New song "Bang Bang" coming August 11th

XxXxXxXxX

American Idiot promotion was a bit similar to this. They did some interviews before the album was released, so I'm sure that's a possibility. What I think is happening is basically they're hoping the song spreads on its own, that'll get people excited for a new album and that's when all the press reviews and everything start coming out over the next couple months.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Maid Meringue said:

Maybe they're also not super concerned with exposure and would rather solidify bonds to the fans they already have, rather than focusing on making new ones.

Maybe Green Day isn't (that's sort of confirmed by the fact that Billie Joe seems to think announcing stuff on Instagram in the middle of the night is a good idea). But I bet their label is pretty concerned about reaching more people.

8 minutes ago, XPursuitOfEpicnessX said:

Maybe they're saving all their promotion money for right after the single to promote the album?

I can see that. I feel like casual fans wouldn't react well to "Listen to a new Green Day song!....... on August 11th." As soon as they realized they couldn't listen to it at that instant, it would exit their brain and they'd move on. Might as well promote the hell out of it when there's actually something there for the audience to consume.

Man I wish I was around for AI release. I was 14 and got into them a few months after it came out.

From what I understand though it was pretty special because that album took off like wild fire.

4 minutes ago, Andres said:

American Idiot promotion was a bit similar to this. They did some interviews before the album was released, so I'm sure that's a possibility. What I think is happening is basically they're hoping the song spreads on its own, that'll get people excited for a new album and that's when all the press reviews and everything start coming out over the next couple months.

WB did more promotion for the trilogy than I've ever seen. They had songs being used in CSI New York and fucking put Billie on The Voice.  Epic fail all around.  No wonder they're doing the opposite this time.

Just now, M1KEY said:

WB did more promotion for the trilogy than I've ever seen. They had songs being used in CSI New York and fucking put Billie on The Voice.  Epic fail all around.  No wonder they're doi g the opposite this time.

Epic fail? The promo didn't fail because of their outreach methods, we all know that. But, there's a thread for this discussion so I won't continue.

3 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

WB did more promotion for the trilogy than I've ever seen. They had songs being used in CSI New York and fucking put Billie on The Voice.  Epic fail all around.  No wonder they're doing the opposite this time.

I am sure more to come after Thursday

1 minute ago, Andres said:

Maybe Green Day isn't (that's sort of confirmed by the fact that Billie Joe seems to think announcing stuff on Instagram in the middle of the night is a good idea). But I bet their label is pretty concerned about reaching more people.

If they are, they sure don't act like it. 

Maybe they need me to run their social media accounts, GD.com and Idiot Nation including contests and other exclusive shit they promise but don't dont do.

1 minute ago, M1KEY said:

True. I'd much rather have this.

1 minute ago, Andres said:

I agree!

I don't remember if I dreamed this or not (I've been sick), but did someone mention the new album being distributed by Adeline? If so, would that mean Warner is not in charge of promoting it?

1 minute ago, Josh100_3 said:

Man I wish I was around for AI release. I was 14 and got into them a few months after it came out.

From what I understand though it was pretty special because that album took off like wild fire.

I remember GDA had American Idiot, Letterbomb, and Give Me Novacaine streaming on the site before the album came out.  And of course the whole album leaked online well before the release.

3 minutes ago, Maid Meringue said:

I agree!

I don't remember if I dreamed this or not (I've been sick), but did someone mention the new album being distributed by Adeline? If so, would that mean Warner is not in charge of promoting it?

That was a fake "press release" somebody posted here. :D

Well, hopefully they promote this when the single drops. Something tells me if they are gonna have a huge comeback, it's gonna be with this album. The promotion for the trilogy was handled well up until Uno dropped, hopefully this is similar. 

2 minutes ago, M1KEY said:

I remember GDA had American Idiot, Letterbomb, and Give Me Novacaine streaming on the site before the album came out.  And of course the whole album leaked online well before the release.

It leaked September 11th. I remember our old webmaster making a terrible joke about it. 

Just now, Billie Hoe said:

That was a fake "press release" somebody posted here. :D

Ah, that's shitty. It would have explained a lot though.

4 minutes ago, Maid Meringue said:

I agree!

It was posted yesterday or a couple days ago by someone who said their boss got this info. However, the story was that the physical CD would be distributed by Adeline, vinyl and digital by Warner. No one knows if any of that is true. Seems unlikely though.

2 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Epic fail? The promo didn't fail because of their outreach methods, we all know that. But, there's a thread for this discussion so I won't continue.

I don't think I'm off topic, we're comparing promo between the current music and what was done in the past.  And it did fail, you can't blame rehab when that happened like 2 days before UNO was released.  If all that promo had worked I'm sure the album would have gone platinum, but it really, really didn't.

Getting back to now, I've said before that with the success in recent years of surprise albums I'm not surprised they've been so quiet about everything, and I was actually surprised to hear there would be a lead single, I almost expected a surprise album release.

5 minutes ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

If they are, they sure don't act like it. 

Maybe they need me to run their social media accounts, GD.com and Idiot Nation including contests and other exclusive shit they promise but don't dont do.

They really do need help running those things. They don't seem to have people on their team who really appreciate how valuable those things are. I'm sure someone at Warner has to have had this conversation with them.

7 minutes ago, Andres said:

They really do need help running those things. They don't seem to have people on their team who really appreciate how valuable those things are. I'm sure someone at Warner has to have had this conversation with them.

That is my calling. I'm studying this shit, they need to let me do it :D that would be a dream. Maybe they will hire me as their intern :P

LOL Green Day's FB cover photo is still heart like a hand grenade. Jeez

In other news, a friend that listened to it today said it was amazing and that the clip that was going around is definitely fake

Just now, **nobodylikesyou** said:

In other news, a friend that listened to it today said it was amazing and that the clip that was going around is definitely fake

A FRIEND THAT LISTENED TO IT???

6 minutes ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

I was JUST reading his post. His post appears to be intentionally public so I'd be OK sharing his comments here. I won't mention his name though.

"Just listened to "Bang Bang". I can confirm it is AWESOME! I can also confirm the alleged clip making the rounds is indeed fake."

"It is an aggressive song; fast and loose, yet modern. At least to me it feels very modern. I think people expecting old Green Day will have to adjust their expectations a little bit. It is also a bit exotic, a hint of Peacemaker in there."

"Song length is 3:25."

"It is faster than anything on Warning. If I had to put it in an album I'd probably go with the trilogy. Probably, ¡DOS!; but it could very well be in AI or 21CB for sure. It feels like the right next step (evolution-wise) for the sound they've been developing."

"Very political. It is definitely a protest/social commentary song and a product of the times. Think American Idiot or 21CBreakdown in that regard."

• Second favourite son locked this topic

Archived