Green Day come back interview in Kerrang

luketrebilliemike

I really liked the interview. I wonder if they will go deeper into the new album in the next week interview/article.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I loved the article. It was interesting, even moving at some points. I'm so fucking glad they feel excited and happy to come back. They're full of energy!! :D

i love how they keep talking about how excited they are to be going back on tour, i am so ready for this :D

4 hours ago, Jenn123 said:

He said the other day that being mainstream isn't punk (or something like that), whilst bitching about how Bang Bang isn't doing as well as Oh Love did in the charts. :lol:

ooop top of the page sorry seagull.

Back on topic:  Youngblood is confusing me right now. It's a love song, but also a victorious, jubilant cry of "fuck you I'm from Oakland"? Unless when they meant 'love song' they meant love for Oakland! :D 

I was reading that laughing and thinking exactly the same thing :lol: So I reckon there's a few options. It could be a "love song" to their home town :lol:. They could just have been being sarcastic about it being a love song at all (since they were trying to be sarcastic /funny in most of the answers on twitter) OR this is Billie's love song to Rhianna and the full, victorious, jubilant line is

"Hey you fucking Rhianna! I'm going to fuck you I'm from Oakland!!" 

:lol::lol::ga:

Great article! Favourite part: "This record, every part of this is like a little kid playing air guitar. I can't wait to go out there and play and see familiar faces and kick ass."

I think Billie was being sneaky with his 'love song' answer re: Youngblood. I think it's maybe a love song to where they're from, sort of Christie Road style? But angrier :P 

3 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

I think Billie was being sneaky with his 'love song' answer re: Youngblood. I think it's maybe a love song to where they're from, sort of Christie Road style? But angrier :P 

Or...maybe Billie was asked about lyrics and he didn't know what he was talking about again :lol: 

Plot twist Youngblood is another song about mass murder / gun violence hence the blood...just younger people get slaughtered in this one yay :lol: Easy to confuse with love really :lol:

1 minute ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Or...maybe Billie was asked about lyrics and he didn't know what he was talking about again :lol: 

Plot twist Youngblood is another song about mass murder / gun violence hence the blood...just younger people get slaughtered in this one yay :lol: Easy to confuse with love really :lol:

Anything is possible I guess :ga:

4 hours ago, petros said:

Man green day has really fucked you up. You've taken the message of Minority to a whole new level.

LOL

22 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

Anything is possible I guess :ga:

I'm just kidding :D;):ga:

"This record was made as it was supposed to be—as friends." :cry:

One day, this man is going to kill me. 

Here's some photos of the kerrang interview to tide people over until the scans come in!

tumblr_oc29t4QrsU1vdqibno3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oc29t4QrsU1vdqibno5_400.jpg

tumblr_oc29t4QrsU1vdqibno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oc29t4QrsU1vdqibno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oc29t4QrsU1vdqibno4_540.jpg

tumblr_oc29t4QrsU1vdqibno7_540.jpg

tumblr_oc29t4QrsU1vdqibno8_1280.jpg

tumblr_oc29t4QrsU1vdqibno6_1280.jpg

Hey guys. I just bought the magazine. I'll try to scan them in some way for you guys! (only cause it's not really available outside the UK :P ). 

Apparently there's another article in next week's issue

I wonder which one Barnes and Nobles will stock up on-this one or the next (if it stocks up on any of these at all).

Damn, the new issue wasn't there. Will have to be tomorrow! The pics from the photoshoot are gorgeous.

I'd scan these myself, but to get the magazine, I'll either need to find it in a store or get a subscription outside the UK. Thats £112. Thats an insane amount of money for a fucking magazine. 

30 minutes ago, matteo263 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwXr0ekMM5F0Q3AyUmhpaVRuc2c/view?usp=sharing

They're not really the best of scans. I guess they're fairly easy to read through though right? 

perfectly readable! Thanks a bunch Matteo! <3

Just went to a Pennsylvania Barnes & Noble and they had the July issue of Kerrang. I'm hoping if I check back in a few days they'll have the new one!

Thanks for the great scans! Though after reading it, waiting for the release and the tour is even harder! I'm excited that they are so excited :D

I love how positive everybody is :wub: this is seriously cleansing my soul from all the suspense last week before bang bang was released and people jumping at everybody's throats, creating stress... I love how we all have something to look forward to. I feel like a hippie preaching love and friendship right now haha but that's what good music does to me. :lol: 

I seriously love the whole process they took, with Tré building his drums himself, Mike striving to be better and taking bass lessons, widening his horizons, doing everything themselves, going to their roots, working together as friends, in their own little self-made studio, having Tim Armstrong make the Bang Bang video. I feel like this is exactly what they needed. The way they talk, they seem so happy and satisfied and like they actually believe that what they made is great and not because Warner told them to promote it. It's like they're gaining more and more independency and room for creativity and look what came out of it! ♥

There are some really great times ahead of us!

17 hours ago, Jake69 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

o9vS0G8.pngn8Tubd5.pngkBRSW0R.pngdL9duOA.pngCT77T5E.pngkBIPKE1.pngX3cjrI5.pngNLCSJMH.pngxJoodVU.png4Jr8p2q.pngIUxG3tR.png6HrQt2X.pngmrZh5UA.pngjkZkYRJ.pngp9lId4x.png7qrwWSG.pngcPvO7Qf.pngXlEddCb.png

This what I have so far. Can't upload the rest because of a glitch with imgur. Tell me what I can do to fix it to make it easier to read.

Edit: Got the entire article.

THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU'RE THE BEST.

29 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I love how positive everybody is :wub: this is seriously cleansing my soul from all the suspense last week before bang bang was released and people jumping at everybody's throats, creating stress... I love how we all have something to look forward to. I feel like a hippie preaching love and friendship right now haha but that's what good music does to me. :lol: 

I seriously love the whole process they took, with Tré building his drums himself, Mike striving to be better and taking bass lessons, widening his horizons, doing everything themselves, going to their roots, working together as friends, in their own little self-made studio, having Tim Armstrong make the Bang Bang video. I feel like this is exactly what they needed. The way they talk, they seem so happy and satisfied and like they actually believe that what they made is great and not because Warner told them to promote it. It's like they're gaining more and more independency and room for creativity and look what came out of it! ♥

There are some really great times ahead of us!

Sometimes it takes a rough patch to put things in perspective. Billie, Mike, and Jason all went through some very real, scary issues in their personal lives. It is absolutely awful that they had to deal with such things, but good in that it forced them to genuinely slow down for the first time in a long time. Like Mike said in this interview—maybe they've said in the past that they took time to recharge the batteries, but they didn't really, or didn't do it long enough that it made them feel refreshed (I mean damn, they barely even took a break between Billie's rehab and the rescheduled tour). It sounds like this time they went into the process eyes wide open having gotten through some really difficult times and were just ready to get back to basics. It's good though, because "basics" doesn't equate to reverting to a more basic sound, per se. I think they've realized they can still be as sonically ambitious as ever while also keeping in mind why they started a band in the first place: Because they love music, and they love playing music together. 

Something about Revolution Radio just feels...good. This feels like a very organic, natural continuation for them. And I think for the first time, perhaps they're not out to prove anything to themselves or anyone else anymore. After American Idiot, there was so much pressure for the follow-up. Then after 21CB, I think they started to dislike the more serious reputation they were getting, which lead straight into the Trilogy. But Revolution Radio just feels like them. Everything they are and everything that matters to them. 

Archived