wondering about the cover art for new Green Day album

Alf

Yesterday I was looking through the latest Mike post on Instagram.. just another 'taco tuesday', no big deal... but then I went on looking who that guy that was with him in the picture was, and the guy is Brian Viveros, an artist that works with paintings.

Mike was in Brian's studio, what if he is working on new Green Day cover art?

Take a look on his website: http://brianmviveros.com/main/all-works

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike and Britt have posted about this artist for a quite a long time, i think they're just friends 

It would be an interesting turn to have a cover that looks something like that, but somehow, I just can't see it. It might just be me, but nothing about it screams 'Green Day' at all. 

The cover will show the band leading a revolution while standing on top of a giant radio :P 

But yeah it could always be possible that they'd pick someone they've been hanging out with who does art to do the artwork, why not? However they probably hang out with quite a lot of artists so it probably isn't that likely to be him in particular, plus we know they've gone with Chris Bilheimer for a long while. Will be cool if you're right and get to say you called it though :D 

I'm wondering about the cover as well.   I'm also wondering about the sound, tracklisting, tour and if Jason White's going to step up to the mic and sing.    We are all wondering EVERYTHING about the album.     But yeah, I think he could make an awesome cover for them .  

8 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

if Jason White's going to step up to the mic and sing.   

Please just stop with this silliness already

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

The cover will show the band leading a revolution while standing on top of a giant radio :P 

But yeah it could always be possible that they'd pick someone they've been hanging out with who does art to do the artwork, why not? However they probably hang out with quite a lot of artists so it probably isn't that likely to be him in particular, plus we know they've gone with Chris Bilheimer for a long while. Will be cool if you're right and get to say you called it though :D 

So where did this fake name Revolution Radio come from?

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

So where did this fake name Revolution Radio come from?

#revrad

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

#revrad

LOL I was about to say hashtag in my last response but yeah :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Eric said:

LOL I was about to say hashtag in my last response but yeah :lol: 

Yeah it's literally just from that. But then again before we knew the name of 21st Century Breakdown GDC's popular fake name for that album was "Hillside Dance" so it could be worse.

27 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Please just stop with this silliness already

Hillside Dance even had an entire fake tracklisting, with Ruse of Rubes, Coffee and Repent and other goodies.  I'd be happy to get fakes like those this time around as well.    

2 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

How did that come about? Lol

I believe someone claimed to have some inside info that the album was definitely going to be called that :lol:. And we ran with it.

2 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I believe someone claimed to have some inside info that the album was definitely going to be called that :lol:. And we ran with it.

lol this site and its inside info. Cant wait to find out about the album on twitter or something.

What if there's a picture of the band rather than artwork on the cover? Like Warning? 

Most of the time when there are people in the covers of their albums, they're white. Like 21CB, Uno/Dos/Tré, the arm in AI, Warning and 1,039 are in black and white completely, Nimrod, Shenanigans, Kerplunk. That might be the case for the next album too

I really loved Tom Neely's work for Demolicious (great reading: http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/4815/). It's so different from previous arts and in my personal view it's their best since Insomniac. I'd love if they worked with him again or with someone they've never worked before. I loved Brian's paintings!

2 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

Please tell me this is a joke.

I mean literally white, the colour. Not the skin tone. I'm not implying GD is racist lol

2 hours ago, Otávio Vidal said:

I really loved Tom Neely's work for Demolicious (great reading: http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/4815/). It's so different from previous arts and in my personal view it's their best since Insomniac. I'd love if they worked with him again or with someone they've never worked before. I loved Brian's paintings!

I really don't like the demolicious art at all.  It's a bit dark and not very colourful and doesn't really seem very Green Day to me.  My favourites are dookie because of the amount going on and 21CB because I love the colours and the simplicity, it just looks beautiful.  I like it so much I actively show it to my friends.  I'd love them to produce something with a similar feeling, but obviously for it to be new and original.

11 minutes ago, Second favourite son said:

I really don't like the demolicious art at all.  It's a bit dark and not very colourful and doesn't really seem very Green Day to me.  My favourites are dookie because of the amount going on and 21CB because I love the colours and the simplicity, it just looks beautiful.  I like it so much I actively show it to my friends.  I'd love them to produce something with a similar feeling, but obviously for it to be new and original.

I think that Demolicious' cover matched the sound as well, with it actually sounding dark and rather raw. I think that they should find someone who can take the simplicity and colour of Dookie's cover, the dark edge from Demolicious' cover and the inspiration of related lyricisms alike with American Idiot. In short, if it looks like a cool cartoon that gives artistic mention of a line from the album's lyrics, it could be awesome.

3 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

I mean literally white, the colour. Not the skin tone. I'm not implying GD is racist lol

Well, I mean, that wouldn't necessarily make them "racist" anyway. On the topic of album art, my personal favorite is the Insomniac cover artwork.

I want my first listen of the new album to be when I have the physical copy in my hands.

Archived