Trilogy Stats

Justin1

4 minutes ago, Demon!Dean said:

i just really hate the sound. Trilogy is sub par to any other album GD has done. 

That is your opinion.  However, it is not my opinion and it also may not be the opinion of millions of others, which is what this thread is,trying to prove.  My opinion is that, other than 1039 which I give them a pass for, insomniac is by far their weakest efforts.  I would love to have a conversation with you discussing our differences of opinion without the blatant trilogy sucks comments

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stats here I think are intended to illustrate pre-formed points and for interest only - I don't think anyone can deny that they are not infallible, and that they would never be published if submitted to a scientific journal.

There are a number of trends that can be seen, and we can all form our own hypotheses from these trends.  Maybe we should all club together to commission a proper, valid study to be done to gather data to test these hypotheses :P

What I find most interesting is how much more popular Uno is than Dos or Tre.  There could be many reasons for this:

1) Uno was the first one, there was more hype and so naturally just less interest in the following 2

2) Loads of people listened to Uno to see what it was like, hated it and so didn't listen to Dos or Tre

3) iHeart/Billie went to rehab and either a) more people listened during the Uno timeframe due GD in news or b) fewer people listened to Dos and Tre due to lack of promotion

4) Uno was better than Dos or Tre

5) Any one of many other confounding factors

I'd like to compare these stats to other stats eg ITunes downloads/Spotify downloads (If those statistics are available) , YouTube likes/dislikes, Single sales/chart positions etc. If we could make more stats based on multiple things other than just YouTube views, that'd probably be more accurate

http://www.thetoptens.com/best-songs-green-day-uno-dos-tre-trilogy/

This link shows what people's favourite songs from the trilogy are. We could use these stats as well

8 hours ago, Demon!Dean said:

proof that the trilogy is fucking awful garbage. 

!!

Exactly, 37 songs, 37 opportunities to make some songs that stand out in their catalog. A handful, maybe a handful stand up to the rest of their catalog. None of these songs would even sniff a Greatest Hits part II 

Why did you only take the most popular video for each one? You should've taken like all the videos with 10,000+ views (or 100,000+ views in case of the videos with millions of views) and added them together. For example the Official video for Oh Love has 24m views but the offical lyric video has 7.8m views and there's another lyric video with 900k views. That could've made a difference to the order of the tracks

I'd also like to see stats for 21st Century Breakdown so we could compare. Obviously 21 Guns would be much higher than the rest but it'd be interesting to compare the rest of 21CB with the trilogy tracks

52 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Why did you only take the most popular video for each one? You should've taken like all the videos with 10,000+ views (or 100,000+ views in case of the videos with millions of views) and added them together. For example the Official video for Oh Love has 24m views but the offical lyric video has 7.8m views and there's another lyric video with 900k views. That could've made a difference to the order of the tracks

I'd also like to see stats for 21st Century Breakdown so we could compare. Obviously 21 Guns would be much higher than the rest but it'd be interesting to compare the rest of 21CB with the trilogy tracks

I thought about doing that lol, but that's a lot of work. I think the numbers would have been relatively close anyway, maybe with a couple  of the songs being switched. 

I know it's not a 100% accurate indicator, but it's at least something for anyone interested in the popularity. I'm sure using this method, and what you suggested, plus sales for each song, and Spotify, you'd have pretty accurate stats.

Id honestly be interested to see something like that done for all of their albums.

2 hours ago, Justin1 said:

I thought about doing that lol, but that's a lot of work. I think the numbers would have been relatively close anyway, maybe with a couple  of the songs being switched. 

I know it's not a 100% accurate indicator, but it's at least something for anyone interested in the popularity. I'm sure using this method, and what you suggested, plus sales for each song, and Spotify, you'd have pretty accurate stats.

Id honestly be interested to see something like that done for all of their albums.

Well yeah, to be fair I wouldn't do all that work lol

But I think I'd like to see 21CB stats the most since it's still quite recent it was released. 

it wouldn't match up the 21st youtube would have more cause they've been out on youtube a lot longer than the trilogy 

Archived