wondering about the cover art for new Green Day album

Alf

8 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I want my first listen of the new album to be when I have the physical copy in my hands.

Then I will let you know how great it is.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

Then I will let you know how great it is.

Dont you dare - I don't want to hear anything & besides we get it first remember:)

Also I don't mean the first single - I mean the album in entirety.  I love looking at the lyrics etc whilst I listen.

I hope the next album cover is simple but effective, kinda like american idiot. I love the cover art for dookie and insomniac, but i feel like the highly detailed stuff doesn't fit them anymore. I  dunno if a band photo would make a good cover, the cover of warning wasn't anything special and had nothing to do with the album.

8 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Dont you dare - I don't want to hear anything & besides we get it first remember:)

Also I don't mean the first single - I mean the album in entirety.  I love looking at the lyrics etc whilst I listen.

You will be the last if you wait to hold it in your old hands

14 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

You will be the last if you wait to hold it in your old hands

So exactly how do you think it will drop then - I picked UNO up as soon as the record store opened.

2 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

So exactly how do you think it will drop then - I picked UNO up as soon as the record store opened.

I would imagine they will release a single before the album release.  So there will be something before a physical copy is available.  I could be wrong though 

Just now, JJ1964 said:

I would imagine they will release a single before the album release.  So there will be something before a physical copy is available.  I could be wrong though 

Yeah I will listen to the single - but I enjoy looking at the lyrics & touching it:ga:

1 minute ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Yeah I will listen to the single - but I enjoy looking at the lyrics & touching it:ga:

That visual is disturbing

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

That visual is disturbing

Im laughing so hard - I have a slow day as you know.

On 7/20/2016 at 5:30 PM, MysticManiac said:

Most of the time when there are people in the covers of their albums, they're white. Like 21CB, Uno/Dos/Tré, the arm in AI, Warning and 1,039 are in black and white completely, Nimrod, Shenanigans, Kerplunk. That might be the case for the next album too

Weird!  I've never noticed this but you're right.  Except for Dookie and Insomniac which had flesh colored folk, nearly every release has 'white' people on them.   Every studio Green Day album has had a person on the cover.  Huh.  I just hope it's not a bland, boring cover.  So many bands now are doing solid white album covers (Third Eye Blind, U2, Blink-182) or just bad ones (Good Charlotte).  I want a booklet instead of a poster style lyric sheet.  I HATE those big fold out ones that feel like your in the 80s trying to use a map and drive at the same time.   Booklet.  Give us booklet.     

• 2 weeks later...

So Ihavethisusername mentioned on reddit that Frank Maddocks is making the album art. He also mentioned that this looks to be related

I really liked the artwork for Demolicious. And I think the new album might sound more like Demolicious than the trilogy which would be better

1 hour ago, XxXxXxXxX said:

So Ihavethisusername mentioned on reddit that Frank Maddocks is making the album art. He also mentioned that this looks to be related

On the picture left below there are ''DIO'' and ''RA''... maybe Radio? and the eye upper right seems like it's Billies

1 hour ago, the devil in my heart said:

On the picture left below there are ''DIO'' and ''RA''... maybe Radio? and the eye upper right seems like it's Billies

It does look like Billie a bit... It would be amazing if the artwork was designed in this style. I loved Nimrod and AI artwork, simply because they made a statement and were easy to remember. I hope the next artwork will have a similar vibe.

1 hour ago, the devil in my heart said:

Maybe it's an album about Ronnie James Dio and Rainbow.

This picture by Frank Maddocks also looks like something Green Day would like.

The stencil art, Revolution and Love are all themes Green Day like to use.

The backwards E is the eminem emblem I doubt green day have nothing to do with that particular style in that photo. 

On 7/20/2016 at 7:52 AM, Alf said:

Yesterday I was looking through the latest Mike post on Instagram.. just another 'taco tuesday', no big deal... but then I went on looking who that guy that was with him in the picture was, and the guy is Brian Viveros, an artist that works with paintings.

Mike was in Brian's studio, what if he is working on new Green Day cover art?

Take a look on his website: http://brianmviveros.com/main/all-works

Brian Vivero's art is really good and it would be nice on a Green Day album. On the other hand I would LOVE to see something like Insomniac again. The art that Winston Smith did on that cover carries the spirit of those songs in it  To me is the best GD's album cover till this day.

Whatever art work they decide to use, I hope it's not neon barf like the Trilogy... I didn't buy any merch from those records because I hated how much it made my eyes burn. :( Like a lot of people in here, I really enjoyed Insomniac's art. I have no idea what to expect from them. Just no neon. That's all I ask.

1 hour ago, miss green day said:

Whatever art work they decide to use, I hope it's not neon barf like the Trilogy... I didn't buy any merch from those records because I hated how much it made my eyes burn. :( Like a lot of people in here, I really enjoyed Insomniac's art. I have no idea what to expect from them. Just no neon. That's all I ask.

Yeah i actually agree, their apparel from the trilogy got old real fast. Like the t shirts all looked the same. I would kill for an Insomniac t shirt. 

I really would love this album to be mostly classic black and white. Digging the art from this guy. 

Does anyone know, or remember, if this was also part of the photo-shoot? Maybe it was posted before but I don't remember.

original.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sixtrix said:

Does anyone know, or remember, if this was also part of the photo-shoot? Maybe it was posted before but I don't remember.

It's posted about 4 or 5 posts back :lol:

28 minutes ago, Alan86 said:

It's posted about 4 or 5 posts back :lol:

Shit, for real?

I'm really sorry, it's literally a couple posts above mine. Usually I always check before I post :(

2 hours ago, Sixtrix said:

Shit, for real?

I'm really sorry, it's literally a couple posts above mine. Usually I always check before I post :(

No hassle. It's understandable that things are getting posted more than once. This place is moving so fast since Bang Bang was announced that its hard to keep up with everything.

On 8/2/2016 at 2:59 AM, miss green day said:

Judging by that black and white picture they're going for more of a mature feel this time. So I think we're good, no neons this time. :)

Archived