Revolution Radio Promotion and Commercial Performance

Dakke

1 minute ago, pisquano said:

The problem is the song is not getting any airplay, since it's not included in the most popular radio's playlists. I remember Oh Love got way more attention. Same situation all over Europe though.

I think it's too soon to evaluate the song's performance. Personally, during the last week, almost every time I listened to Virgin Radio I heard the song. Of course for many pop stations Bang Bang could be less radio friendly than Oh Love, but a music video and a stronger promotion can overturn the situation. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not getting much play on the BBC stations in the UK. I'm semi-obsessively checking the artist page here and Bang Bang hasn't been play at all in the last 4 days.

Although Best Thing In Town was randomly played on local radio last Friday night (I'm guessing there was a 'Best' theme). 

So you guys think Green Day will do a perfomance at the VMA's? Maybe a suprise perfomance of Bang Bang?

45 minutes ago, Joe K said:

So you guys think Green Day will do a perfomance at the VMA's? Maybe a suprise perfomance of Bang Bang?

I don't know, if I have to guess I say no. I feel like they aren't exactly in an honeymoon with MTV, they still have to publish the first music video, we could say that the promotion still has to start and honestly I don't see them lunching it at the VMA. But maybe I'm completely wrong, who knows. 

They ALWAYS play at the VMAs, and it would be disappointing if they didn't this time.

11 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

They ALWAYS play at the VMAs, and it would be disappointing if they didn't this time.

They played the last VMAs?

Just now, Eric said:

They played the last VMAs?

I mean when they have albums coming out or when they are touring.

I'm so used to them playing the VMAs when they're promoting an album that in one way, it would feel weird for them not to. At the same time, the VMAs become less and less their scene with each passing year. They'd feel out of place.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 6:38 AM, pisquano said:
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 6:38 AM, pisquano said:

The problem is the song is not getting any airplay, since it's not included in the most popular radio's playlists. I remember Oh Love got way more attention. Same situation all over Europe though.

To me, Bang Bang has no chances of topping Active rock charts mainly because of the new Metallica single, whose rise is incredible. Let's see what it will do on Alternative, but BB is a bit off-genre compared to the other hits on there. Oh Love did also get some airplay from Hot AC and Top 40 stations, being "softer" and BB won't (no adds at the moment and I doubt Warner is going to send the song to those formats). 

After this apocalyptic analysis :lol:, I'd say it may make the Hot 100, but definitely at the bottom of the chart (80-100). 

To me, Bang Bang has no chances of topping Active rock charts mainly because of the new Metallica single, whose rise is incredible. Let's see what it will do on Alternative, but BB is a bit off-genre compared to the other hits on there. Oh Love did also get some airplay from Hot AC and Top 40 stations, being "softer" and BB won't (no adds at the moment and I doubt Warner is going to send the song to those formats). 

After this apocalyptic analysis :lol:, I'd say it may make the Hot 100, but definitely at the bottom of the chart (80-100). 

I've never cared about the charts, and I think this is evidence as to why. I'm a Metallica fan going on three decades at this point, they've always been in my top five and my have ultimately been my favorite if this band called Green Day had never come along. With that said, I can't listen to Hardwired next the BB back to back...BB is so infinitely superior in so many ways. Hardwired is Metallica's KYE- derivative, repetitive, trying too hard and forced, etc. I'd even say that KYE is a far more listenable song than Hardwired, and I think KYE was a 4/10 effort for a top band like GD.  Meanwhile, BB is a super interesting song and a rock out classic. No matter what Hardwired does on the charts, I know how I'll feel about this matchup at the end of the day- BB in a landslide.

I can't believe Metallica is still so popular. They're new song has 8mill youtube views already.

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

I can't believe Metallica is still so popular. They're new song has 8mill youtube views already.

You'd be surprised. If Bang Bang was actually uploaded on youtube WHEN IT WAS RELEASED it would way WAY more views, not 1-2 days late. RHCP's Dark Necessities hit 28.6 million views and has been out since mid June.

I don't know when the VMA's are on but fuck em...   you'll see a lot of pop music and a lot of chicks asses and boobies and hear a lot of lip syncing so I hope they don't play their unless it's, well, I guess, their one explicit song, and hear a lot of run on sentences that kendall or kylie jenner can't read cuz the teleprompter runs to fast for them.  Valtrex.   I think they are going to play Howard Stern, for they can swear on satellite and not too much.  They have done well keeping the female audience wet with anticipation and the male audience Longviewing it until Bang Bang.  They will keep us all in suspense.  Also looking forward to the new NOFX album.   6 years on dope is amazing!  Viva la cerveza!

1 hour ago, tresexy101 said:

They have done well keeping the female audience wet with anticipation and the male audience Longviewing it until Bang Bang. 

oh

I wasn't sure where to put this, but I'm surprised by how many Twitter followers Green Day have compared to other bands. More than Metallica, more than Blink, more than the Chilis, more than the Foos. And even more than Kesha! In hindsight, the iHeart twitter Q&A seems like a terrible idea now when they have so many followers on their own account :lol: hopefully they can use Twitter for promotion in a better way at some point, like they did with the lyric video on Facebook. 

Edit: @thatdude03, I was looking for a list of the top followed rock bands on twitter but couldn't find one. Maybe you'd be up for making one? :P 

I want the new album and singles to do well enough so that they can put on a long sustained tour...but not do so massively well that we longtime fans have a hard time getting good tickets. Does that make sense? It's a little selfish, but for the longtime fan it would be great to have them touring for a long time without fighting new fans to be up close. AI was tough since everyone wanted to see them. The Trilogy was tough since obviously it wasn't a very substantial tour. I would be very happy with 21CB type of success.

My favorite touring memories were during the Nimrod tour when they were playing midsized clubs. Won't ever happened again, but it was absolutely awesome.

They finally started playing the single on ONE music station near me!! Very exciting.

Also, I'm glad that they continue to release vinyl.
My bf and I buy each other records, because when he asked me out, he gave me a pink UNO vinyl (and then the other two) and it has been a tradition since. :D

BUTTT I'm most excited for the art book!!! I remember getting the 21stCB regular CD and then it took almost a year to find the art book on ebay. So I really hope that I can get it without a pre-order.

I've heard Bang Bang on my local station at least 4-5 times now. It's a smaller time station in northern MN but usually they just play your everyday rock station music so I find that really cool.

On spoitfy bang bang 3814311 plays, and it's there 2nd song on there now. According to my maths, if each time it gets played it gets $0.006 cents then the song has made green day $22,885.86 from spoitfy 

22 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

On spoitfy bang bang 3814311 plays, and it's there 2nd song on there now. According to my maths, if each time it gets played it gets $0.006 cents then the song has made green day $22,885.86 from spoitfy 

What do you mean it's their 2nd song on there?

20 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

21 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

On the list of most popular songs for green dae, like trending for them. 

I think it's worth mentioning that in just two weeks, Bang Bang has not only caught up and surpassed the amount of current youtube views for The Offspring - Coming for you (released more than a year ago) but it has also caught up and surpassed Sum 41's newest song too released a couple of months ago. It hasn't quite caught up to Bored to Death yet (which was also released a couple of months ago and currently has 6 million views) but if this progress continues it shouldn't be long before it's overtaken that too.

The success of the album is looking promising and this is going only off the popularity of it's first single. We still have over a month to wait for release but by then, I'm pretty sure Bang Bang will have grown to be the most popular of the recent punk songs released this year.

What day does billboard hot rock songs chart updates? I'm curious if they've gone up or down from last week's #8

Just now, kripack said:

What day does billboard hot rock songs chart updates? I'm curious if they've gone up or down from last week's #8

They will change it later today

Seems a bit weird, Green Day hasn't yet perform Bang Bang live on any TV show... and promotion works only for some magazines interviews

Archived