#1 Mainstream Rock (it's official);

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-mainstream-rock-tracks

#1 Alternative Rock;

#1 Rock Airplay;

#2 Canada Rock;

#13 Hot Rock;

#19 Adult Alternative.

That's great!

Another number 1 for SB. Woo! Regarding the Hot Rock chart, I think the only way they might get higher than it's current peak position (No. 12) is if they release the CD soon

Both RevRad singles have gotten 3 US number 1s now. Hopefully the next single will be able to do the same

2 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Another number 1 for SB. Woo! Regarding the Hot Rock chart, I think the only way they might get higher than it's current peak position (No. 12) is if they release the CD soon

Both RevRad singles have gotten 3 US number 1s now. Hopefully the next single will be able to do the same

I have no idea who the fuck is John Mayer but he got 3(!!!) new songs in the Hor Rock chart being 8, 10, 12 and one at 7 climbing from 14. http://www.billboard.com/charts/rock-songs

So it's basically 4 new songs of one guy in the same time, else SB would be 9th. Pity.

8 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

I have no idea who the fuck is John Mayer but he got 3(!!!) new songs in the Hor Rock chart being 8, 10, 12 and one at 7 climbing from 14. http://www.billboard.com/charts/rock-songs

So it's basically 4 new songs of one guy in the same time, else SB would be 9th. Pity.

You don't know who John Mayer is???  He has been around for decades and is one of the best guitarists around.  

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

You don't know who John Mayer is???  He has been around for decades and is one of the best guitarists around.  

Wow, that's great! Sorry for my ignorance. Then it is strange that I have never heard of the guy, his skills are really impressing.

7 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

Wow, that's great! Sorry for my ignorance. Then it is strange that I have never heard of the guy, his skills are really impressing.

I am very surprised you have never heard of him.  He is an amazing guitarist but he started out more of a pop artist.  He has sold millions of records and has had a ton of hits.  He really considers himself more of a jazz artist now.  He is amazingly talented.  And actually is from where I live.  Unfortunately, I have never met him.

This song is one of his biggest hits.

And if that doesn't impress you, he used to date Katy Perry

7 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I am very surprised you have never heard of him.  He is an amazing guitarist but he started out more of a pop artist.  He has sold millions of records and has had a ton of hits.  He really considers himself more of a jazz artist now.  He is amazingly talented.  And actually is from where I live.  Unfortunately, I have never met him.

This song is one of his biggest hits.

And if that doesn't impress you, he used to date Katy Perry

I really enjoyed that concert guitar solo you posted but listened to this song and some others of his and it's not really my piece of cake. Should probably listen to some albums to judge but what I heard is quite generic for the guy with such talent.

3 minutes ago, Nowhere Man said:

I really enjoyed that concert guitar solo you posted but listened to this song and some others of his and it's not really my piece of cake. Should probably listen to some albums to judge but what I heard is quite generic for the guy with such talent.

I agree to an extent.  He started out as a pop star.  so many of the songs you see are more poppish.  However, he considers himself more of a jazz artist and alot of his later stuff is more jazz than pop.  I was just surprised you had never heard of him, he was super popular at one point.      

1 minute ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I agree to an extent.  He started out as a pop star.  so many of the songs you see are more poppish.  However, he considers himself more of a jazz artist and alot of his later stuff is more jazz than pop.  I was just surprised you had never heard of him, he was super popular at one point.      

Thank you, I will try to find some of his more jazz material :)

1 hour ago, Nowhere Man said:

The same thing happened with GD. They had BB, SB and RR on the same chart on the same week after the album release. SB and RR fell out the next week I think. So the same thing might happen to these songs.

Bang Bang - 15.7 million (12.3m views on lyric video, 3.4m views on music video)

Still Breathing - 15.4 million (9.7 lyric video, 5.7m music video)

Revolution Radio lyric video - 6.9 million

Say Goodbye lyric video - 3.57 million

Youngblood - 2.77 million

Troubled Times - 2.36 million

Ordinary World - 2.35 million

Still Breathing has almost caught up with BB in terms of views. However BB has much more views on live performances than SB. Troubled Times already has more views than OW despite being released much more recently

Still Breathing Chart Positions

Canada Rock - No. 1 (From No. 2 last week)

Mainstream - No. 2 (From No. 1 last week)

Rock Airplay - No. 1 (Same as last week)

Alternative - No. 1 (Same as last week)

Adult Alternative - No. 17 (From No. 19 last week)

Hot Rock Songs - No. 12 (From No. 13 last week)

According to the Mid week update the album has re entered the UK chart at 83 this week, having previously dropped off altogether (though if only counting sales and not streaming, it's remained in the top 100 since release)

This is based on figures from Friday to Monday so I expect will have climbed higher by the time the Official Charts are announced on Friday as it's currently sitting at 48 on iTunes and number 30 on Amazon, with the London show still to go.

Also, if that previous post is anything to go by, supposedly Still Breathing is being released to UK radio on 10th Feb.

56 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Still Breathing Chart Positions

Canada Rock - No. 1 (From No. 2 last week)

Mainstream - No. 2 (From No. 1 last week)

Rock Airplay - No. 1 (Same as last week)

Alternative - No. 1 (Same as last week)

Adult Alternative - No. 17 (From No. 19 last week)

Hot Rock Songs - No. 12 (From No. 13 last week)

SB has the potential to stay #1 on the Alternative chart for another week:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/mediabase_chart_details&fmt=R3

Fucking happy for the #1 on Canada Rock! :happy:

So, the song topped:

- Canada Rock

- US Alternative Rock

- US Mainstream Rock

- US Rock Airplay

I dare ANYONE to still call it a "failure".

4 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

SB has the potential to stay #1 on the Alternative chart for another week:

Fucking happy for the #1 on Canada Rock! :happy:

So, the song topped:

- Canada Rock

- US Alternative Rock

- US Mainstream Rock

- US Rock Airplay

I dare ANYONE to still call it a "failure".

Yeah. It's definetely been a success in terms of rock charts. SB still hasn't charted on Hot 100 or Bubbling Under chart

I didn't think it would reach No. 1 on Canada Rock because it dropped to No. 3 at one point

It only spent 1 week on the Mainstream rock chart but at least it reached No. 1

13 minutes ago, tomdsjames said:

According to the Mid week update the album has re entered the UK chart at 83 this week, having previously dropped off altogether (though if only counting sales and not streaming, it's remained in the top 100 since release)

This is based on figures from Friday to Monday so I expect will have climbed higher by the time the Official Charts are announced on Friday as it's currently sitting at 48 on iTunes and number 30 on Amazon, with the London show still to go.

Also, if that previous post is anything to go by, supposedly Still Breathing is being released to UK radio on 10th Feb.

That's good news. I didn't realise SB hadn't been released to U.K radio yet. If so, then it might actually reach No. 1 on the UK Rock Chart

8 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Yeah. It's definetely been a success in terms of rock charts. SB still hasn't charted on Hot 100 or Bubbling Under chart

I didn't think it would reach No. 1 on Canada Rock because it dropped to No. 3 at one point

It only spent 1 week on the Mainstream rock chart but at least it reached No. 1

That's good news. I didn't realise SB hadn't been released to U.K radio yet. If so, then it might actually reach No. 1 on the UK Rock Chart

It's been played on the UK radio before but so have most of the other tracks from the album.  It's not like an official radio single.  Some promo CDs have leaked of Still Breathing with 10th Feb release date on them so I think that's when it's 'officially' released to the UK radio, and hopefully added to the playlists to get some rotation.

Btw, RR has re-entered the Billboard 200 at No. 133 after not charting last week, and at No. 49 on the Top Album Sales chart after charting at No. 87 last week.

14 minutes ago, tomdsjames said:

It's been played on the UK radio before but so have most of the other tracks from the album.  It's not like an official radio single.  Some promo CDs have leaked of Still Breathing with 10th Feb release date on them so I think that's when it's 'officially' released to the UK radio, and hopefully added to the playlists to get some rotation.

I see. Well, hopefully the CD can do more for SB in the US, UK and other countries when it's released. I was wondering why SB debuted at No. 2 on the UK Rock Chart and then fell off the chart almost immediately after

I am really pleased to hear the album seems to be doing quite well. There seems to be next to nothing in terms of promotion here but that's not entirely surprising since I live on an island in Australia where most people seem to be into electronic music.

5 hours ago, Tinkle said:

If I ever listen to the radio I hear SB not sure if they still play bang bang - I hope they do. 

I had actually gotten so sick of Bang Bang that I was almost at the point of saying I don't like it.  Now, since it is not playing that much on the radio anymore, when I do hear it, I"m happy.  At least here, it was overplayed.  With SB, I'm still thrilled to death to hear it, even though it is played alot.   

21 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I had actually gotten so sick of Bang Bang that I was almost at the point of saying I don't like it.  Now, since it is not playing that much on the radio anymore, when I do hear it, I"m happy.  At least here, it was overplayed.  With SB, I'm still thrilled to death to hear it, even though it is played alot.   

I haven't heard it on the radio but I felt the same way about GD always performing it live instead of any other new songs. They were constantly playing just Bang Bang which was fine at first but then I was thinking "Maybe they should start promoting SB now" and they just kept on performing Bang Bang

Rev Rad has climbed up both the official (#78) and rock album (#5) charts thanks to the three concerts last week (American Idiot has climbed the rock album chart, too)

The music videos/lyric videos have the following number of hits:

Bang Bang music video 3.5 million, lyric vid 12.5m. Overall 16m

Still Breathing music video 6.0m, lyric 10.0. Overall 16m

Rev Rad 7.1m

Youngblood 2.8m

Ordinary World 2.4m

Say Goodbye 3.7m

Troubled Times 2.7

Admittedly, I've not seen the music/ lyric videos in ages because of my hiatus and watching footage from the Leeds gig.

Still Breathing is still #1 on the Alternative chart (4 weeks on the top, just like Minority):

http://www.billboard.com/charts/alternative-songs

Actually, we have some hopes to see it #1 next week too:

If so, SB would reach 5 weeks on the top, reaching Basket Case!

Other charts:

• Rock Airplay - #1 (7th week)
  • Canada Rock - #1 (2nd week)
  • Mainstream Rock - #2 
  • Hot Rock - #13 (down 1 place)
  • Adult Alternative - #18 (down 1 place)

As said, SB reached BB in terms of total YT views. Updated:

• Still Breathing - 16.23 M 
  • Bang Bang - 16.11 M

Also, I found this on Wikipedia. You can find the updated (07/2014) sales for every GD album. :)

Thanks for the update! Me and my bassist still rocking it pretty much everyday. Damn great album!

Archived