Setlist Predictions For New Tour

Justin1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Thank you!!! This x 100000000000

It's not because I hate the song, I quite like it....but some songs just don't fit a live setting. Ashley would be a great one live I reckon!

14 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

A few more upbeat, fast paced trilogy songs need to be in there but Brutal Love needs to be dropped, the crowd just seem to die when that song's played.

Honestly I didn't have this feeling during my last concert, but I also have a bad memory and in my previous post I forgot Let yourself go, I can definitely  accept a deal with it instead of Brutal Love :D 

They usually open with a new song on the tours, so maybe Bang Bang as an opener? Think that would really work, with the intro playing over speakers, with Tre doing the little drum part, then the others coming out to start the main instrumental, like they did with 21st CB :) A few acoustic songs would be nice, they only really did TOYL on the 99 Revs tour

1 hour ago, Johnny Higher said:

Or you can watch one of the 10 billions videos on Youtube to "experience" this incredible part of the show. haha

That's bullshit, it's not the same as going to a concert...

I've seen "King for a Day" both times I've seen Green Day live, so I'm neutral on that. If they drop "King for a Day" they better play something else off Nimrod though, last time I saw them that was the sole song they played off Nimrod.

9 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

As long as they do a 2 hour set of King for a Day, I will be happy.

Bitch is back from the city :lol: They will definitely play it  for 2 hours in NYC.

I hope they drop the "hey-o" stuff. I've only seen GD 3 times, but i think they only time I chanted along with the hey-o was the first time i saw them when I was 11. i bet if they dropped it they could fit another song into the set haha

Just now, Kyle Serlington said:

I hope they drop the "hey-o" stuff. I've only seen GD 3 times, but i think they only time I chanted along with the hey-o was the first time i saw them when I was 11. i bet if they dropped it they could fit another song into the set haha

They hey-hos were definitely less at soundwave.

6 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

This list needs more Trilogy songs. Nuclear Family, 99 revolutions, Stay The Night, Brutal Love just to name a few. Would be awesome if they added Dirty Rotten Bastards too.

It needs them but won't get them.   They didn't play trilogy songs when they were promoting the Trilogy, but now that we've got RevRad and them knocking the trilogy in interviews, I'd be surprised to hear any of them.    Blink-182 pretty much ignore Neighborhoods songs, and I think Green Day will do the same.     I absolutely adore the trilogy, but giant seas of fans don't wanna hear it.   They want a few new songs and a bunch of hits.      

Green Day might surprise us, or they might do some secret shows and go nuts with the setlist.    But I'm 99.9 % certain that they do shows like they've done them for years.  If you go to a Green Day show, you're almost certainly going to hear:  

17 hits, 3 new songs, 6 album tracks and a medley of covers.   

I'm not bashing it by any means.  Green Day have perfected the Rock Concert.  I've been to hundreds of shows and Green Day are THE BEST LIVE BAND I've ever seen.   Take out about half of Billie's "hey oh"s and it would be too perfect for this world.   It would be heaven.    

Here's what we will be getting:

1.    BANG BANG

2.    Know Your Enemy

3.    Revolution Radio

4.    Outlaws

5.    Letterbomb

6.    Walking Contradiction 

7.    Holiday

8.    Boulevard of Broken Dreams

9.    Too Dumb to Die

10. Wake Me Up When September Ends

11. Burnout

12. Chump

13. Hitchin' a Ride

14. Welcome to Paradise

15. Highway to Hell

16. When I Come Around

17. Whatshername

18. Longview

19. Basket Case

20. She

21. King for a Day

22. Shout / Always Look on the Bright Side of Life / Break on Through (to the Other Side) / (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction / Hey Jude

23. Minority

ENCORE: 

24. American Idiot

25. Jesus of Suburbia

26. Ordinary World

1- Revolution Radio

2- Bang Bang

3- Know Your Enemy

4- Stop When the Red Lights Flash

5- Murder City

6- Holiday

7- Blvd.of Broken Dreams

8- Let Yourself Go

9- Outlaws (or any #RevRad)

10- Are We the Waiting 

11- St.Jimmy

12- Hitchin' A Ride

13- Welcome to Paradise

14- 2,000 Light Years Away (any from Kerplunk or random songs their usually don't play)

15- Going to Pasalacqua (any from 1039 or random songs their usually don't play)

16- When I Come Around

17- Brain Stew

18- Jaded

19- Longview

20- Basket Case

21- She

22- Kinf For A Day 

23- X-kid 

24- Say Goodbye

25- Minority

26- American Idiot

27- Jesus of Suburbia

28- Wake Me Up When September Ends (or 21 Guns) 

29- Ordinary World

30- Good Riddance

51 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

17 hits, 3 new songs, 6 album tracks and a medley of covers.  

That's completely off. Both times I've seen them 7-8 songs off their new album (if you count the trilogy as one).

9 minutes ago, velvetgrass said:

That's completely off. Both times I've seen them 7-8 songs off their new album (if you count the trilogy as one).

I saw them in 21stCB Tour and they played 4 21stCB tracks, 10 American Idiot, 6 Dookie, 4 Nimrod, 4 Insomniac, 2 Kerplunk, 2 International Superhits, 1 Warning, 1 39/Smooth 

I think American Idiot is such a great opener. BIAB gives me chills

19 minutes ago, spark in the night said:

I think American Idiot is such a great opener. BIAB gives me chills

I prefer Welcome to Paradise or Going to Pasalacqua as opener, American Idiot+Jesus of Suburbia is perfect as encore

4 hours ago, Platypus2000 said:

Brutal Love needs to be dropped, the crowd just seem to die when that song's played

Ugh, that's so disappointing to hear. It's easily my favorite song off of the Trilogy for me, it's a shame it doesn't carry over well when played live.

4 hours ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

i'd prefer something more fun from the trilogy like "Let Yourself Go" 

I agree 100% ... This song is kick ass and fast like Bang Bang. I want a show thats gonna make me wanna punch a wall and cry at the same time. haha

obviously no opener is ever going to top song of the century/21st century breakdown which was flawless and perfect in every way but i can see bang bang being a really great opener too! 

i'm guessing they're going to ditch most of the trilogy songs, the only one they played at the house of blues show was 99 revs. i'd love for them to keep stay the night though. 

also i think it's time for st. jimmy to go. sorry! and know your enemy. maybe even jesus of suburbia and king for a day. 

i'm sure they're going to stick to mostly playing the hits, which is fine by me, they just have so many hits i wish they'd change it up a little :P 

11 hours ago, DoodleBob said:

I've never seen them live so I'm going to go ahead and be greedy and say that I hope they keep King For A Day/Shout just so I can finally experience it in person. :P 

I haven't seen them either but kfad just isn't what I find appealing about seeing Green Day live. They should at least make it shorter. I'm willing to compromise and say that I'd witness a 5 or even 7 minutes long kfad but I'm not very stoked about paying to watch them drag it for 15 minutes. 

10 hours ago, Platypus2000 said:

Incredibly hard to predict the setlist at this moment in time. A few more upbeat, fast paced trilogy songs need to be in there but Brutal Love needs to be dropped, the crowd just seem to die when that song's played. Really hope they chuck Homecoming in there when they come over here but I doubt it :/

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't care if the crowd dies! I'll enjoy the song as the only survivor. 

I really hope they keep (or bring some) fast trilogy songs. And seeing Homecoming live would make it perfect. 

Maybe they could condense a few songs into a medley? Like hits they can't really drop, like Basket Case/Longview/Hitchin A Ride, and WMUWSE (though I think they did mash this up with Good Riddance last tour?) Obviously it'd be great to hear every song in full, but if they condensed a few they could add a few more?

Way too early to predict the setlist but I really want them to bring Good Riddance back as the closer.

I liked hearing Brutal Love live but GR is just the perfect end to a Green Day concert. It officially closes the show :wub:

I still really wanna hear Fuck Time live, but other than that I'll be happy whatever they play :happy:

c'mon guys, we NEED to hear Dirty Rotten Bastards live (really, has everyone forgot the trilogy has some amazing songs in it?)

I'd die to hear both Waiting (for personal reasons) and DRB live.

12 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

As long as they do a 2 hour set of King for a Day, I will be happy.

So I'm not the only one who loves that performance :P

12 minutes ago, Wamasa said:

c'mon guys, we NEED to hear Dirty Rotten Bastards live (really, has everyone forgot the trilogy has some amazing songs in it?)

I'd die to hear both Waiting (for personal reasons) and DRB live.

I'd love to hear DRB live, I just don't think they're going to play a lot of Trilogy songs, maybe two or three max.

They played Waiting at one of the gigs I was at (how awful that I can't remember which one, lmao) and it was awesome. They might do that this tour and throw some rare songs in.

1 hour ago, Jenn123 said:

I'd love to hear DRB live, I just don't think they're going to play a lot of Trilogy songs, maybe two or three max.

They played Waiting at one of the gigs I was at (how awful that I can't remember which one, lmao) and it was awesome. They might do that this tour and throw some rare songs in.

I'm from Brazil so any setlist would be just awesome. kinda jealous how you can say "one of the gigs..." hahaha. yeah, waiting means much to me, would love it <3

Archived