Metanoia

Stranger Things

Hey people.

I was unsure if there was a thread already for this AMAZING new series so here's this.

I literally watched the whole first season in one day and love, love, love it!

Is anyone else really into it? I love the cuts and the music especially, and the 80s vibe of it!

• Like 2

The soundtrack is really good. I also just watched this a couple of days ago in one sitting. :D Recommended it to my friend and she did the same a day later. :lol: I hope there will be a second season, since there are things to tell. What happens with the slug? Is the girl out there living in the woods?

I heard of it a week ago, but haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet. I heard it was a lot like Silent Hill in TV form because of the absurd monsters and stories? 

My boy and I loved it! Eleven is the best :wub:

• Like 3

mmmm my favorite fucking show steve's an asshole through and through Nancy and Jonathan for life!

• Like 2

Very great series!

This show is really wonderful. Sure, the plot is very simplistic, but everything about it is done so well. The acting is really spot on, the cinematography and general 80's atmosphere is so warm and enjoyable. It's also a really difficult thing to carry a TV show with child actors, imo, and all these kids so a great job.

Excited for season two!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, armatage said:

The soundtrack is really good. I also just watched this a couple of days ago in one sitting. :D Recommended it to my friend and she did the same a day later. :lol: I hope there will be a second season, since there are things to tell. What happens with the slug? Is the girl out there living in the woods?

ikr?

So many cliffhangers!! I'm not entirely sure but didn't Netflix already state that there will definitely be a second season? I sure hope so!

I also got infected by a friend of mine and told like 2 more friends, my bf etc. to watch it. It's spreading everywhere!

2 hours ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

I heard of it a week ago, but haven't gotten the chance to watch it yet. I heard it was a lot like Silent Hill in TV form because of the absurd monsters and stories? 

It has lots of references in it! Silent Hill is one of those but also ET, Alien, The Goonies, Stand by me, Close encounters of the third kind and many more that can be found in this article:

Well it explains which movies have similarities to Stranger Things but it fits pretty well: IT INCLUDES STILLS FROM STRANGER THINGS THOUGH SO MAYBE YOU LOOK AT IT AFTER WATCHING

https://www.buzzfeed.com/danieldalton/goodbye-mike?utm_term=.kpaoPgRZb#.jkl59LpXR

1 hour ago, inthehallwaynow said:

mmmm my favorite fucking show steve's an asshole through and through Nancy and Jonathan for life!

Also THIS! 100%

12 minutes ago, Metanoia said:

Also THIS! 100%

I think they left it that way so they will get together if/when the second season comes cause she definitely didnt look too thrilled at the end sitting with him mr big hair asswipe haha

• Like 1

They confirmed a second season the day it premiered! I think it's slated for this fall, think it should be anytime around then. I wonder how they'll handle the age difference for the kids though, should be interesting

1 hour ago, inthehallwaynow said:

I think they left it that way so they will get together if/when the second season comes cause she definitely didnt look too thrilled at the end sitting with him mr big hair asswipe haha

That might be possible. But I was also thinking, maybe all that monster fighting made him a more bearable guy? :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, inthehallwaynow said:

I didn't like Steve at first, but I think he turned out to be mostly okay. He had shitty friends, but he seems like an okay person after he helped burn the monster. He could have run away, and he could have reacted horribly that second time he found Jonathan and Nancy together, yet he didn't. Also, I think Jonathan's new camera was a present from both Nancy and Steve.

• Like 2

Yee you two are right he definitely made an improvement but its hard to trust past asshats hoping they will stay good house kittens ya know? Im just hardcore team jonancy haha

1 hour ago, armatage said:

That might be possible. But I was also thinking, maybe all that monster fighting made him a more bearable guy? :lol:

46 minutes ago, Dai. said:

I didn't like Steve at first, but I think he turned out to be mostly okay. He had shitty friends, but he seems like an okay person after he helped burn the monster. He could have run away, and he could have reacted horribly that second time he found Jonathan and Nancy together, yet he didn't. Also, I think Jonathan's new camera was a present from both Nancy and Steve.

1 minute ago, inthehallwaynow said:

Yee you two are right he definitely made an improvement but its hard to trust past asshats hoping they will stay good house kittens ya know? Im just hardcore team jonancy haha

She doesn't seem to like him that way, so to me it feels like she could only use him as a rebound in the future. I'd rather they stayed just friends in that case. No need to crap all over that friendship.

26 minutes ago, armatage said:

She doesn't seem to like him that way, so to me it feels like she could only use him as a rebound in the future. I'd rather they stayed just friends in that case. No need to crap all over that friendship.

dont ruin my dreams haha you're right though

1 minute ago, inthehallwaynow said:

dont ruin my dreams haha you're right though

I'm sorry. :D I guess we'll just have to wait for season 2 and see.

• Like 1

MUST! RESIST! SPOILERS! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

MUST! RESIST! SPOILERS! 

Just start watching now and do it in one sitting, that will help. 

14 minutes ago, armatage said:

Just start watching now and do it in one sitting, that will help. 

I'm on episode 3 but I'm watching so many things at once

4 minutes ago, Sarcasm said:

You should be done in a couple of days anyway, this show keeps you intrigued and the episodes usually end with a cliffhanger. Before you know it, it's 7am and you're done with the first season. :lol:

• Like 1

This was an awesome series. 

Everyone should check out @inthehallwaynow art from the show in his thread.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sarcasm said:

I LOVED episode 3! One of the best ones imo.

I still don't really like Steve. He improved, but something about him is still douchey! I really think Nancy and Jonathan will get it on in season 2.

SPOILER WARNING OLA!

I also don't want to believe that Barb died. I liked her. Until the very last episode I hoped she would come back.

=/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Metanoia said:

I LOVED episode 3! One of the best ones imo.

I still don't really like Steve. He improved, but something about him is still douchey! I really think Nancy and Jonathan will get it on in season 2.

SPOILER WARNING OLA!

Spoiler

I also don't want to believe that Barb died. I liked her. Until the very last episode I hoped she would come back. =/

I'm putting this as a spoiler just in case :lol:

Spoiler

She was a very one-sided character so I wasn't sad to see her go. More or less a stereotypical goody-two-shoes character. In fact in a twisted way, I expected that at least someone from the community will be killed by the monster. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Metanoia said:

I still don't really like Steve. He improved, but something about him is still douchey!

That might just be his hair :lol:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, armatage said:

I'm putting this as a spoiler just in case :lol:

Hide contents

She was a very one-sided character so I wasn't sad to see her go. More or less a stereotypical goody-two-shoes character. In fact in a twisted way, I expected that at least someone from the community will be killed by the monster. :lol: 

The spoiler is a good idea! Did the same thing now with my original post! :D

And idk I liked how very 80s she was...it was so cliché that it was good again imo. :D

19 minutes ago, Dai. said:

That might just be his hair :lol:

That's true though! Might be it xD

Also both actors (Steve's and Jonathan's) really remind me of other famous people but I cannot figure it out! Anyone else knows what I mean?