Revolution Radio Promotion and Commercial Performance

Dakke

16 hours ago, Montclare said:

Since they taped it for both Colbert and Kimmel, I wonder if/when it'll air.  Part of the problem with Still Breathing was that they started promoting it too late, partially because they were overseas like they are now.  You figure both shows could air the pre-taped performances; the band wouldn't even have to come back to do anything.

you forgot they played on James Corden too..S.Breathing.

I wish the boys should take break from touring for few weeks, to promoted R.R and then resumed with their tour.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/6/2017 at 8:21 PM, MysticManiac said:

Revolution Radio Chart Positions This Week

Canada Rock - #18 (Same as last week)
US Rock Airplay - #35 from #36 last week
US Alternative - #37 from #38 last week
US Mainstream - #13 from #16 last week

So other than on the Mainstream chart, RevRad hasn't made much progress this week in the charts. Hopefully the band will do some promotion to help the single chart higher soon. I honestly would have hoped that the video did more for the single but it hasn't appeared to do a whole lot yet. The track still has not charted on the US Hot Rock Songs yet

I honestly doubt it will do anything on Alternative. Few stations have added the song, the result is that it's staying afloat. Plus, there are many new releases by other important Alt acts in this period: RR is kinda eclipsed, so if it goes top 30 we should treat is as a success. It's just the wrong choice for a single at this point!

If some of you are interested in RevRad (estimated) sales: 225k in the US, 93k in the UK.

4 minutes ago, pisquano said:

I honestly doubt it will do anything on Alternative. Few stations have added the song, the result is that it's staying afloat. Plus, there are many new releases by other important Alt acts in this period: RR is kinda eclipsed, so if it goes top 30 we should treat is as a success. It's just the wrong choice for a single at this point!

If some of you are interested in RevRad (estimated) sales: 225k in the US, 93k in the UK.

I'd be disappointed with anything outside of the top 10 on the Alternative chart, considering BB and SB reached No. 1 and stayed in the top 10 for quite a while. Even if there are quite a lot of new releases, I'd still expect any new GD singles to do decently on any radio airplay based charts. I feel like BB was a single that did really well but wasn't around for too long, but SB took quite a long time to reach its positions on the charts and stayed there for a while. I don't think RevRad is going to have the impact of Bang Bang or the staying power of Still Breathing on the charts but I'd be hopeful that it at least has some impact. 

I'm actually disappointed with those sales too. I would've hoped that they sold more at this point, hopefully the actual sales are somewhat higher than these estimations

Canada Rock - #16 from #18 last week
US Rock Airplay - #33 from #35
US Alternative - #38 from #37 last week
US Mainstream - #11 from #13 last week

So RevRad has made some progress although it has fallen one position on the Alternative chart. Hopefully it won't fall again next week.

am i the only one who feels like bang bang is like a "summer song"? like in august when it released i was vibing with it a lot more than in the past few months, and now that it's warmer again the same feeling from last summer is back. i genuinely feel like too dumb to die gives off that same effect, and could do well on the radio. the only problem people seem to really have with that song is the "cheesy" lyrics, though i don't think they're an issue.

18 hours ago, imXieli said:

am i the only one who feels like bang bang is like a "summer song"? like in august when it released i was vibing with it a lot more than in the past few months, and now that it's warmer again the same feeling from last summer is back. i genuinely feel like too dumb to die gives off that same effect, and could do well on the radio. the only problem people seem to really have with that song is the "cheesy" lyrics, though i don't think they're an issue.

All music sounds better in the summer.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

All music sounds better in the summer.

Try listening to Brand New while you're on the beach then.

20 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Canada Rock - #16 from #18 last week
US Rock Airplay - #33 from #35
US Alternative - #38 from #37 last week
US Mainstream - #11 from #13 last week

So RevRad has made some progress although it has fallen one position on the Alternative chart. Hopefully it won't fall again next week.

sorry,to said the recent chart is little downward...

i wish the boys can stop doing festival and come back and do some promoted more.

Don't mind me, I am in it is my boring-depressing mood.

What I'm wondering is when I'm going to hear Revolution Radio (the song) on my local alternative station? They played Bang Bang and Still Breathing a lot. But I have yet to hear RevRad once. It needs more airplay. I'd like to see it at least crack the top ten.

And we're still in the festival run, and we still haven't got any PRO shot official footage from one of the shows... Extremely dissapointing. Just whyyyyy are they using their social channels so little??? 

Has anyone heard RevRad yet on either their local or satellite station?

Unfortunately, the radio stations in Germany rarely ever play the singles from RevRad. I heard Revolution Radio once and I think some stations played Still Breathing a couple of times, but that's it. If they play songs from Green Day, they usually play Boulevard or Wake me up when September ends (that beeing said, I have to admit that I don't listen to the radio that often). I'm sure it's different in the states though. But I'm sure that a little bit more promotion would be good for the album. As far as I can remember, we got footage of at least two festival shows in Europe in 2013 (Rock am Ring and Reading). The people I know almost expect to see the concerts of the festival-headliners on TV or in a stream. For example, when Rammstein refused to show their Rock am Ring-show on the live stream (I know it was cancelled, but I mean the reactions before), some people were seriously angry. I know that GD don't HAVE to Do it but it would certainly be beneficial for the commercial performance of RevRad. 

I've heard Still Breathing quite a lot on German radio.

One thing that out of some reason never came up throughout the discussion about Rev Rad's commercial performance: WE, the fans, are vital to how the songs are performing on radio! Don't complain about the songs not being played at your local stations if you haven't requested the song(s) there yet. 

If you don't know how to do it, google "request songs on the radio" and Google will provide you with many stations' websites e.g. KROQ, KiSS Radio, BBC, etc. where you can request your song. 

I think it's pretty sad that Green Day don't have a street team who can help push the singles some more. I'm doing this with Linkin Park and it does help. 

It's funny because I just checked the website of my local station to see how to make requests and it has a live list of recently played songs and second from the top is WMUWSE. 

You're right we should be calling stations to help RevRad. They play Still Breathing a lot I'd like to hear RevRad at least once.

I think the ''promo team'' at GD is ALIVE ;) Because i do think they recently removed the Still Breathing ''campaign'' from their website. 

56 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

I think the ''promo team'' at GD is ALIVE ;) Because i do think they recently removed the Still Breathing ''campaign'' from their website. 

They did! Thank god, that was so annoying :thumbsdown:

1 hour ago, melissi_unicorn said:

They did! Thank god, that was so annoying :thumbsdown:

I think the whole idea was okay, but just no one seemed to publish anything so it was a letdown. 

So we're close to the end of the festival run, but so far we have got so little pro footage that it's just so... so dissapointing!! And i don't think we'll get anything too at least not this tour because GD promo team + Warner =   :(:(:( 

Have everyone forget the picture of BJ in Australia holding a Fender Tele in a studio? The picture title said: Recording Green Day. New album .. ??? 

31 minutes ago, Jonas01 said:

Have everyone forget the picture of BJ in Australia holding a Fender Tele in a studio? The picture title said: Recording Green Day. New album .. ??? 

The consensus was he was probably recording demos of things he was writing on the road which is not uncommon. 

Green Day's promotion team has (partially) awoken :D 

Yes, it's beautiful listening to the crowd singing Bohemian Rhapsody but we want GD! If I had to give GDs promotional team a school report rating for their promotion during the Rev Rad era I'd give them a E so far. 

Is it on Facebook? Cause nobody will find out about this video if they don't post it on Facebook :D

1 hour ago, MilleniumFan said:

Green Day's promotion team has (partially) awoken :D 

Of course we want GREEN DAY, but this video still gives me goosebumps. Such good memories to this song. 

Archived