Green Day come back interview in Kerrang

luketrebilliemike

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see a point in having a thread for this until the magazine comes

4 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I don't see a point in having a thread for this until the magazine comes

No it's fine, this way people know it's coming out and can go and buy it. We always allow threads to be made for stuff as soon as we find out about it.

57 minutes ago, Andres said:

"The ONLY  interview"*

*except for Rolling Stone

yeah, but the Rolling Stone piece seems to be quite small and certainly isn't a cover article like this one is. Remember when every move they made used to be on every music mag in existence? Now this is all we have. Even Alt Press hasn't covered it!! You know, aside from tweeting some news cribbed from GDA. :P They're too busy promoting the 10th anniversary of Black Parade instead (an entire month early, I might add).

34 minutes ago, James11693 said:

Anyone in The U.S. know how to get their hands on these?

Barnes and Nobles sells about 1 issue a month. I went to buy RS yesterday for their little column piece and found Kerrang. However, the issue was from a month ago. I know we have to wait some time for us to have an issue, but they only ship between one and two issues every month.

We were able to get 50 of them in last time to sell through GDA for US residents. I can ask if they'll work with us again.

Alright I take it back. Looking through my emails last time I asked them about this they weren't interested. Since we last sold them on our site they now make them available on Google Play and the Apple App Store. If you want a physical copy your best bet will be to find one at Barnes and Noble after they come out. 

What does it mean the ONLY interview? That they only made this one interview (and the one in RS)? I remember when the trilogy came out I read scans of many interviews in at least 20 different magazines..  It would be strange to do only 2 interviews this time. There will be more when the album comes out, right? 

12 hours ago, James11693 said:

Anyone in The U.S. know how to get their hands on these?

You can usually find them on ebay.

Like already said, you can get Kerrang! digitally to your smartphone worldwide. Just download the app which is free and buy the issues when it comes out!

Kerrang! used to be my favorite magazine when I was a teenager... They gave me all info about Green Day and Rancid.  Those were the days 

3 hours ago, nothing_wrong_with_me said:

What does it mean the ONLY interview? That they only made this one interview (and the one in RS)? I remember when the trilogy came out I read scans of many interviews in at least 20 different magazines..  It would be strange to do only 2 interviews this time. There will be more when the album comes out, right? 

I may be wrong, but I think this is an exclusive Kerrang have bought. I expect more interviews to come during the next weeks, there are 54 days before the album release :) 

I wouldn't mind of this is the only major interview. I think after last time it was abundantly clear all that hype and extra promotional work wasn't something they wanted or were enjoying. They're Green Day, their work speaks for itself. They don't need to do a billion interviews—a select few should be plenty, I suspect. And if it is what keeps them sane, well, even better. 

I'll be buying this on Wednesday. If I'm not feeling too lazy, I'll get it first thing in the morning and scan it before I go to work 

Will there be scans of just the interview on the GDA site? Don't really fancy buying one just for the GD interview, wouldn't have minded back in the day but Kerrang! has gone downhill lately

1 hour ago, Platypus2000 said:

Will there be scans of just the interview on the GDA site? Don't really fancy buying one just for the GD interview, wouldn't have minded back in the day but Kerrang! has gone downhill lately

If we can get them, yeah.

1633_cover_slider.jpg?ed9a96

"They’re the biggest punk band in the world. They’re a band who continue to change lives. AND THEY’RE BACK. This week, Kerrang! heads to Orange County to speak to Green Day as they unveil their brilliant new album, Revolution Radio! There’s interviews with Billie Joe Armstong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool, plus new pictures and a LOT of secrets revealed."

Cp_gJ_2WgAA_Tb0.jpg

26 minutes ago, ~ Walking Contradiction said:

"They’re the biggest punk band in the world. They’re a band who continue to change lives. AND THEY’RE BACK. This week, Kerrang! heads to Orange County to speak to Green Day as they unveil their brilliant new album, Revolution Radio! There’s interviews with Billie Joe Armstong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool, plus new pictures and a LOT of secrets revealed."

24 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

I thought we already had a thread to talk about this.

Yes, we do!  @~ Walking Contradiction, I've moved your thread into the existing one, since your post contained some more detail about the interview.  In future, be sure to use search to check if we already have a thread - especially when the forum's so busy and a new thread can be on the second page.

Any chance I could buy a magazine off someone and pay you back on paypal?

Ok- I've just downloaded and read the interview on the Kerrang app....will summarise the main points if you want....its part one of a two part exclusive interview...next week sounds like they're going to talk more in-depth about the album tracks....

SPOILERS!

Summary of song descriptions in the article

• Still Breathing- the recovery song some people were hoping for- about people going through drug problems

• Bang Bang- confirm this was written specifically about Santa Barbara shooter- but it's meaning more open to interpretation due to recent world events

• Somewhere Now- sounds like will be fast and political - "I put the riot in patriot"

• Outlaws- "dreamy nostalgia"

• Youngblood - victorious, jubilant cry of "fuck you I'm from Oakland"

• 45 mins running time - "while its predecessors sprawled and yawned, RR is a trim action packed 45 mins in which the Oakland reprobates get their eye back on the ball and deliver their best, most focused, most Green Day-ish performance since American Idiot in 2004"

5 minutes ago, emenius said:

SPOILERS!

So cool! Can you scan the article or take some screenshots (only if this is something the forum can allow of course)? 

9 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Is it worth the buy? What do they talk about?

Ummm....nice read but not a lot of additional info that we don't already know, other than the song descriptions I posted above. Some nice official pics by Frank Maddocks. I think the next interview may give more interesting details on the actual songs.

9 minutes ago, emenius said:

• 45 mins running time - "while its predecessors sprawled and yawned, RR is a trim action packed 45 mins in which the Oakland reprobates get their eye back on the ball and deliver their best, most focused, most Green Day-ish performance since American Idiot in 2004"

Very good news.

Archived