Billie Hoe

Pokémon GO

Eva

Have Pokémon been a lot harder to catch than usual lately?

DeJennsitized
14 hours ago, Eva said:

I was thinking it might be because of the new special research task that involves using 108 berries to catch pokemon. Maybe?

Khaleesi.
19 hours ago, Eva said:

Yes! I've noticed it as well. I don't wanna spend 10 pokeballs catching a fucking Pidgey dude 

• Like 1

Mar

Holy crap, adventure sync is helping me hatch eggs so quickly, I can't keep up with the incubators (I don't pay ~real money~ to use the game, only gym coins and Google surveys for Play Store credit)! I can walk 5 miles a day at work, so I have hatched 10 eggs at work since Friday! And that's to say nothing of my buddy candy amount!

And I mentioned that a park kinda close to my house is a gym in my last post, well, now, the stop in walking distance from my house is a gym now! So I get coins really easily now. I love it.

AlissaGoesRAWR

Apple’s privacy settings are so strange that I’ve just now figured out how to get Adventure Sync to even work. Whoops. (I’ve never been into those “I’ve walked X steps so I’m healthy now!!!” trackers so I had everything turned off.)

Khaleesi.

Got another Deoxys raid pass, but of course it's during the work day. This is the second one I've gotten for Deoxys and I haven't been able to attend either! Thankfully, it's during a time when Ryan doesn't have class so he's gonna catch him for me. 

Mar

I'm so happy I finally got a Lugia a couple weekends ago! Now I just need Smoochum for Gen 2 :lol:

And not necessarily game-related, but my aunt and uncle got me the Pikachu Pop for Christmas and I'm so happy, it's so qt :wub:

AlissaGoesRAWR

... so the winter storm that's coming through tomorrow is going to make it damn near impossible to leave the apartment and ALL I WANT IN LIFE IS SHINY FEEBAS. I fucking hate winter so much. Feebas has always been one of my favorites. :( 

Mar
5 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

... so the winter storm that's coming through tomorrow is going to make it damn near impossible to leave the apartment and ALL I WANT IN LIFE IS SHINY FEEBAS. I fucking hate winter so much. Feebas has always been one of my favorites. :( 

Right? Totodile day sucked last week, too. I know, I know, what do you expect from Ohio weather, but the way the shitty weather is basically saving itself for the Community/Event Days is getting old! 

And fuck the not always getting a Sinnoh Stone in the weekly research breakthrough thing! Battling isn't easy when most of your friends are ones you don't know IRL (if only they added a "User is online" feature)! 

• Like 1

Eva

I wasn't able to participate in the Feebas event at all :( It stormed all day.

• Sad 1

AlissaGoesRAWR

The storm didn’t end up getting really bad until about 8 p.m. (we actually lost power for over an hour as it switched from rain to sleet and snow) so Brandon ended up driving me in the rain through the outdoor mall where there’s a ton of stops. I completed 30+ tasks and finally got one on my second-to-last try! He’s 93% IV too! :yay:

I don’t know whether to evolve him or keep him a Feebas but I’m leaning toward the latter. He’s just so freaking cute! I did the same thing with my Magikarp. 

But on another note: this event was way too fucking difficult. If we hadn’t been driving I have no idea how I would’ve completed enough tasks to get him with them taking so long in such a short amount of time. 

Khaleesi.
5 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

The storm didn’t end up getting really bad until about 8 p.m. (we actually lost power for over an hour as it switched from rain to sleet and snow) so Brandon ended up driving me in the rain through the outdoor mall where there’s a ton of stops. I completed 30+ tasks and finally got one on my second-to-last try! He’s 93% IV too! :yay:

I don’t know whether to evolve him or keep him a Feebas but I’m leaning toward the latter. He’s just so freaking cute! I did the same thing with my Magikarp. 

But on another note: this event was way too fucking difficult. If we hadn’t been driving I have no idea how I would’ve completed enough tasks to get him with them taking so long in such a short amount of time. 

Ryan and I were out for 2 hours and didn’t get one :( he did get a shiny Groudon on his first try though! 

• Sad 1

AlissaGoesRAWR

Do you guys have any advice for remotely challenging your friends to battles?

I want to do it as much as possible to get Sinnoh stones, but if someone isn't online, do they see your request? I've never received a request from someone, but I've also never sent one because I'm not exactly sure how it works. The only person I've battled was somebody I was hanging out with in-person.

I feel like it might take some arranging ahead of time over text or something to get it right, which sucks.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:56 PM, Mar said:

(if only they added a "User is online" feature)! 

Right?! That would make so much sense. The current system is kind of broken and it sucks if that's the main way to get Sinnoh stones.

21 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

Ryan and I were out for 2 hours and didn’t get one :( he did get a shiny Groudon on his first try though! 

Boo, I'm sorry. But shiny Groudon is a good catch, obviously! Nice job!

Khaleesi.
20 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Do you guys have any advice for remotely challenging your friends to battles?

I want to do it as much as possible to get Sinnoh stones, but if someone isn't online, do they see your request? I've never received a request from someone, but I've also never sent one because I'm not exactly sure how it works. The only person I've battled was somebody I was hanging out with in-person.

I feel like it might take some arranging ahead of time over text or something to get it right, which sucks.

Let's battle sometime!!! 

• Like 1

AlissaGoesRAWR
10 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

Let's battle sometime!!! 

Yes! :D 

tumblr_mr8wqscbwY1szx1oxo1_500.gif

DeJennsitized

I battled my friend remotely. It took ages and a lot of coordination over FB messenger and closing and opening the app (I think it was still having teething problems) but eventually we got it working! 

Mar

@AlissaGoesRAWR I know I sent you requests before, so I think it just shows up if you're online, it's so dumb! You waste time waiting to see if someone's online because it won't tell you. 

AlissaGoesRAWR
56 minutes ago, Mar said:

@AlissaGoesRAWR I know I sent you requests before, so I think it just shows up if you're online, it's so dumb! You waste time waiting to see if someone's online because it won't tell you. 

Oh. Yeah, I’ve never received anything from anyone. :( 

Khaleesi.

I kicked @AlissaGoesRAWR‘s butt FYI

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1