Bang Bang Guitar Cover

Roberto Carregal

I thought you posted a high quality version of the cover art of the single.

But still a nice cover nonetheless!

Thanks for your comments!

2 hours ago, spacewanderess said:

Well done. Is that an SLXFMG? Whats your set up for this? 

It' s a Jackson Soloist SL3, a 2008 model.

I also used my Mesa Single Rectifier Solo Head and a MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive. And I recorded with a Shure SM58. 

I've started to record myself 4 weeks ago, so I still have a LOT to learn. 

2 hours ago, Sixtrix said:

I thought you posted a high quality version of the cover art of the single.

But still a nice cover nonetheless!

I totally agree! XD

When I was learning the song there was a moment when I felt I was listening to a Game Boy!

There's nothing like a CD quality, but when you are used to it all mp3 sounds horrible.

1 hour ago, Armstr0ng. said:

Well that was fast.

You have to be fast, nowadays YouTube it's like the Wild West!

Nice work!  Can't wait to learn it myself too!!!  To save myself some time....is it tuned down like Dookie and Insomniac?

6 hours ago, Jet Taman said:

Nice work!  Can't wait to learn it myself too!!!  To save myself some time....is it tuned down like Dookie and Insomniac?

Thanks!

No, it's in standard tuning, in A minor.

I've made a modest video of my cover with the chords, in case someone wants to learn the song

3 hours ago, doworkson123123 said:

Wow great quality and great job with the cover!

Thanks!  It's a great great song!

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:41 PM, Roberto Carregal said:

I've uploaded this cover of GD amazing new song, I hope you like it!

Good job man, this band is why I started playing, I reached my peak when I had lots of time in college and I totally had the sound down through my Les Paul/ Marshall setup. I still have the equipment but since I hardly play anymore I now suck!

Thanks for recording- it's going to make playing this one so much easier to learn.

Isn't it cool to cover their stuff? When you boil it down, it all seems relatively basic- but at the same time, really effin hard to have written. I bet you write music on your guitar all the time and are far better at it than I ever was. But when I was doing it, I was always blown away/ humbled at how simple it seemed- yet must have been so complicated to writer and compose. I spent a lot of time trying to write and create songs as good as theirs, and it was impossible. I've played a lot of what I thought were great sounding chord progressions and melodies over the years, and even though I was playing the same power chords in general as Billie nothing has ever been remotely similar to what he later came up with, if that makes sense.

Keep at it- well done!

On 8/20/2016 at 4:46 AM, TimmyChunks said:

Good job man, this band is why I started playing, I reached my peak when I had lots of time in college and I totally had the sound down through my Les Paul/ Marshall setup. I still have the equipment but since I hardly play anymore I now suck!

Thanks for recording- it's going to make playing this one so much easier to learn.

Isn't it cool to cover their stuff? When you boil it down, it all seems relatively basic- but at the same time, really effin hard to have written. I bet you write music on your guitar all the time and are far better at it than I ever was. But when I was doing it, I was always blown away/ humbled at how simple it seemed- yet must have been so complicated to writer and compose. I spent a lot of time trying to write and create songs as good as theirs, and it was impossible. I've played a lot of what I thought were great sounding chord progressions and melodies over the years, and even though I was playing the same power chords in general as Billie nothing has ever been remotely similar to what he later came up with, if that makes sense.

Keep at it- well done!

Thanks for your comment Timmychunks!

Yes, It's amazing how incredible music can be made with "easy" resources, Green Day it's a great example of that.

I think that make "easy"(and memorable) music it's a science, they maybe don't have a lot of resources, but they have tons of knowledge of how using them, they have infinite posibilities.

Music is the Best!

On 8/20/2016 at 5:16 AM, rockmanx37 said:

Great cover!

Thanks! 😊 

Archived