Revolution Radio Promotion and Commercial Performance

Dakke

The problem is that it always seems like they are "doing alright" for the first initial period. As I recall it, the initial month of the trilogy and 21CB eras were very similar in reception, but in our collective recollection there's a world of a difference. I'll get back to this thread in a few months when there is something more to discuss, if it's still up and running :happy:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Joe K said:

Well it has reached 5.4 million views on fb already!

Oh! I was only looking at the YouTube figure which is now over 993,000

All I really want for this album cycle is the Ellen performance that never happened

3 minutes ago, DoodleBob said:

All I really want for this album cycle is the Ellen performance that never happened

And every other performance that didn't happen.

Just now, Matt. said:

And every other performance that didn't happen.

Very true. I was just looking forward to the Ellen performance since they've never performed on there before.

(Also I was/am hoping that Ellen pulls a prank of them)

Please no. I get it, every publicity is good for the band but this talk show hosts are such idiots. Letterman was the only one that was cool and he knew a few things about the band. The others are just terrible. Oh hello Billie, Mike, Tre and the other three nobodies no one told us about. Ellen would probably spread her biased opinions, Fallon would be fake laughing like crazy, Kimmel would make a stupid joke that no one understands. I would kill myself if I saw them doing carpol karaoke but I know that was a joke. So you're left with Conan maybe.

This parody video is exactly how these talk shows look. (they mention green day by the way)

6 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

So you're left with Conan maybe.

Yo the funniest thing I ever watched on late night tv was conan, ice cube and kevin hart with that student driver. It would be hilarious if Green Day did something like that. 

8 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Please no. I get it, every publicity is good for the band but this talk show hosts are such idiots. Letterman was the only one that was cool and he knew a few things about the band. The others are just terrible...

I love Bill Maher, and the last Billie's appearance at his show was really hylarious :P 

Green Day isn't the type of group that would do Carpool Karaoke for multiple reasons, but I could easily see and hope for them appearing on other talk shows like Fallon or Ellen. They could make up for that performance on Ellen they were supposed to do around the trilogy time but cancelled.

I hope with the announcement of tour dates promotion is done here in Australia.  Apart from Bang Bang being played on one station nobody would know that GD are bringing out a new album or have a kickass new song - hell we had to notify the radio station that the song was coming out.  

34 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

Green Day isn't the type of group that would do Carpool Karaoke for multiple reasons

Why not ?

Honestly, all we need to see promotion-wise is what the trilogy never got: live play on tv shows. I can't tell you how many times I would wait around for, record, or watch on youtube a live song (or songs) that Green Day played live on something like GMA, some late-show, etc etc etc. They did a shit ton of that for 21CB, and there just was ZERO promo in that sense for the Trilogy. Everyone loves to hate the trilogy when in reality if it had been a commercial success, more than half of the nay-sayers would have different opinions.

FOR NOW, the promotion of bang bang and RevRad is pretty solid. I've seen Bang Bang and their live facebook video pop up as sponsored ads numerous times already, and the already 1 million views on the YouTube lyric vid along with the over 5 million FB video views is damn good. Hopefully Warner will keep it up and promote this even more.

When do you guys think the best time to start doing TV stuff would be, within the next week or two because of the single or wait until it's closer to the album? Hopefully there's a lot in the Kerrang interview to keep momentum going, and I hope the secret shows start soon.

4 hours ago, Harry Potter. said:

Green Day isn't the type of group that would do Carpool Karaoke for multiple reasons, but I could easily see and hope for them appearing on other talk shows like Fallon or Ellen. They could make up for that performance on Ellen they were supposed to do around the trilogy time but cancelled.

really? cause i could definitely imagine them doing carpool karaoke.. in an embarrassing 'dad' funny kinda way.
..cause that is seriously all i can see their humour being like these days! (not saying that's a bad thing, at all by the way)

52 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

When do you guys think the best time to start doing TV stuff would be, within the next week or two because of the single or wait until it's closer to the album? Hopefully there's a lot in the Kerrang interview to keep momentum going, and I hope the secret shows start soon.

Release the tour dates.

I'd love to see them do Ellen, Colbert, and Maher. I really don't think a huge media blitz is necessary nor does it seem like something they're interested in doing (based on how poorly their media tour went last time around). If they do a few appearances they can hit up the daytime crowd and the late night crowd. They don't need to do much else, IMO.

Huge artists release albums with zero build-up these days. I just don't think going on every talk show under the sun is something they need to do in order to sell records. If they have the right social media strategy, get good airplay (which Bang Bang definitely is by what I've been hearing) and make a select few appearances, they'll be golden. I wonder if they'll play the VMAs? Perfect timing, if they so choose.

Bang Bang is doing better in Australia & the UK then in the USA on the itunes downloads.  

9 hours ago, Johnny Higher said:

A carpool karaoke with James Corden with Green Day would be very funny.

YES.

The Chili Peppers did it recently and it was great.

49 minutes ago, Tiffx said:

YES.

The Chili Peppers did it recently and it was great.

Tre would probably be funny in that, but I'm afraid that Billie Joe and Mike would be quite awkward

Archived