Revolution Radio

Fuzz

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ryan said:

That's bc Biffy sucks balls and nobody gives a fuck about them :)

Don't try and pick a fight with a moderate number of people on here who Mon the Biff. They're far better than Blink for 1 thing since I've not heard a single infantile joke in Biffy lyrics.

44 minutes ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

Don't try and pick a fight with a moderate number of people on here who Mon the Biff. They're far better than Blink for 1 thing since I've not heard a single infantile joke in Biffy lyrics.

And none of this conversation needs to happen this thread.

2 hours ago, Alf said:

doubt we are going a new song before the album release. The band is recording the music video for Bang Bang, there will be no point on release a video togheter with a new song that would take away the attention of the lead single

Other bands have released non-single songs before the album releases...

A second single (probably Revolution Radio) is very likely, actually it wouldn't make any sense if they don't do it.

Bang Bang release and it's music video's hype is not going to last until October 7th.

I feel like bang bangs video will be released the same week as the albums release so they can kinda say hey heres the official video for that song from weeks back and promote the new album at the same time

Maybe they will promote it like Idiot.  Fast single then slow, fast, slow and then faster long song.   

The 25 Most Anticipated Albums of Fall 2016

01. Green Day – Revolution Radio

Release date: October 7th

There’s a viral Tumblr post that reads “You know we fucked up when Green Day had to come back with another political album.” Indeed, we last saw the Bay Area punk rockers a whole American election ago, and now they’re striding back into a modern music landscape inevitably informed by the particularly dangerous epic that is American politics today. “Bang Bang”, the single they’ve led with, doesn’t reinvent any musical wheels, but its urgent subject matter (the lyrics are written from the point of view of a mass shooter) makes it far more invigorated and specific than anything on their last triple release, ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tre!. Come October, Green Day won’t become the voice of a generation like they were with American Idiot, but they’ll still speak truth to power in their own solid, pop-punk way. –Karen Gwee

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/the-25-most-anticipated-albums-of-fall-2016/full-post/

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/08/fall-2106-albums-preview?utm_campaign=fuse&utm_source=facebook&campaign=scl|fbk|fsc&utm_medium=social#13

2016 FALL MUSIC PREVIEW: THE 31 ALBUMS YOU NEED TO HEAR

Green Day, 'Revolution Radio'

Release Date: October 7

Why We're Excited: Green Day’s three-album rollout in 2012 was a critical and commercial letdown…but the last time Billie Joe Armstrong and co. constructed a comeback, they dropped American Idiot. If lead single “Bang Bang” is any indication, the upcoming Revolution Radio will be just as politically caustic and palette-cleansing. —Jason Lipshutz

1 hour ago, Billie Hoe said:

http://www.fuse.tv/2016/08/fall-2106-albums-preview?utm_campaign=fuse&utm_source=facebook&campaign=scl|fbk|fsc&utm_medium=social#13

2016 FALL MUSIC PREVIEW: THE 31 ALBUMS YOU NEED TO HEAR

Green Day, 'Revolution Radio'

Release Date: October 7

Why We're Excited: Green Day’s three-album rollout in 2012 was a critical and commercial letdown…but the last time Billie Joe Armstrong and co. constructed a comeback, they dropped American Idiot. If lead single “Bang Bang” is any indication, the upcoming Revolution Radio will be just as politically caustic and palette-cleansing. —Jason Lipshutz

Sometimes I think these people writing articles on Revolution Radio have no idea what they are talking about, and just going by what they've 'heard' rather than actual fact. 

Uno, Dos and Tre all have Favorable/Positive reviews (over 60%) on wickopedia based on an average of over 20 reviews each. Uno debuted #1 in 5 countries and top 5-10 in over 20 countries and also was a gold album in 7 countries.  Dos debuted in the top 10 in over 10 countries and Tre in the top 20 in almost 10 countries. They didn't live up to their past album sales, probably largely because of Billie's health and not being able to tour, but these are not critical and commercial 'letdowns/failures'.

Sometimes I wonder how these journalists have jobs when they don't do research and have no idea what they're talking about 🤔

22 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Sometimes I think these people writing articles on Revolution Radio have no idea what they are talking about, and just going by what they've 'heard' rather than actual fact. 

Uno, Dos and Tre all have Favorable/Positive reviews (over 60%) on wickopedia based on an average of over 20 reviews each. Uno debuted #1 in 5 countries and top 5-10 in over 20 countries and also was a gold album in 7 countries.  Dos debuted in the top 10 in over 10 countries and Tre in the top 20 in almost 10 countries. They didn't live up to their past album sales, probably largely because of Billie's health and not being able to tour, but these are not critical and commercial 'letdowns/failures'.

Sometimes I wonder how these journalists have jobs when they don't do research and have no idea what they're talking about 🤔

Actually, they are considered critical and commercial failures.  They are the only albums they have produced that are not certified gold or platinum.  Even 1039 is certified gold and Kerplunk is certified platinum.  The reviews were OK at best.  While many bands would be thrilled with the reviews and sales of the trilogy, for a band like GD, they were a commercial failure.  

I personally love them, but I cannot ignore the numbers.    

30 minutes ago, Justin1 said:

Critical failure? Depends on the critic I suppose. But even Billie said all 3 lacked direction.

Commercial Failure? Yup most Definitely a flop.

50 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

(dont take it too serious)

Did you forget that this is GDC where everything is serious?

Green Day resurges as politically inspired band

Green Day’s upcoming album "Revolution Radio" will have a special emphasis on gun violence and the Black Lives Matter movement. The album has sparked interest among OU faculty and students.

http://www.oudaily.com/a_and_e/green-day-resurges-as-politically-inspired-band/article_c1bce006-6ef3-11e6-b570-6302e2452b50.html

1 hour ago, Alan86 said:

Aww Gene Wilder :(

Guys I'm really sorry! To be honest I was having no idea who Gene Wilder was and I only saw him on some random memes. But I just googled it and looked on the thread dedicated to him on GDC and got to know he was a legendary artist. So, I've edited my earlier post.

9 minutes ago, Dakke said:

According to EW, Say Goodbye is going to be the 'hyperpolitical' song on this album. Given that we already know that the title track is going to be political too, I assume Say Goodbye will be something in the vein of Holiday.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/01/green-day-tre-cool-revolution-radio-interview

Great! Billie already stated in RS interview that "Say Goodbye" and "Bang Bang" are the songs from the album that went from metaphor to literal i.e. the former can definitely be a political critique on current happenings. Now I'm really stoked for the album.

13 minutes ago, Siddharth_471 said:

Guys I'm really sorry! To be honest I was having no idea who Gene Wilder was and I only saw him on some random memes. But I just googled it and looked on the thread dedicated to him on GDC and got to know he was a legendary artist. So, I've edited my earlier post.

That's ok, I wasn't complaining. Lots of people use memes with that image of Gene. It's just my first time seeing one used since he passed. At least you kinda found out who he was anyway :)

With a new GD album out next month and this being the month of September, unfortunately, I think there will probably be more wake Billie up when September ends jokes :sick:

• Fuzz locked this topic
  • Fuzz unlocked this topic

Archived