25. American Idiot

26. Jesus Of Suburbia

27. When I Come Around

28. Ordinary World

29. Time Of Your Life

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they'll play anything from the trilogy except Brutal Love and 99 Revolutions. Maybe Stop When The Red Lights Flash. I think St Jimmy will also go in favour of Bang Bang.

This list needs more Trilogy songs. Nuclear Family, 99 revolutions, Stay The Night, Brutal Love just to name a few. Would be awesome if they added Dirty Rotten Bastards too.

4 minutes ago, Asik said:

Uhm I think there will be way more than 5 songs. at least 8 I believe. I do believe they will ditch know your enemy

I couldn't see them getting rid of Know Your Enemy, and they have 11 other albums to play songs from so id be surprised if they played more than 5 or 6 new ones.. Just my opinion though.

We'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 trilogy songs I think. I do hope they play like 7 new songs though.

American Idiot tour had 8 songs from American Idiot on the main setlist according to wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Idiot_World_Tour)

21st Century Breakdown tour had 9 songs from 21CB (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21st_Century_Breakdown_World_Tour)

99 Revolutions tour had 7 songs from the trilogy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99_Revolutions_Tour)

So I assume this one will have at least 7 new songs

I just hope they don't ignore the trilogy completely.. I could do without 99 revolutions, but not Oh Love lol

Well I guess we'll definitely hear Armatage Shanks, Scattered, Nuclear Family and Walking Contradiction in the near future, according to Billie Joe's recent instagram post :happy:

Remove JOS and you can play 3 better songs instead.

Walking Contradiction, Scattered, Armatage Shanks were all on that Billie post.

1 minute ago, Steven Seagull said:

Remove JOS and you can play 3 better songs instead.

Walking Contradiction, Scattered, Armatage Shanks were all on that Billie post.

I figured they were just playing those songs to warm up, but if Armatage Shanks ends up on the list, I'd be happy :) 

I will sell my kidney if they play Ha Ha You're Dead live. I know your wrist hurt like crazy during the verse but so what.

14 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

This list needs more Trilogy songs. Nuclear Family, 99 revolutions, Stay The Night, Brutal Love just to name a few. Would be awesome if they added Dirty Rotten Bastards too.

It's an prediction, not what is wanted to be heard. That means there won't be too much trilogy because it didn't do too well commercially.

Just now, Steven Seagull said:

I will sell my kidney if they play Ha Ha You're Dead live. I know your wrist hurt like crazy during the verse but so what.

It would kind of fit after Bang Bang lol 

Maybe the new setlist will be shorter this time to avoid burnout (no pun intended) . 30 song + setlist is alot of strain of Billie's voice if their doing a big tour. Their alot older now so might be wise to promote longevity :) 

Just now, ElectricBlue said:

Maybe the new setlist will be shorter this time to avoid burnout (no pun intended) . 30 song + setlist is alot of strain of Billie's voice if their doing a big tour. Their alot older now so might be wise to promote longevity :) 

I was thinking that too, but Billie doesn't seem to age lol. I'm sure the sets will still be 2 - 2.5 hours. I'd be surprised if we didn't see some signs of slowing down this tour though.

1 minute ago, Justin1 said:

I was thinking that too, but Billie doesn't seem to age lol. I'm sure the sets will still be 2 - 2.5 hours. I'd be surprised if we didn't see some signs of slowing down this tour though.

Yeah he looks about 20 haha

Oh love, stay the night and brutal love are amazing live songs, I really hope they'll keep them. Not a huge fan of KYE, I prefer to have back 21CB from that record. And I agree with @Steven Seagull, I would prefer to have 3 more songs instead of JoS. 

2 minutes ago, J a c said:

Oh love, stay the night and brutal love are amazing live songs, I really hope they'll keep them. Not a huge fan of KYE, I prefer to have back 21CB from that record. And I agree with @Steven Seagull, I would prefer to have 3 more songs instead of JoS. 

Yeah, I think Stay The Night should be on there, it's perfect before Holiday live. A lot of people love JOS and it usually gets the crowd going pretty good, I'm sure that's what they want. But yeah, it is 9 minutes haha.

I like Brutal Love, but it's kind of a sleeper live imo. 

7 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

A lot of people love JOS and it usually gets the crowd going pretty good, I'm sure that's what they want. But yeah, it is 9 minutes haha.

Yes, if I have to make a prediction I would say that they'll probably keep it.
But maybe that tracklist on IG was completely accurate and Forever Now is a kickass 7 minutes song that will finally give a well deserved retirement to JoS :P 

I think some songs from AI (St. Jimmy, JOS, American Idiot, Holiday) go well the ''atmosphere'' of the new album, so I believe they'll play them. I don't think they'll ignore the Trilogy: maybe they'll play at least 3 or 5 trilogy songs.... And something from 21CB ,Dookie and Nimrod as showed on the setlist they posted. There was also the word ''Armatage'' written on it: might that mean they'll play Armitage Shanks?? Who knows, maybe they'll make us a gift and play something from Kerplunk too :P Oh, and King for a Day it's one their classics, along with Time of your life so I'm pretty sure they'll keep them.

I really wish they would include Are We the Waiting as well as St Jimmy, it sounded amazing in BIAB 

I think they are going to keep JOS mainly because that is now the only interactive song they have since they've seemed to do away with Are We the Waiting (to my personal dismay).

Unless, of course they either keep up the interactivity of Longview or they designate a song on this record to heavily involve the fans.

17 minutes ago, J a c said:

Yes, if I have to make a prediction I would say that they'll probably keep it.
But maybe that tracklist on IG was completely accurate and Forever Now is a kickass 7 minutes song that will finally give a well deserved retirement to JoS :P 

Yeah, I was hoping for another suite on this album too :) JOS is definitely their most epic in terms of a rock song and I'm sure they'll always play it, but DRB is pretty ridiculous in terms of skill and originality.. I hope they through it on one setlist for the hardcore fans

Archived