Revolution Radio

Fuzz

2 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Yeah. TT is powerful too

Bang Bang is also reflective as BJ is reflecting on mass shootings in America and TDTD is reflective as he is reflecting on his childhood

I think most of the songs are somewhat powerful, certain songs more so than others. The only song that isn't really powerful at all to me is Ordinary World

You are completely right. But if we look at the BPM of the songs we can pretty much fond the difference.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, End Of The World said:

Just noticed that the album can be divided into two halves:

- The reflective songs

- The powerful songs

It follows a particular structure:

1) Somewhere Now - reflective

2) Bang Bang - powerful

3) Revolution Radio - powerful

4) Say Goodbye - reflective

5) Outlaws - reflective

6) Bouncing Off the Wall - powerful

7) Still Breathing - reflective

8) Youngblood - powerful

9) Too Dumb to Die - powerful

10) Troubled Times - reflective

11) Forever Now - powerful

12) Ordinary World - reflective

The album opens and closes with reflective tracks. It gives RevRad its personal and deep attitude. Hope you agree.

Agree with the most but for me Say Goodbye is surely on one line with Bang Bang or Revolution Radio, powerful, political etc. 

5 minutes ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

waaaaat Somewhere now is one of the best green day tracks written! i 

Yes. My third best opener after Nice Guys Finish Last and Burnout.

I can't believe that these amazing songs comes from a man who said that 99 Revolutions is the best song he has ever written.

I swear that RevRad gets better and better each time I re-listen to it! So much angst, anger, passion, personal reflections, amazing musicianship - everything that makes a great record. I understand people's POV regarding Ordinary World. It would have been nice to see Forever Now as a potential closer, but despite this, I tend to think of Ordinary World as a nice, calm winding-down to a fabulous, powerful album! :lol:

5 hours ago, End Of The World said:

Just noticed that the album can be divided into two halves:

- The reflective songs

- The powerful songs

It follows a particular structure:

1) Somewhere Now - reflective

2) Bang Bang - powerful

3) Revolution Radio - powerful

4) Say Goodbye - reflective

5) Outlaws - reflective

6) Bouncing Off the Wall - powerful

7) Still Breathing - reflective

8) Youngblood - powerful

9) Too Dumb to Die - powerful

10) Troubled Times - reflective

11) Forever Now - powerful

12) Ordinary World - reflective

The album opens and closes with reflective tracks. It gives RevRad its personal and deep attitude. Hope you agree.

I would say "Say Goodbye" is powerful instead of reflective.   A very good summary, great job!

I'd have to say revrad is my 6th favorite album. Behind 39/smooth, kerplunk, nimrod, insomniac, and 21st Century Breakdown.

5 hours ago, Bakabanas said:

I can't believe that these amazing songs comes from a man who said that 99 Revolutions is the best song he has ever written.

He was on pills and alcohol when he said that.  Now that he is sober, except for some prescribed drugs which he does not abuse, he may take that statement back.  Heard he's on trazadone for sleep.  Non addictive but whatever. 

Oh, and I'll go on record as to say my favorite Green Day album is RevRad.  Probably because I played the shite of their other albums over and over and over like a roller coaster.  It's new.  So it's my fav.  Just like your gf you have now, in the present,  she's your favorite.   I'm not comparing her to my prior ex girlfriends even though one of them had great lips or great hips.  I'm in the present.  Although when I'm alone and I'm all by myself and no one is looking, I'm thinking of an ex.  

16 hours ago, Bakabanas said:

"Best song ever written" changes with every album. I would almost go as far as to say that he has one in his pocket for each post AI album to say that about for press instances.

However, his favorite GD song ever has been consistently Letterbomb ever since it existed, so I tend to attribute that song as what's truly at the top in his mind.

43 minutes ago, RougeRogue said:

"Best song ever written" changes with every album. I would almost go as far as to say that he has one in his pocket for each post AI album to say that about for press instances.

However, his favorite GD song ever has been consistently Letterbomb ever since it existed, so I tend to attribute that song as what's truly at the top in his mind.

Have to agree. Letterbomb seems to be his favorite, but I guess favorite songs can change from time to time, it's normal that most recent album is getting most love and hype.

Best or not best, RevRad is anyway something deep and personal. I spent every night of October listening to the full album and I never got bored. I have to thank GD for this album because it characterized my days like no album ever did. And I'm saying it 2 months after its release, when the exciting is over. Now there is the world tour. Hey, ho let's go!

8 hours ago, Bakabanas said:

Have to agree. Letterbomb seems to be his favorite, but I guess favorite songs can change from time to time, it's normal that most recent album is getting most love and hype.

True. His favorite of RevRad is Forever Now and it's really apparent during their live performance that he rocks the heck out of that song.

I feel love in some way for every Green Day song in their catalogue. Can't possibly pick a favorite off of any of their albums actually. Just a great band all around in my eyes. Thought he told somebody that Too Dumb To Die was his favorite from RevRad. He probably just throws songs out there sometimes when getting that question so often.

29 minutes ago, St. Jonny said:

I feel love in some way for every Green Day song in their catalogue. Can't possibly pick a favorite off of any of their albums actually. Just a great band all around in my eyes. Thought he told somebody that Too Dumb To Die was his favorite from RevRad. He probably just throws songs out there sometimes when getting that question so often.

Ouch...love for every song?  WTF?  Most of the trilogy songs don't make any sense lyrics wise.  I love GD but when Billie wasn't thinking too clearly (ativan and alcohol) and writing 40 or so songs - HE, BILLIE, the leader of the band whom tre and mike say yes to (and why not), writes a bunch of songs when their (Billie)  head is cloudy and thinks they are good - ya kinda need a sober person to say 'wait, these lyrics don't make sense, ya just made a rhyme that's catchy'.  My head is cloudy right now so I'll read this post tomorrow and regret it but in the present, it makes sense.  P.S.  Billie sang a song I wrote that made no sense at all and thanked me for it.  I kick ass.  Peace and Love.

Well, you may be right on love for EVERY song, but there are very few I don't have love for. And I still don't mind the songs, they can't all be total winners. Rest, the extra tracks on Kerplunk I don't love, Sweet 16, Christian's Inferno, Makeout Party is ok, Lady Cobra, Angel Blue and Baby Eyes I guess I could live without. That isn't very many considering their catalogue!

Ok I change my mind. Uno,Dos, and Tre are better than Revolution radio. I guess I was so happy there was a new album that I was thinking it was better. But now I believe each of the trilogy albums are better.

The radio announcer said "some are saying revrad is GD's best since dookie or nimrod" - c'mon now how much  are they playing you🤔

7 hours ago, Tinkle said:

The radio announcer said "some are saying revrad is GD's best since dookie or nimrod" - c'mon now how much  are they playing you🤔

We real fans say it's their best since the Sweet Children EP. 

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

I say that Revolution Radio is only better than 1039 and the trilogy.

I agree only because the rest is too hard to rank for me, although I love the sound of 1039 and I don't hate trilogy really, but these are the ones I don't listen to really often

Archived