Artist/Event- Green Day, Against Me

Venue- BOK Center

City/State- Tulsa, OK

Event Dates- March 7, 2017

Gross Sales- $519,083

Attend/ Capacity- 9,157/11,604

Shows/Sellouts- 1/0

Prices- $67.50, $47.50, $32.50, $27.50

I hope you didn't get this from Billboard or even a site that probably got it from Billboard. If that's the case I'll bet that it's not even close to accurate. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it might be a while yet, but I can't wait for the next single to drop!  There's been a lull in all the excitement of the Rev Rad Era, and I know it's due to touring, which means it's not a lull at all, but them raking in the cash.   

I get it.  I'm just bored with the board and tired of checking all the time to see if a video or single has materialized.  I finally got tired of listening to the album after about 6 months of it being the ONLY cd in my car, haha!  

I'm more than satisfied with the album.  How it's sold, all that.  

Right now though, I'm bored.  I couldn't attend the Georgia show, but I'm planning on seeing a September show instead.   Yup.   Bored.  

New tour stat (yes, from Billboard; only place I've been able to find it)-

Rank- 97

Venue- Infinite Energy Center

City/State- Duluth, GA

Event Dates- March 10, 2017

Gross Sales- $601,242

Attend/ Capacity- 10,336/10.336

Shows/Sellouts- 1/1

Prices- $59.50, $49.50

7 minutes ago, Montclare said:

New tour stat (yes, from Billboard; only place I've been able to find it)-

Rank- 97

Venue- Infinite Energy Center

City/State- Duluth, GA

Event Dates- March 10, 2017

Gross Sales- $601,242

Attend/ Capacity- 10,336/10.336

Shows/Sellouts- 1/1

Prices- $59.50, $49.50

I wish I could like this more than once! Kind of unbelievable that the attendance and capacity were exactly the same. I mean no one with tickets didn't show up? I was there though, and the joint was rocking!

33 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

I wish I could like this more than once! Kind of unbelievable that the attendance and capacity were exactly the same. I mean no one with tickets didn't show up? I was there though, and the joint was rocking!

My guess is that the venue holds 10,336 and that's how many tickets were sold.  It's possible that not everyone with a ticket showed up, but they would have missed out!

Just glanced over at the hot rock chart- Still Breathing is now at #11.  I believe the highest it had been previously was 12.

10 hours ago, Montclare said:

Just glanced over at the hot rock chart- Still Breathing is now at #11.  I believe the highest it had been previously was 12.

I honestly didn't think it would ever get higher than 12 since it's been around No. 12-14 for ages.

4 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

I honestly didn't think it would ever get higher than 12 since it's been around No. 12-14 for ages.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.  We'll see next week if playing it on The Late Show did anything.

On another note, it seems to me there is not going to be another music video for the album. Or maybe they are planning to do 3 instead of 4 and are stretching the release of the 3rd single

Just a thought, but I wonder if they might be waiting to release Rev Radio single and video in conjunction with the East Bay punk documentary? The song I think is a reference to that movement, and there was speculation when the guys were all posting pics from Gilman that they had filmed the video there (Billie had on makeup in his selfie, all 3 were obviously there at the same time, etc)

8 hours ago, neverdone2000 said:

Just a thought, but I wonder if they might be waiting to release Rev Radio single and video in conjunction with the East Bay punk documentary? The song I think is a reference to that movement, and there was speculation when the guys were all posting pics from Gilman that they had filmed the video there (Billie had on makeup in his selfie, all 3 were obviously there at the same time, etc)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if your theory is right. Would be pretty cool, actually. :)

I'm sure I read here in OZ it was the second single but then nothing happened until SB .  

Hi all, time for updates. :)

Let's start from the charts: this week has seen the dramatic drop of Still Breathing off the charts. The song is not on the Hot Rock, Mainstream Rock and Adult Alternative lists anymore. Also, talking about Rock Airplay, the song is now #2 after 13 weeks (an entire season) at the top, surpassed by Believer (Imagine Dragons). Numbers says that SB has been the most successful Green Day single in terms of Rock charts: in fact, it is the only song who spent one week at the top of Alternative Rock, Mainstream Rock and Rock Airplay simultaneously. A "Revolution Radio", but a serious lack of download and streaming.

Charts for the week of April 15th 2017:

• #2 - Rock Airplay;
  • #2 - Canada Rock;
  • #7 - Alternative Rock.

I tracked views of the latest GD music and lyric videos (from 03/20 to 04/03, two weeks). I'm reporting the average number of views per week of each video. I thought it would have been useful to compare them. Here it is:

• 200k views/week - Still Breathing (Music Video);
  • 190k views/week - Still Breathing (Lyric Video);
  • 150k views/week - Bang Bang (Lyric Video);
  • 120k views/week - Revolution Radio;
  • 110k views/week - Troubled Times;
  • 80k views/week - Say Goodbye;
  • 50k views/week - Ordinary World;
  • 40k views/week - Youngblood;
  • 40k views/week - Bang Bang (Music Video).

From what emerges, we can gather that lyric videos are overall more seen than music videos (except for the SB one, who's having a lot of promotion these days). Just look at the gap between the Lyric and the Music video for BB. The latter, not only is the least liked video of this era, but it looks like it's also the least successful music video of the whole GD career. Revolution Radio is getting lots of views, along with Troubled Times. Two songs with a good "single potential".

Views update:

• 13.66M - Bang Bang (L);
  • 11.41M - Still Breathing (L);
  • 8.07M - Revolution Radio; 
  • 7.48M - Still Breathing (M);
  • 4.35M - Say Goodbye;
  • 3.79M - Bang Bang (M);
  • 3.72M - Troubled Times;
  • 3.14M - Youngbloog;
  • 2.81M - Ordinary World.

Combined views for singles:

• 18.89M - Still Breathing;
  • 17.45M - Bang Bang.

The figures for SB are just the 3% of the number of views for Shape Of You (Ed Sheeran). This is incredibly unfair. :lol:

I also found this. It's an update for GD albums' worldwide sales. Here are the interesting comparisons: RevRad has sold 700k copies so far. Uno is at 1.05M copies sold. This means that RevRad, with the support of the world tour, is going to surpass it soon or late. 39/smooth, Dos and Trè are already behind it. See the link for details.

That's all. 

I think GD should release their next single as soon as they finish with the 4th leg of the tour (between 9th and 29th of April). We need excitement, don't we? :dance:

6 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

Let's start from the charts: this week has seen the dramatic drop of Still Breathing off the charts. The song is not on the Hot Rock, Mainstream Rock and Adult Alternative lists anymore. Also, talking about Rock Airplay, the song is now #2 after 13 weeks (an entire season) at the top, surpassed by Believer (Imagine Dragons). Numbers says that SB has been the most successful Green Day single in terms of Rock charts: in fact, it is the only song who spent one week at the top of Alternative Rock, Mainstream Rock and Rock Airplay simultaneously. A "Revolution Radio", but a serious lack of download and streaming.

• #2 - Rock Airplay;
  • #2 - Canada Rock;
  • #7 - Alternative Rock.

I tracked views of the latest GD music and lyric videos (from 03/20 to 04/03, two weeks). I'm reporting the average number of views per week of each video. I thought it would have been useful to compare them. Here it is:

From what emerges, we can gather that lyric videos are overall more seen than music videos (except for the SB one, who's having a lot of promotion these days). Just look at the gap between the Lyric and the Music video for BB. The latter, not only is the least liked video of this era, but it looks like it's also the least successful music video of the whole GD career. Revolution Radio is getting lots of views, along with Troubled Times. Two songs with a good "single potential".

Views update:

• 4.35M - Say Goodbye;
  • 3.79M - Bang Bang (M);
  • 3.14M - Youngbloog;

• 17.45M - Bang Bang.

The figures for SB are just the 3% of the number of views for Shape Of You (Ed Sheeran). This is incredibly unfair. :lol:

I also found this. It's an update for GD albums' worldwide sales. Here are the interesting comparisons: RevRad has sold 700k copies so far. Uno is at 1.05M copies sold. This means that RevRad, with the support of the world tour, is going to surpass it soon or late. 39/smooth, Dos and Trè are already behind it. See the link for details.

That's all. 

I think GD should release their next single as soon as they finish with the 4th leg of the tour (between 9th and 29th of April). We need excitement, don't we? :dance:

Wow... Just wow :lol:

I noticed a while ago that the music video for BB was gaining views at a seriously slow rate compared to the other videos. I found that link as well about the album sales. It is interesting. I was interested to see the album sales of other albums like 21CB and Warning which I believe should have sold more than they did.

I think the next single should be released soon because Still Breathing has done everything it can at this point and I'd like to see another single maybe do something more for Green Day and the new album. I'd prefer TT to RR as a single but honestly, as long as it's not OW, I'll be happy. It very well could be OW though since Billie has played it a couple times on promotional appearances.

Wow, I had to read End of the Worlds post about 3 times as there's so much to take in! I agree that a new single should come out soon, and it's most likely to be Rev Rad. 

With regard to the overall sales of Rev Rad, the sales are lower than what I expected, but the world tour will help to increase sales of the album. My only criticism is that in the UK they seem to have relied on Kerrang doing most of the album promotion. However, the one time that they have appeared on UK tv - the EMAs were screened on prime time tv - the album climbed up the charts. I think they could've done a prime time chat show I.e either the Jonathan Ross show or the Graham Norton show, just to give the album a bit more exposure here. 

Thanks so much for collecting all this information! I'm not surprised the lyric videos are doing so well as I think they are extremely good and have their own message. They almost work like "real" videos. 

As to comparing the views to other artists, please note that YT views rarely show how popular a track really is since those views are mostly generated by seeding. I work in advertising and we've talked to "seeding agencies" who do this professionally for brands (and yes, all brands do this nowadays).  The views you see on YouTube only show how much budget was spent on seeding. GD don't seem to care much on extensive promotion especially in comparison to mainstream artists so that kinda fits. 

32 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

• #2 - Rock Airplay;
  • #2 - Canada Rock;
  • #7 - Alternative Rock.

Views update:

• 4.35M - Say Goodbye;
  • 3.79M - Bang Bang (M);
  • 3.14M - Youngbloog;

• 17.45M - Bang Bang.

That's all. 

You are the best.  :wub:

18 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

You are the best.  :wub:

Thank you! :happyhands:

32 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

Wow, I had to read End of the Worlds post about 3 times as there's so much to take in! I agree that a new single should come out soon, and it's most likely to be Rev Rad. 

With regard to the overall sales of Rev Rad, the sales are lower than what I expected, but the world tour will help to increase sales of the album. My only criticism is that in the UK they seem to have relied on Kerrang doing most of the album promotion. However, the one time that they have appeared on UK tv - the EMAs were screened on prime time tv - the album climbed up the charts. I think they could've done a prime time chat show I.e either the Jonathan Ross show or the Graham Norton show, just to give the album a bit more exposure here. 

I'm hoping that when the are back in the U.K. In July there will be more exposure.  They were on the radio quite a lot - and even the news- in November but not a all in February but the Hyde Park thing is quite a big deal it would appear so keeping my fingers crossed.  

16 minutes ago, jengd said:

I'm hoping that when the are back in the U.K. In July there will be more exposure.  They were on the radio quite a lot - and even the news- in November but not a all in February but the Hyde Park thing is quite a big deal it would appear so keeping my fingers crossed.  

That would make sense. I think at the moment they are just promoting in the US, though I must say that I didn't notice much EU promotion when they toured here with RevRad. 

6 hours ago, End Of The World said:

• #2 - Rock Airplay;
  • #2 - Canada Rock;
  • #7 - Alternative Rock.

Views update:

• 4.35M - Say Goodbye;
  • 3.79M - Bang Bang (M);
  • 3.14M - Youngbloog;

• 17.45M - Bang Bang.

That's all. 

in english?..I can't understand this at all.

wait minute Still B is A Rock song?..

Off-topic. Who is Ed Sheeran?..and why he is better then SB..or GD for that matter..

Couple tour stat updates-

Rank- 28

Venue- Bell Centre

City/State- Montreal, Canada

Event Dates- March 22, 2017

Gross Sales- $692,556

Attend/ Capacity- 14,245/14,245

Shows/Sellouts- 1/1

Prices- $59.62, $29.62

Rank- 30