Revolution Radio Promotion and Commercial Performance

Dakke

6 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Still rocking it just about everyday, I really don't get sick of it yet :cool:

Same, and I love that I don't skip any song, I love all of them, I have favorites but all of them are so amazing :wub:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

That's definitely the greatest news since October. How long did it take Uno to get silver, if you remember? Thank you.

Both Uno and Dos made silver certification quicker but that was back when album sales were much higher in general, opposed to now when the charts are made up greatly by streaming.

It was much faster than Tre which took over 3 years so it has that going for it 😂

Check here for a full list of Green Days certifications in the UK.

As part of my commute, I always tune in to the Elvis Duran Show (one of the biggest morning shows in the country on a huge top 40 station here in the US) and frequently they have been using the instrumental to Bang Bang as intro music for the show. Heard it again this morning. :) 

46 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

RevRad has been certified Silver in the UK

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_Radio#Certifications

I thought they were waiting for it to surpass the 100k mark for the gold certification. RevRad is somewhere around 65k sold in the UK (for the ones interested in US sales: 150.6 k).

1 minute ago, pisquano said:

I thought they were waiting for it to surpass the 100k mark for the gold certification. RevRad is somewhere around 65k sold in the UK (for the ones interested in US sales: 150.6 k).

Tré has 62.5k UK sales and 155k US sales (after 4 years)

12 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Tré has 62.5k UK sales and 155k US sales (after 4 years)

Where'd you get those numbers?

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Where'd you get those numbers?

They're on Wikipedia now

36 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

For anyone interested:

Revolution Radio is #195 in the Billboard 200 year-end chart. I had no hope since the album was released in the late 2016 (October), but here it is:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_Radio

(See it in the "Charts" section).

So does that mean it's 195th in terms of sales/album units for the entire year?

If so, that's pretty good considering how late in the year it was released. Imagine if it was released earlier, it could have been much higher on the list

10 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

So does that mean it's 195th in terms of sales/album units for the entire year?

Yes

195th is a fine number, given the late release date, decreasing album sales and the fact they didn't enjoy the sheer momentum of 21CB and a world tour like Uno! and Dos! did.

Lol 195 isn't "great" by any means. Can you think of 195 other albums this year? If not, it shows how unpopular RevRad was.

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Lol 195 isn't "great" by any means. Can you think of 195 other albums this year? If not, it shows how unpopular RevRad was.

RevRad was released in October. This means that it had only two months to sell in 2016, a lot of time less if you compare it with Blink's California, released in July.

5 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Just because I can't name 194 other albums doesn't mean it's not good. There are 365 days in a year and I'm sure hundreds of albums were released. RevRad only had two months of the year as well. I wouldn't have expected them to chart at all!

They're number 20 on the year end chart for Rock Albums http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2016/top-rock-albums

But 195 in the year is lame why do you all deny that? People here for years have been saying how blink 182 is dead by seeing how their older album and ep sold and that they are nothing compared to green day but now they are selling better and green day pulls blink 182 numbers but for whatever reason they are relevant when blink weren't.

Let's face it the last time green day where a relevant band in pop culture was 09. That's almost 8 years ago. And I'm making myself clear here. I don't talk about them selling out arenas and all that. This has nothing to do with relevance. Acdc sell out arenas too.

42 minutes ago, petros said:

But 195 in the year is lame why do you all deny that? 

People are not denying 195 in a year is bad. They are denying that it was a year. The album has only been out 2 months.

So chart positions determine relevance but concert sales (which is where most of the money is made and costs the consumer a lot more than an album) don't. Okay dokey then.

Archived