Revolution Radio

Fuzz

1 minute ago, steve56 said:

As a 20+ year Green Day fan I am sad to say this is the first thing they have ever done that I don't like.    The three songs Bang Bang, Rev Radio, and Still Breathing are cool but the entire rest of the album is a giant waste of time.   No idea what they were thinking with this at all.  By FAR the worst thing they have ever released.    Pre-ordered it obviously to add to the collection but I will just be shelving it when it comes in the mail.    

I'll buy your copy then.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stefano Bras said:

I love Warning so badly but AI, RevRad and 21CB have a warm place in my heart.

P.S You changed your username haha, for a moment I thought someone else had your profile pic.

My goal was to instill fear that someone had stolen my profile pic. :lol:

Still Breathing still gets under my skin in such a crazy way. As different as it is for them, it oddly fits quite well among this collection of songs. Even mid-album, it just hits me every time. It sounds so...full? 

2 hours ago, Marina86 said:

Haven't heard the Album yet, but that line sounds like he copied it straight from Johnny B. Goode

"Who never ever learned to read or write so well
But he could play the guitar just like a ringing a bell"

or may be he referenced it:)

2 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

My goal was to instill fear that someone had stolen my profile pic. :lol:

Still Breathing still gets under my skin in such a crazy way. As different as it is for them, it oddly fits quite well among this collection of songs. Even mid-album, it just hits me every time. It sounds so...full? 

Still Breathing surely feels powerful, like, 21 Guns and WMUWSE kind of powerful; it's probably my favourite off the album alongside Outlaws.

Indeed, I was scared for a second.

I have to say that after hearing Bang Bang and Revolution Radio, my expectations were sky high. Still Breathing is also quite nice, but I kind of missed the typical rolling guitar. Anyway, after my first listen to the rest of the album I was a bit disappointed. It starts to grow on me now, but it still doesn't give me the excitement I got when I first heard American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown.

I can't really rank the albums from 1 to 12. It depends on my mood. But I can divide them into groups as there are albums I always fall back on and some I hardly listen to. So here we go:
1. Group of favourites: Dookie, Nimrod, American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown
2. Group of albums I listen to occasionally: Insomniac, Uno, Dos and Tre
3. Group I albums I hardly listen to: 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, Kerplunk, Warning

Time will tell in which group Revolution Radio will end, but I think if it grows on me a bit more it'll end up in group 1 :)

This music just churns up so much emotion in me. Seriously messing with my cool and making me think way too much about the past and the future. I don't want to feel!

6 minutes ago, Private Ale. said:

or may be he referenced it:)

I'm sure he's aware of it (since it is really obvious) but since I haven't heard anything but the three singles I just hear Johnny B. Goode every single time someone mentions that line ;)Have it stuck in my head again, just writing it :lol:

1. Dookie
2. Nimrod
3. Warning
4. ¡Uno!
5. ¡Tre!
6. Kerplunk
7. Insomniac
8. ¡Dos!
9. 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
10. Revolution Radio
11. American Idiot
12. 21st Century Breakdown.

Also, can we stop saying things like, "Such and such song needs to die" or "This song needs to GO AWAY." Instead of speaking immaturely and dismissively, can we instead say things such as "I'm not a fan of ___" or "I don't think ___ is a good song."

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Also, can we stop saying things like, "Such and such song needs to die" or "This song needs to GO AWAY." Instead of speaking immaturely and dismissively, can we instead say things such as "I'm not a fan of ___" or "I don't think ___ is a good song."

If I say that you'll say I'm a hater.

I don't think Somewhere Now, Bang Bang, Outlaws, Forever Now, Say Goodbye and Troubled Times are good songs. I'm not a fan of RevRad

Somewhere Now and Forever Now are the only songs I really find boring. Everything else sounds great now on third listen :P 

23 minutes ago, steve56 said:

As a 20+ year Green Day fan I am sad to say this is the first thing they have ever done that I don't like.    The three songs Bang Bang, Rev Radio, and Still Breathing are cool but the entire rest of the album is a giant waste of time.   No idea what they were thinking with this at all.  By FAR the worst thing they have ever released.    Pre-ordered it obviously to add to the collection but I will just be shelving it when it comes in the mail.    

I agree with you that this is the absolute worst thing they have ever released. It's utterly disappointing and shockingly bad. I can't believe that I actually prefer Dos :ermm: I had a feeling this album could go either way after the trilogy so I hadn't pre-ordered it and now I've made the decision to not purchase a Green Day album upon its release for the first time in over ten years. I simply would never listen to it. It's just so god awful. At least I'm glad they only played two or three songs from the new album live last night so when I see them in London it will still be great. 

I guess I get the "cello over the rainbow" thing if he's on about being stoned but I'll never get this image out of my head

qF7u9uY.jpg

1 minute ago, Maria Gloria said:

I guess I get the "cello over the rainbow" thing if he's on about being stoned but I'll never get this image out of my head

Spoiler

qF7u9uY.jpg

BAHAHA  This image will forever be ingrained in my head.  Just like the laser nipples :lol:

Just now, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

I agree with you that this is the absolute worst thing they have ever released. It's utterly disappointing and shockingly bad. I can't believe that I actually prefer Dos :ermm: I had a feeling this album could go either way after the trilogy so I hadn't pre-ordered it and now I've made the decision to not purchase a Green Day album upon its release for the first time in over ten years. I simply would never listen to it. It's just so god awful. At least I'm glad they only played two or three songs from the new album live last night so when I see them in London it will still be great. 

You may be shit out of luck with that to be quite honest. The album will be out and in full swing meaning they'll more likely drop some newer songs into the setlist by the time that rolls around. I hope they chuck 5 or 6 in especially for you :)

4 minutes ago, petros said:

Somewhere Now and Forever Now are the only songs I really find boring. Everything else sounds great now on third listen :P 

It's weird you find the most thought out and interesting songs to be the most boring. Do you have a short attention span by any chance?

21 has recently fallen much lower for me and Revolution Radio has yet to grow on me. So this is my order as of now:

1. American Idiot - The best sounding, most consistent album of theirs, it got me into the band, etc etc.

2. Insomniac - This always gets overshadowed by Dookie, which is a shame because I think it's just as deserving of the praise. It's just faster and angrier. In a sense, it's like Green Day's Pinkerton.

3. Nimrod - Technically it's not great as an album, but it's got many great songs which makes it more enjoyable to me than most of their other releases. I also like the experimentation which paved the way for their 2000s output.

4. Dookie - Enough has been said about this.

5. Kerplunk - Huge improvement on the music of 1039 in every way. Consistent quality.

6. Warning - A bit boring for me, although I appreciate some of the instrumentation.

7. 21st Century Breakdown - This album still has some of my favorite Green Day songs and Billie gives a great vocal performance and the heavy sound is great but it has more filler than I recalled and it's thematically pretentious.

8. Dos - The best, most cohesive and most consistent of the trilogy. I actually enjoy the guitar and vocal sounds on this because I think they are fitting to this set of songs.

9. Revolution Radio - Mixed bag, inconsistent.

10. Uno - Meh.

11. Tre - Meh.

12. - 39/Smooth - It was their first album and understandably they needed time to grow musically and Billie needed to tweak his lyrical skills.

5 minutes ago, Platypus2000 said:

You may be shit out of luck with that to be quite honest. The album will be out and in full swing meaning they'll more likely drop some newer songs into the setlist by the time that rolls around. I hope they chuck 5 or 6 in especially for you :)

Oh you mean like the way they did with the trilogy?  Thirty something songs and they played how many every night?  :lol: You underestimate the band's lack of originality when it comes to setlists. I'm fairly certain it's all good :lol:

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter. said:

21 has recently fallen much lower for me and Revolution Radio has yet to grow on me. So this is my order as of now:

What's 21?

11 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

I would get or at least accept all the lyrics if he was just singing about being high/stoned or high while writing the lyrics like the trilogy...hell then I could probably just find the lyrics amusing like some of the silly trilogy lyrics :happy: 

Just now, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Oh you mean like the way they did with the trilogy?  Thirty something songs and they played how many every night?

Yeah but it was obvious they didn't believe in the trilogy. Those albums were like "let's push as much music as we can out to give them something to hold on to for the next 4 years". 

Hoping the new excitement for this record has an influence on the setlist. Some of these songs are screaming to be played live.

1. AI 

2. Revolution Radio

3. Insomniac 

4. Warning 

5. 21CB

6. Trilogy 

7. Dookie 

8. Nimrod 

9. Kerplunk 

10. 1039

I'll have to give it some time, but RevRad might even steal sneak into the top spot.....although I'll never form the same teenage emotional attachment to RevRad like I did with AI.

1 minute ago, .Holly said:

1. AI 

2. Revolution Radio

3. Insomniac 

4. Warning 

5. 21CB

6. Trilogy 

7. Dookie 

8. Nimrod 

9. Kerplunk 

10. 1039

I'll have to give it some time, but RevRad might even steal sneak into the top spot.....although I'll never form the same teenage emotional attachment to RevRad like I did with AI.

Finally someone who doesn't rate Dookie that highly. Nice to see some love for Insomniac around here too.

1 hour ago, Kaddi. said:

I've never been stoned, so maybe that's why I don't know what feeling like a cello is like then? :P

I can totally relate to this lyric. I've felt some fucking weird things whilst stoned. :P

Archived