Trilogy Discussion

13 minutes ago, inthehallwaynow said:

I had this whole big essay typed out but decided to forget it cause at the end of the day its not my job to make other people agree with me and i would just be a dick to even try that. What kind of music you like is up to you and thats why its special.. everyone can like what they like no matter how angry i get at the thought of people saying they didnt like American Idiot or 21st century breakdown. Uno was my least favorite there are some songs I like on there but not many. Funny thing is my favorite trilogy album is Dos which is most peoples least favorite I can listen to all the songs without a skip actually haha not sure why but the cd is fucking killer. Tre is pretty good its my second favorite of the trilogy Brutal love played and I was like holy shit this cd is gonna be fucking spectacular, most of it is really good Id say its more the direction they should have gone after 21st century if it had more distortion and less Billie backing vocals. I dont like the songs X-Kid/Amanda/99 Rev/The Forgotten. maybe a nimrod length cd would have been more appropriate im not sure but this is just my take on it. I have times where i get back into the trilogy songs but i definitely listen to everything else in the catalog way more than the trilogy.

Nicely stated my friend.  You have hit on exactly what bothers me.  I don't care what anyone else likes, I like what I like and everyone else is entitled to like what they like.  I don't have a problem discussing differences of opinion, but when someone just blatantly posts "the trilogy sucks", it gets a bit on the annoying side.  Tell me why you don't like it and we

can talk about it.    

I actually think all the "trilogy sucks" talk has made me like it more:lol:

• Like 3

Again the trilogy wasn't overproduced If the trilogy is overproduced then Dookienis beyond produced... People really need to learn what overproduce actually means...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I doubt that we would ever agree on filler tracks.

Which ones do you disagree on and which do you think should be added?

10 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Uno Filler tracks: 

Fell For You

Angel Blue

Sweet 16

Dos Filler tracks:

See You Tonight 

Makeout Party

Ashely

Lady Cobra 

Nightlife 

Tre Filler tracks:

Drama Queen 

Sex, Drugs, and Violence 

Little Boy Named Train

99 Revolutions 

Don't take offence but I am so over talking about the trilogy - Im not going to bother about what I like or dislike but just on your list

Makeout party, ashley, sex drugs violence, little boy named train OUT.

35 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Uno Filler tracks: 

Fell For You

Angel Blue

Sweet 16

Dos Filler tracks:

See You Tonight 

Makeout Party

Ashely

Lady Cobra 

Nightlife 

Tre Filler tracks:

Drama Queen 

Sex, Drugs, and Violence 

Little Boy Named Train

99 Revolutions 

Nightlife hate yikes...

18 hours ago, Z J said:

D:

"Where in the world’s the forgotten?
They’re lost inside your memory
You’re dragging on, your heart’s been broken
As we all go down in history"

Alright, there's what I am going to consider evidence of cliche, lazy, or subpar lyricism in the trilogy.

I can see how some of the lyrics you mentioned may not be the most inspired, but I don't see anything wrong, subpar, or lazy about the verse quoted above...

36 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Which ones do you disagree on and which do you think should be added?

I'll bite.  Fell for you and nightlife are two of my favorite tracks.  Both are just so much fun.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I'll bite.  Fell for you and nightlife are two of my favorite tracks.  Both are just so much fun.  

Fell for you is just the same 2 chords over and over again. It gets really repetitive. And for nightlife, I hate Lady Cobra's raping.  

10 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Fell for you is just the same 2 chords over and over again. 

A lot of early Green Day is the same way though. Most of 39/Smooth isn't a whole lot better than "Fell For You" imo ("At the Library", "Disappearing Boy", "Going to Pasalacqua", and "Rest" excluded as I think those are the most worthy songs).

1 minute ago, Sarcasm said:

but 2 chords doesn't automatically make a song shit.

But for this song it does imo

5 minutes ago, velvetgrass said:

A lot of early Green Day is the same way though. "Fell For You" isn't a whole lot better than most of 39/Smooth imo ("At the Library", "Disappearing Boy", "Going to Pasalacqua", and "Rest" excluded as I think those are the most worthy songs).

Well I hate the 39 smooth album so...

34 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Fell for you is just the same 2 chords over and over again. It gets really repetitive. And for nightlife, I hate Lady Cobra's raping.  

It's actually 4 chords, but who's counting.  Yes, it is a simple song but as was already said, that doesn't make it bad.  IT is not earth shattering, but I find it to be just plain fun.  It comes on and I want to just sing along with it.  Nightlife is just pure fun as well. Maybe you will like it better when I get pulled on stage to sing the lady cobra part

• Like 1

Just now, JJ1964 said:

It's actually 4 chords, but who's counting.  Yes, it is a simple song but as was already said, that doesn't make it bad.  IT is not earth shattering, but I find it to be just plain fun.  It comes on and I want to just sing along with it.  Nightlife is just pure fun as well. Maybe you will like it better when I get pulled on stage to sing the lady cobra part

Exactly what bj was aiming for but unfortunately it was taken too seriously;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Gottta love when they bring up "it's too simple"

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong, I do like the song. I like every song on the trilogy but fell for you is probably my least favorite on uno. Doesn't mean I hate it. 

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

Don't get me wrong, I do like the song. I like every song on the trilogy but fell for you is probably my least favorite on uno. Doesn't mean I hate it. 

So you like this better

Hey!
I like your BMW
I like your BM-excellent tits
With a tattoo of a pig sniffing glue

- this is why we will never agree

1 minute ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

So you like this better

Hey!
I like your BMW
I like your BM-excellent tits
With a tattoo of a pig sniffing glue

- this is why we will never agree

I guess so.

Yes the lyrics aren't very good but I really like the guitar riff and the guitar solo. Nothing really stands out to me in fell for you.

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

That would be 1039

Well, you kinda have to give them a pass for that.

3 minutes ago, Eric said:

One of the Best they've ever made*

You can't actually think that.

1 minute ago, Jake69 said:

You can't actually think that.

Sorry I am not close minded and like when they do something different. Not everything has to be so serious in their lyrics and its fun. I rather play that than the entire 1039

Just now, Eric said:

Sorry I am not close minded and like when they do something different. Not everything has to be so serious in their lyrics and its fun. I rather play that than the entire 1039

But do you think it's their best song?

3 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

But do you think it's their best song?

I said one of. There is too many good Green Day songs so it's kinda hard to place it at the very top. But I enjoyed it and it seems to make GDC mad :P 

14 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

I do give them a pass.  It did show the potential that was there.  But, the only song I will listen to is 16