Trilogy Discussion

This a topic to talk about everything trilogy related. Since the Green Day in the studio 2016 topic got closed for to much trilogy discussion, this is the topic were you talk about the trilogy. No more trilogy talk on other threads. 

Can't wait for some of the haters to ruin this!

Tell everyone in this thread on how much it sucks and how you still need to remind us 4 years later.

• Like 2

The only things I saw wrong with the Trilogy were the fact that the lyrics were mostly shite and half-arsed and that the supposedly "Clean, Stripped-down" sound they were going for sounded to bare, as well as Billie's vocals being ruined by the numerous effects (not falling into the old filters trap) added to them and making them sound really flat and dull. If they ditched a few tracks to make no more than a double album, left Billie's vocals alone and stuck some distortion and drive on the guitars, it would have worked for me. Plus, Sam Bayer shouldn't have directed the video for Oh Love since it might fit the song but the video is just a bit awful IMO and a better job could have been done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Van Winkle said:

I've been wondering why they never played Dirty Rotten Bastards live since Billie Joe himself said that it was written as an arena sing along type song

I think he was asked (or someone was asked) & they said nobody would know it.

3 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I think he was asked (or someone was asked) & they said nobody would know it.

More people would know DRB than half of ¡Dos!, so I don't see why they didn't give it a shot. Plus, this is probably an unpopular opinion but I actually thought DRB was one of the best written songs on the Trilogy, even if it goes against the flow of the rest of the album of the 3 which I came from.

• Like 2

Just now, SomeNimrod97 said:

More people would know DRB than half of ¡Dos!, so I don't see why they didn't give it a shot. Plus, this is probably an unpopular opinion but I actually thought DRB was one of the best written songs on the Trilogy, even if it goes against the flow of the rest of the album of the 3 which I came from.

You have to remember that the trilogy didnt get much promotion.  If they are going to use DRB as a stadium sing a long there is a big chance it would flop.  Everyone that goes to a GD concert is not like us:lol:

13 minutes ago, Joe Van Winkle said:

I've been wondering why they never played Dirty Rotten Bastards live since Billie Joe himself said that it was written as an arena sing along type song

I believe my friend from down under is wrong, as usual. I believe what Billie said was that it was not ready to be performed live.

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I believe my friend from down under is wrong, as usual. I believe what Billie said was that it was not ready to be performed live.

OK but still it doesn't matter as it will never see the light of day:)- I still love you.

• Like 1

Just now, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

OK but still it doesn't matter as it will never see the light of day:)- I still love you.

But I want it too :mad:

Just now, JJ1964 said:

But I want it too :mad:

Just answer my other question - I have things to do.

Just now, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Just answer my other question - I have things to do.

That is not a nice way to ask. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Joe Van Winkle said:

Along with the other replies, I think that DRB may be tried out as a song on the next tour, along with other trilogy songs. I only say this because along with the typical hits and songs from the new albums, they always seem to sprinkle in a few older or lesser known songs. I think it is possible that songs like DRB and Troublemaker and Missing You could definitely be played more. (I know Missing You was performed quite a few times but that didn't happen until halfway into the tour)

• Like 2

Just now, Jake69 said:

I don't think they will play troublemaker live. It's one of the weaker songs on the trilogy.

It is a fairly short song and catchy. I was just throwing out possibilities anyway. For all I know, they could play Makeout Party, Little Boy Named Train, and Sweet 16

• Like 1

Did Amanda get played much on the trilogy tour? I'd like that one live probably

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

I don't think it was played live at all.

1 minute ago, _•Whatsername•_ said:

I like the Trilogy. I wouldn't say it's one of their best records but there are some really cool songs on Uno, Dos and Tre. I don't understand why many people hate it. Yeah, one can disagree and dislike it, but HATE is too much. 

It seems like most people believe that if Green Day had made one album that contained the best songs from Uno, Dos, and Tre, then the album wouldn't have been bad at all. Also, the lyrics were sort of weak and the production of the songs were too much. Honestly, I liked the trilogy and I still listen to the albums all the way through from time to time.

Just now, walking_c0ntradicti0n said:

It was played during the small shows they did before the album release, but not afterwards.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, _•Whatsername•_ said:

I like the Trilogy. I wouldn't say it's one of their best records but there are some really cool songs on Uno, Dos and Tre. I don't understand why many people hate it. Yeah, one can disagree and dislike it, but HATE is too much. 

enter @Z J

13 minutes ago, ZSebs said:

For all I know, they could play Makeout Party, Little Boy Named Train, and Sweet 16

oh please god no

9 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

I would like to hear 8th avenue serenade played live. I just really like that song.

this I can get on with. Very Beatles-y sound I've always liked 

3 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

enter @Z J

I tried to retire from this business 

• Like 2