 beats each. That section is repeated again.

128 feels too slow. That's more like half speed.

I think Bang Bang as the name might be a good idea because there are a lot of songs with that name including the popular song from a couple years by Jessie J, Nicki Minaj and Ariana grande, so when people search for those songs, they might find the Green day song and actually listen to it

3 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I think Bang Bang as the name might be a good idea because there are a lot of songs with that name including the popular song from a couple years by Jessie J, Nicki Minaj and Ariana grande, so when people search for those songs, they might find the Green day song and actually listen to it

I doubt that people who are looking for Jessie J or Ariana Grande or whoever else will actually like the song, and that's already generous to assume they'll click on it. 

2 minutes ago, armatage said:

I doubt that people who are looking for Jessie J or Ariana Grande or whoever else will actually like the song, and that's already generous to assume they'll click on it. 

Well probably mainly the other songs called Bang Bang. But considering how popular that song is, there's probably some people watching that video who'd also watch a gd video. I mean it has almost 750m views

I agree with Matt, it's 128 bpm. If you divide the chord progression into beats it fits. Sometimes when a song is heavy and fast it sounds faster than it actually is just because there's a lot of energy going on.

This is the first time I've listened to a static noise podcast and although I was a bit "woah" when I saw it was a full hour long, I kinda wished it was longer in the end :lol: It's really relaxing to hear you guys talk and very funny. Also very interesting to hear your voices! They are all kinda how I imagined them to be.

What was the "Enemy" article you were referring to? Also I'm glad I didn't hear anything of the fucking SPIN article before your brought it up, what the fuck :huh::fuckyou:

I'm very glad you didn't include a clip of Ordinary World, because I haven't heard the song yet and hoped I wouldn't until I heard it on the album :D 

I LOOOOVE the bridge where the song gets slower, I agree that it just gives you the opportunity to calm the fuck down for a second and prepare yourself for "WORLD WAR ZERO" and the speed picking up again. When you listen to the song non-stop like I do, you welcome a little break. I think the count on my iPod must be around 150 as well + the 30 times I heard it on Spotify on Thursday. I think the number of times the song has been listened to should be another factor when it comes to charts because I can't buy the song 100 times, but I sure as fuck can listen to it this often! Some people don't even buy music anymore and pay for Spotify instead, so it would be fair to take the number of listens into account. iTunes don't say shit about how popular the song is :D 

I thought about an alternate title for the song too (I wasn't on the forum when it was discussed apparently) and I think that Celebrity Martyr would be a much better title :) It's more unique. When you google "Bang Bang" the first results are all the Jessie J song, if it was Celebrity Martyr, Green Day would be first (unless there is another very popular song called Celebrity Martyr). "Gimme Fame" would be awkward I think :D Green Day wasn't very popular during the Trilogy and using that title for their first single would be like "ok we're back and ready to be famous again! purchase our single!" :lol: 

I just finished to listen to the episode. It was very cool and pleasant to listen.
Thank you guys.

11 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

This is the first time I've listened to a static noise podcast and although I was a bit "woah" when I saw it was a full hour long, I kinda wished it was longer in the end :lol: It's really relaxing to hear you guys talk and very funny. Also very interesting to hear your voices! They are all kinda how I imagined them to be.

What was the "Enemy" article you were referring to? Also I'm glad I didn't hear anything of the fucking SPIN article before your brought it up, what the fuck :huh::fuckyou:

Thanks for listening! We have a lot of fun with it.

The article Mikey was referring was on NME, but his Canadian trickery makes it sound like "Enemy," unless that was his point.

59 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Who shared this on Reddit? :lol:

Absolutely no idea, but I'm glad they did! Whoever /u/DickPinch is, they're really into Path of Exile

• Fuzz unpinned this topic

Archived