Green Day come back interview in Kerrang

luketrebilliemike

Thank you so much! 

"I can't wait to go out there and play and see familiar faces and kick ass" :wub:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Cheap Escape said:

I am leaning toward not reading this article, if it includes descriptions of songs. I want to hear them for myself, before I'm told what to make of them.

Right? I feel like I haven't enjoyed Bang Bang as much just because I read it was about a mass shooter before I listened to it. 

"Let's just fucking be Green Day" :wub: I love how positive and uplifting this article is. They're so cute when complimenting each other in the beginning :happy:

and story continues next week! 

Loved the energy and I'm really happy they are happy ^^

6 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Fuck them, I like Trump :mad:

You also think the trilogy is better than American Idiot :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Never saw it coming :shy:

A good interview. It got me pumped for the new songs and I really loved what they said about the songs.

They pass the buck for the Trilogy on Cavallo. Or at least they hint it. Not really cool imo. 

14 minutes ago, Steven Seagull said:

Yeah, so surprising that they wouldn't like him :rolleyes: 

8 minutes ago, lorenovacaine said:

Is there any way to buy this issue from the internet?

I think you can buy a digital copy from somewhere. Though I'm willing to send out copies if anyone wants the physical version!

Thanks for the scan! 

The part about the recovery made me teary. So genuinely happy that the new era is here!! 

Also, now I'm curious about Outlaw :)

7 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

I think you can buy a digital copy from somewhere. Though I'm willing to send out copies if anyone wants the physical version!

7 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

I'm in Italy, if u have some copy to send, I'll pay everything :)

I'll be heading to the shop in about.....6 hours :P I'll see if they have the new issue and then i'll buy a bunch! :D 

2 minutes ago, Jenn123 said:

I'll be heading to the shop in about.....6 hours :P I'll see if they have the new issue and then i'll buy a bunch! :D 

GD fan's life is always a countdown! OK, six hours 🤘😁

I remember at first Seagull liked Bang Bang but then saw that everyone liked it too so started posting about how it's boring and oh love was better. Now of course he likes Trump too. Man green day has really fucked you up. You've taken the message of Minority to a whole new level.

10 minutes ago, petros said:

I remember at first Seagull liked Bang Bang but then saw that everyone liked it too so started posting about how it's boring and oh love was better. Now of course he likes Triump too. Man green day has really fucked you up. You've taken the message of Minority to a whole new level.

He said the other day that being mainstream isn't punk (or something like that), whilst bitching about how Bang Bang isn't doing as well as Oh Love did in the charts. :lol:

ooop top of the page sorry seagull.

Back on topic:  Youngblood is confusing me right now. It's a love song, but also a victorious, jubilant cry of "fuck you I'm from Oakland"? Unless when they meant 'love song' they meant love for Oakland! :D 

1 hour ago, Jenn123 said:

Back on topic:  Youngblood is confusing me right now. It's a love song, but also a victorious, jubilant cry of "fuck you I'm from Oakland"? Unless when they meant 'love song' they meant love for Oakland! :D 

I was thinking the same thing. It may be a cool punk serenade for their beloved hometown :D Something like Roots radicals :) 

Edit: or maybe, given the title, something about their relationship with Gilman Street and the new bands keeping that place alive, hashtag mynewband. Oh god, I'm so pumped for this new record :D 

so next weeks issue sounds like they're going to go in depth with the album a bit more?

2 hours ago, Steven Seagull said:

Ugh, don't even joke. The man is an ass hat.

Really good article :) i love how excited they seem about being back, and touring 

How many K's did the album get?

Sorry I cant get the scans to open, maybe there was no review yet, ignore me :D

Thanks for uploading the scans :)

That was a great article to read. They seem so excited about this album, it's infectious :D 

11 minutes ago, Nova-Caine said:

How many K's did the album get?

I haven't read the scans properly so could be wrong, but I don't think they reviewed the album, just heard a few songs from it like the radio stations did?

Archived