New song "Bang Bang" coming August 11th

XxXxXxXxX

6 minutes ago, SomeNimrod97 said:

It's Saturday. That's going from 0 degrees. We'll likely not hear anything apart from maybe Tré posting another time lapse rehearsal video.

We can hold out hope that tonight Tre is 3 glasses of wine away from posting the leak. I've seen him slam his head against drum sets on Letterman about two dozen times. Maybe that screw loose will finally pop out and he'll be the one to give it to us!

In all seriousness, for all of Tre's wacky public behavior over the years, his Instagram, etc. have been ridiculously normal and thoughtful ever since he started doing the social media thing. And his writing skills are better than I expected as well. When I finally met him back in '09 I expected him to be the on stage/ camera cartoon type persona he's always been. He was a completely normal, thoughtful, and surprisingly intelligent guy. I was impressed and while I had always been a huge fan, I immediately had an enormous amount of respect for the guy I had never had before. Like Billie sang in Walking Contradiction, that night I realized he was a "smartass...playing dumb"

Anyway- the countdown continues.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TimmyChunks said:

We can hold out hope that tonight Tre is 3 glasses of wine away from posting the leak. I've seen him slam his head against drum sets on Letterman about two dozen times. Maybe that screw loose will finally pop out and he'll be the one to give it to us!

In all seriousness, for all of Tre's wacky public behavior over the years, his Instagram, etc. have been ridiculously normal and thoughtful ever since he started doing the social media thing. And his writing skills are better than I expected as well. When I finally met him back in '09 I expected him to be the on stage/ camera cartoon type persona he's always been. He was a completely normal, thoughtful, and surprisingly intelligent guy. I was impressed and while I had always been a huge fan, I immediately had an enormous amount of respect for the guy I had never had before. Like Billie sang in Walking Contradiction, that night I realized he was a "smartass...playing dumb"

Anyway- the countdown continues.

I have noticed that will all of the members. I think it is just their whole stage persona. You see Mike running around stage screaming Fuck Yeah and making all these weird faces and what not, yet he is back home selling Organic Coffee. Billie is calling people motherfuckers and showing his ass to thousands of people, yet at home he is playing piano with his dog. All of these guys are just great performers, but even better people.

I don't think I have ever said anything this nice about Green Day on here, so no one get used to this. I think because we are so close to the single, I am just overall a lot happier. So if this does turn out to be a side project thing which i HIGHLY doubt, then prepare yourselves, I will be pissed

Ugh so technically it's like 5 more days. It's too long man. I tried to pass the time by learning some Green Day on guitar. I learned Brain Stew, it took me five minutes lmao

21 minutes ago, Andres said:

A week ago we knew nothing. So, I think we got more than we expected within that time frame. I'll still give the user a point.

LOL.

why does anyone think they are releasing a side project? I can't even imagine the line of thought there. Because of the #mynewband?  Did you pay attention to what BJA said when he posted that hashtag?   SMH

If it was a side project album anywhere near the quality of Stop Drop and Roll, I'd prefer it over a Green Day release.

16 minutes ago, **nobodylikesyou** said:

why does anyone think they are releasing a side project? I can't even imagine the line of thought there. Because of the #mynewband?  Did you pay attention to what BJA said when he posted that hashtag?   SMH

Of course not! People see a hashtag and let their imaginations go free! 

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, ZSebs said:

I have noticed that will all of the members. I think it is just their whole stage persona. You see Mike running around stage screaming Fuck Yeah and making all these weird faces and what not, yet he is back home selling Organic Coffee. Billie is calling people motherfuckers and showing his ass to thousands of people, yet at home he is playing piano with his dog. All of these guys are just great performers, but even better people.

I don't think I have ever said anything this nice about Green Day on here, so no one get used to this. I think because we are so close to the single, I am just overall a lot happier. So if this does turn out to be a side project thing which i HIGHLY doubt, then prepare yourselves, I will be pissed

Agreed. I met Mike and Billie the same day as well (not in a group setting, but in a very small meeting). Both were so down to earth it caught me off guard. I expected them to be like their on stage personas and they were like, "hey, what's your name, what do you do? you like our music, great, isn't this a nice day"? Maybe it was small talk since they meet so many strangers and run out of things to say or talk about...but I was shocked at how genuinely normal they were. I was a huge fan before, but afterwards I felt like they were even more relatable.

I always imagined meeting Billie would go more along the lines of:

me: Hey, Billie!

Billie: HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYOOOOOOOO!

Whatever happens with this new album...I just hope we get a new kinky song. #BloodSexAndBooze4Life

What a sad day for GDC, not even an instagram pic or something.

1 hour ago, jordanlolss said:

Lmao thanks for the laugh :lol:

Well, I had some time on my hands, so I decided to take the time to upload the Today Show's very brief mention of "Bang Bang" - which took place on the morning of August 4th. For the sake of making this small contribution to the online archive of Green Day, I sat through 30 excruciating minutes of the Today Show - I'm not so certain that it was worth it.

You're welcome?

So, if it's the song is going to leak before 11th, are you going to listen to it or wait until the official release?

6 hours ago, ryan1039 said:

So, of all the conspiracy theories over the years, have any panned out to be true?

Well:  the network ARE green day in disguise ;)

3 hours ago, jordanlolss said:

XD awesome

3 hours ago, TimmyChunks said:

Agreed. I met Mike and Billie the same day as well (not in a group setting, but in a very small meeting). Both were so down to earth it caught me off guard. I expected them to be like their on stage personas and they were like, "hey, what's your name, what do you do? you like our music, great, isn't this a nice day"? Maybe it was small talk since they meet so many strangers and run out of things to say or talk about...but I was shocked at how genuinely normal they were. I was a huge fan before, but afterwards I felt like they were even more relatable.

Same here, I met them 11 years ago. Only really talked to Billie tho. He was very friendly, talkative and sweet. The other guys were cool and down to earth aswell but I kinda expected Billie to be rude. Dont know why.

They were chatty, but they sure got routine aswell

I think we won't be hearing many trilogy songs on the setlist for the next tour . If Bang Bang really does sound like old school then they should complement that with more from kerplunk etc :).

1 hour ago, ElectricBlue said:

I think we won't be hearing many trilogy songs on the setlist for the next tour . If Bang Bang really does sound like old school then they should complement that with more from kerplunk etc :).

Well, in the way of sound I'm hoping for the old guitar sound of the pre-trilogy albums and it would be awesome to hear some Kerplunk to complement it. However, if they keep the trilogy guitar sound in, I wouldn't be surprised if they try and push out some more trilogy stuff next tour that they didn't play last time.

Billie said via instagram that the band GREEN DAY is releasing a new single on August, 11th.

I also think GREEN DAY is not releasing a single. Sure it's a side project. :D:D 

3 hours ago, Cheap Escape said:

Well, I had some time on my hands, so I decided to take the time to upload the Today Show's very brief mention of "Bang Bang" - which took place on the morning of August 4th. For the sake of making this small contribution to the online archive of Green Day, I sat through 30 excruciating minutes of the Today Show - I'm not so certain that it was worth

Was it the same tv show they played on the rooftop.

2 hours ago, sampy said:

So, if it's the song is going to leak before 11th, are you going to listen to it or wait until the official release?

Official release for me.

Somehow it is apparent this was a week before iHeart. Looking back at that time, it was painfully clear Billie wasn't exactly in his best form, particularly compared with their HoF performance.

Well he's not going to put on as good a performance on early morning tv as on one of the most important nights of their lives being inducted into the HoF whatever the circumstances :P

28 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Well he's not going to put on as good a performance on early morning tv as on one of the most important nights of their lives being inducted into the HoF whatever the circumstances :P

True, but he didn't look too great back then, even if it was only GMA.

• Second favourite son locked this topic

Archived