Green Day come back interview in Kerrang

luketrebilliemike

1 minute ago, J a c said:

So cool! Can you scan the article or take some screenshots (only if this is something the forum can allow of course)? 

Can take screenshots if I'm allowed....Mods?

Also someone would have to tell me how to upload them onto the forum...I'm kinda old and not that tech-savvy!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, emenius said:

Can take screenshots if I'm allowed....Mods?

Also someone would have to tell me how to upload them onto the forum...I'm kinda old and not that tech-savvy!

Upload them to http://imgur.com/ and just post the direct links. The pics will embed themselves.

11 minutes ago, Clayish said:

Very good news.

Yes. Tim Armstrong directing the Bang Bang music video, a proud song about Oakland, a fast 45 minutes record, deep, angry and social oriented lyrics, self-production, an upcoming docufilm about the Bay Area, a lot of genuine punk stuff. I'm so exited for the upcoming months, I feel like is exactly what I was hoping from this band. 

Can't wait to buy this issue tomorrow - gonna try to not read anything from the screenshots until then. :D

2 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Wait where are the screenshots?

Literally 5 posts above you, scroll up :D

1 minute ago, MysticManiac said:

Wait where are the screenshots?

@Jake69 posted them like 5 posts before yours

by the way, do you think you can get them bigger a little? :/ I can't read anything, it's so small:( 

Of if anyone gets it when it comes out, pleaaaase scan the sites for us ♥

15 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

On it.

Edit: Sorry, having some technical difficulties. Will get the close ups for tomorrow. If anyone else can do it earlier that would be great.

Thanks for the effort:wub:

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:
  Hide contents

This what I have so far. Can't upload the rest because of a glitch with imgur. Tell me what I can fix to make it easier to read.

this is perfect, thank you!!!

10 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Alright, I got the entire article. I'm done for the day. 

Thank you!

Thank you so much for uploading. 

I'm a bit overwhelmed by this article. I'm so happy for them and proud of them and just...I don't know. I'm a bit speechless. I feel so incredibly lucky to exist the same time as these people. I don't think I've ever loved them more than I do right now. 

The snippets of lyrics sound absolutely amazing, as do the song descriptions. Loved their thoughts on Trump and totally agree. And I'm definitely going to refer to Billie as Nostradamus now. :happy:

What an amazing article. :wub: Can't wait for part 2.

The only thing that bothers me a little bit is how flippantly BJ uses the word "psycho" and "mentally ill" in that context, but that's bothering me with absolutely everyone. I guess it's just a peeve of mine and I'm overly sensitive or something... it just makes me uncomfortable and a bit sad idk.

But overall my love for them has increased once again (how is that even possible?) and I'm actually a little caught off guard by how woke they are. I feel like if somebody today says they actually dislike Green Day (they don't have to like them or even care for them because i don't mind if they don't) but if they say they actually dislike them or even hate them, then there must be something wrong with that person... :lol: 

I can't seem to read a single word from the article, maybe it's because I'm on my phone. can someone please upload it to the magazine scans section of GDA? thanks!

Thanks for the scans jake!

This has got me so excited for the album, by the sounds of things this has potential to be my favorite album since nimrod! It sounds like their tours for this album are going to be amazing, I love how anxious they are to get back on the road, there better be some shows soon!

I am leaning toward not reading this article, if it includes descriptions of songs. I want to hear them for myself, before I'm told what to make of them.

2 minutes ago, Cheap Escape said:

I am leaning toward not reading this article, if it includes descriptions of songs. I want to hear them for myself, before I'm told what to make of them.

Thanks for posting this.

2 hours ago, Jake69 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

o9vS0G8.pngn8Tubd5.pngkBRSW0R.pngdL9duOA.pngCT77T5E.pngkBIPKE1.pngX3cjrI5.pngNLCSJMH.pngxJoodVU.png4Jr8p2q.pngIUxG3tR.png6HrQt2X.pngmrZh5UA.pngjkZkYRJ.pngp9lId4x.png7qrwWSG.pngcPvO7Qf.pngXlEddCb.png

This what I have so far. Can't upload the rest because of a glitch with imgur. Tell me what I can do to fix it to make it easier to read.

Edit: Got the entire article.

*kneels down and kisses feet*

But seriously, thank you so much!

27 minutes ago, StuckWithDom said:

I can't seem to read a single word from the article, maybe it's because I'm on my phone. can someone please upload it to the magazine scans section of GDA? thanks!

We won't put it up on GDA right away as the article goes on sale tomorrow and we need to promote people going out and buying it first.

20 minutes ago, Cheap Escape said:

There's descriptions for 3 songs in there, they're really not that in-depth though. Billie Joe has a line or two about what a few songs mean but it doesn't really describe the songs beyond a basic description of whether it's a fast or slow song. 

35 minutes ago, Andres said:

There's descriptions for 3 songs in there, they're really not that in-depth though. Billie Joe has a line or two about what a few songs mean but it doesn't really describe the songs beyond a basic description of whether it's a fast or slow song. 

Ah, in that case, I may just go ahead and read it. Thanks for the clarification.

Thank you for the scans. It's great to see them so upbeat, happy and excited for this record and tour. They really needed the break and now it's like they are a whole new band. Can't wait to see next week's issue.

Hopefully this will be at my local store today. If anyone not in the UK wants a copy, let me know! I don't mind buying a few extra while I'm there. :) 

Archived