Green Day started rehearsing for upcoming tour

Sanity Loan

Maybe "One Week" was accurate, at least for some kind of official news..!

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

I think a tour could be coming later this year still (just kinda basing that off Jason's comments, just slightly delayed).

Wouldn't starting much later than say, October, push it too close to Christmas? Could they fit a whole leg of a tour in that time, or would they split it? 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

Do they usually announcement an album before or after doing secret shows?

If I remember correctly they played shows with new songs while still working on the three albums. It was something they didn't do before. So, idk.

1 minute ago, SamJam98 said:

Wouldn't starting much later than say, October, push it too close to Christmas? Could they fit a whole leg of a tour in that time, or would they split it? 

I think they would split it.

4 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Do they usually announcement an album before or after doing secret shows?

They haven't really ever done secret shows in a set way. They did them really early/before an announcement last time but that was because they were trying out their special debuting new songs live before they'd finished the albums thing. For 21st CB I don't think they had secret shows as such, just some small warm up shows after the announcement, around the time the album was coming out. So can't really predict a timeline.

4 minutes ago, SamJam98 said:

Maybe "One Week" was accurate, at least for some kind of official news..!

They'd split it. Maybe some part of the country around the album release. Or they could wait till next year. Just doing TV and promo around the time of album release. Promo could include a handful of venues that are filmed for TV and web (like the shows they did at Fox Theater (for Comcast), and the MySpace/VH1/MTV shows they've done in the past)

There definitely not doing that this time around though.

Yeah I doubt that'll happen to. They seem to want to keep things much more closely this time around.

Fuck, now I wish I lived in the Bay Area too. I already envy those of you who will get to hear those new songs live first. Why didn't my family immigrate into the US generations ago :P 

I could see them dropping a single, then doing a round of small, one-off shows once people have had some time to digest it.

There definitely not doing that this time around though.

You don't know that for sure. Tour rehearsal could mean including some small shows first.

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

They'd split it. Maybe some part of the country around the album release. Or they could wait till next year. Just doing TV and promo around the time of album release. 

I'm hoping this, I'd be more than happy just to see them doing that stuff for a while and have extra time to save up for a tour. Plus I'd prefer if it was in spring/summer rather than winter :P 

About Jeff... do you guys think Billie murdered him for spilling the beans before or after the picture was deleted? 

15 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Someone do a livestream of that rehearsal

As long as it's not the Hall Of Fame guy.

Just now, Libertine Angel said:

What's the story behind that?

Hi everybody. I'm new here. I was just thinking that maybe the are reharsing for a coupal of shows soon. I was thinking they might open for Guns N' Roses at Doger Stadium. They haven't announced he opener for that show yet and they have been having pretty big names open for them this tour. Also Green Day has some history with Guns 

1 minute ago, Libertine Angel said:

How dare you speak of heroes like that.

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

About Jeff... do you guys think Billie murdered him for spilling the beans before or after the picture was deleted? 

Yes and the album released after this one will be called "Prison Idiot".

2 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

Hi everybody. I'm new here. I was just thinking that maybe the are reharsing for a coupal of shows soon. I was thinking they might open for Guns N' Roses at Doger Stadium. They haven't announced he opener for that show yet and they have been having pretty big names open for them this tour. Also Green Day has some history with Guns 

Uh... when was the last time Green Day opened for anybody... Bad Religion around the time Dookie came out?

2 minutes ago, yesfan18 said:

Just wanted to say that I love your username. Yes is a great prog outfit. Welcome!

2 minutes ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

The stream broke and the camera spun round to the guy streaming it, it became a GDC legend.

I say this, due to timezones I wasn't even online when it happened.

3 minutes ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

i'll pm you

3 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

I think Billie allowed him to post this... They all are just playing with us :P

Well this is exciting!

I also don't reckon they'll be doing a massive world tour (or whatever it was called) starting in September.  They might be going round the world though, doing chat shows like Graham Norton and its international equivalents as album promotion.  Most likely the main big tour won't be happening until the new year, though it's likely that some stuff will go on in the US in the aftermath of the release.  That all depends on the release date though, which we don't know yet.

Just now, Jake69 said:

I don't Jeff needs permission from Billie to post on social media lol

Yeah but it's Band related stuff :P I think Billie likes to be in control of those things.

3 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

I think Billie allowed him to post this... They all are just playing with us :P

Why did he delete it then? Did he forget a filter? :ermm:

I told myself I wouldn't get hyped because my newly broke college student ass can't afford tickets but I'm hyped. Really looking forward to some new tunes :happy: 

• Sarcasm pinned this topic
  • Lone locked and unlocked this topic
  • Lone locked this topic

Archived