Billie Hoe

Pokémon GO

Somehow I caught both Suicune and Ho-Oh on my first try? At the same gym? (Weeks apart, of course.) What is this madness? :lol: 

Got Ho-oh on my first try! :D

No Suicune, but I got Ho-Oh on not just my first raid, but my first ball! I've never had that happen on any raid. I have half of the legendaries, so I hope trading comes out in due time. I have at least two of every regional, I hope that'll help me. And while it's gonna get cold and I don't necessarily want to be running around everywhere, Gen 3 would be nice!

Oh, and I got a Gyarados in the wild!

3/3 for Ho-Oh. :lol: Seems to be pretty easy to catch! But he's so close to the ball that it makes it hard to throw a curve ball.

15 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

3/3 for Ho-Oh. :lol: Seems to be pretty easy to catch! But he's so close to the ball that it makes it hard to throw a curve ball.

:lol: Weird! I was never good at a curveball but decided for shits and giggles to try it with Ho-Oh and it worked! Yet you're like, the curveball expert and it wasn't working for you!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mar said:

:lol: Weird! I was never good at a curveball but decided for shits and giggles to try it with Ho-Oh and it worked! Yet you're like, the curveball expert and it wasn't working for you!

I just found it harder to land the ball if I tried to curve it. When he was up high, it wasn't too bad... but when he was low I found I was curving it right over his head/behind him and it was super frustrating :lol: Especially since the areas I raid in are mostly Mystic players, so as Valor I don't get very many bonus balls and don't have any to waste! 

• Like 1

1. I forgot how much I loved Gen 3. 

2. I’m kind of sad because this is the last generation of games I played, so after this I won’t know any of the new additions. :( 

On 12/5/2017 at 9:37 AM, Mar said:

Same! I’m very new to curveballs and hardly good at them, but I also found them to be unusually easy for that raid. 

Gen 3 is the unknown gen for me, so I understand. I'm getting all these Discord notifications but I honestly don't know if something's "rare" or if the guy who runs the Discord for the area is just putting up all the evolved forms of new Gen 3 Pokemon. I think it's mostly the latter, but I'm sure that once the full gen is out, I'll be like DAMN, I should've gotten ____ when there were more Discord notifications for it! :lol: 

I got an EX Raid invite for Monday afternoon, but they sent out so many in the Toledo area for the same time (noon) and it seems like most people have raids at other places. I've only found two other people who got the same raid pass. Maybe they're just not in the local FB group? I'll be so pissed if I go out there (technically across state lines :lol: but that isn't saying much) and we don't have enough people!

6 hours ago, Mar said:

I'll be so pissed if I go out there (technically across state lines :lol: but that isn't saying much) and we don't have enough people!

You'll have enough people, trust me! It was a mess when I went to mine in October. Get there early because people will not wait for you. Most were dicks and wouldn't even consider backing out to let stragglers get into a raid.

Also, this: 

Really? ALREADY? :mad:

Picked up this BAMF the night he came out 

yykAw6N.png

only 1/1 on him right now, but I plan to go out a bunch more cause I wanna power this guy up!

I think I finally learned how to curveball! :woot:

• Like 1

I think most of the people in this thread already saw this but w/e I HATE THIS FUCKING GAME

44644ob.png 

Also 0-2 on stupid-ass Groupon or whatever his name is ugh

Edited by Mar
OK I see by Carling's post it's Groudon but fuck it, it doesn't deserve being called by its proper name!

i ran out of time to play this and so stopped, but had a go at it today while walking through the park and tried the new AR+, and it's really quite cool. you can sneak up on the pokemon and catch them before they see you.

i gave up around the time of the dogs being released so i don't have any of them. i was sick of going along to raids when nobody was there. and now i don't know gen 3 so i don't think it'll catch my interest anymore :( 

Does AR+ only work for iPhone 6s? Not the regular 6? I can’t seem to figure out how to get it to work, not that I use the AR feature much anyway. 

Holy crap, Kyogre is so hard to catch. He's a really awkward distance from the ball, so I probably miss him 75% of the time. 0/2 right now :(

10 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

Holy crap, Kyogre is so hard to catch. He's a really awkward distance from the ball, so I probably miss him 75% of the time. 0/2 right now :(

Nooo, he’s one of my favorites! :( 

I'm already losing interest in raiding (haven't in a month, and due to laziness/no gas money/snow, won't exactly be running out for one last Groudon try today), that information isn't helping! :P 

2 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Nooo, he’s one of my favorites! :( 

Same here! And I ended up being 2/8 for Groudon. :cry: The last time I had such a bad catch rate was Raikou with 1/8...

1 hour ago, Khaleesi. said:

Same here! And I ended up being 2/8 for Groudon. :cry: The last time I had such a bad catch rate was Raikou with 1/8...

Damn. Mine was Entei... also 1/8.

The regular group that raids downtown adopted me and took me all over trying to get me one because they felt sorry for me. :lol: 

I was only 1/2 on Groudon. It's been too cold to go out of my way to raid, so if it's not on my way home I don't bother. :( 

8 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Damn. Mine was Entei... also 1/8.

The regular group that raids downtown adopted me and took me all over trying to get me one because they felt sorry for me. :lol: 

I was only 1/2 on Groudon. It's been too cold to go out of my way to raid, so if it's not on my way home I don't bother. :( 

Thankfully with most of the raids we do, we can just park the car and reach the gym so we don't have to stand out in the cold. Both raids I did yesterday weren't accessible by car, and I thought my fingers were going to fall off! 

One of the Groudons I got was weather boosted too, so it's 2816 CP. Lower end IV I guess, but oh well. My goal was to at least get one that was weather boosted, so I'm glad I was able to get one!