Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

Billie Hoe

game
Pokémon GO

284 posts in this topic

After 40-some days, my Pokemon at the gym was finally defeated, RIP coin account :( curse you, nice weather that made people go to a gym normally only stopped at long enough for a stoplight!

Pissed af that I missed a Dratini today by like, two minutes, and all because I didn't know a shortcut to the park where it was (instead I went around to the park's main entrance and had to wait at a busy intersection) :mad: and believe it or not, I still don't have any Clefairies, and I missed one by a few seconds today, too. Did finally get a Chikorita, my first Gen 2 starter. And it appears that one of the stops near my house is an Omanyte nest. The park is too far away/across a busy intersection for me to walk from my house, but I can drive to it and park across the street from the park and access the stop from said street. Which is good, as they only seem to spawn between 2-5 a.m., when the park is closed :lol: I'm a little uneasy about the neighborhood, too, so I'm glad that it doesn't require more than a few steps' worth of walking to get to said corner. I doubt I'll be able to catch enough to get an Omastar before the nests change, but I'll probably go back at some point to get a couple more.

2 hours ago, Mar said:

After 40-some days, my Pokemon at the gym was finally defeated, RIP coin account :( curse you, nice weather that made people go to a gym normally only stopped at long enough for a stoplight!

Pissed af that I missed a Dratini today by like, two minutes, and all because I didn't know a shortcut to the park where it was (instead I went around to the park's main entrance and had to wait at a busy intersection) :mad: and believe it or not, I still don't have any Clefairies, and I missed one by a few seconds today, too. Did finally get a Chikorita, my first Gen 2 starter. And it appears that one of the stops near my house is an Omanyte nest. The park is too far away/across a busy intersection for me to walk from my house, but I can drive to it and park across the street from the park and access the stop from said street. Which is good, as they only seem to spawn between 2-5 a.m., when the park is closed :lol: I'm a little uneasy about the neighborhood, too, so I'm glad that it doesn't require more than a few steps' worth of walking to get to said corner. I doubt I'll be able to catch enough to get an Omastar before the nests change, but I'll probably go back at some point to get a couple more.

Wow, I don't even think I've had a Pokemon last overnight in a gym around here... what one is it and what's its CP? :o 

I live across the road from a Cyndaquil nest right now (hopefully it stays on a two-week schedule like with Gen 1) but for the reasons you said, I'm not crazy about hanging out there by myself... I can park in my car near one of the stops but the rest of them are back on a trail through the woods, in a somewhat-sketchy neighborhood, which isn't lit at all, and by the time I get home from work its usually dark out and it just seems like a terrible idea. Plus if I don't drive there I have to walk across a highway intersection that has frequent crashes, so yeah... I don't see me getting a Typhlosion by the time the nests change. I'm sure I'll hate myself for it later. :lol: 

On 2/25/2017 at 0:00 PM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Wow, I don't even think I've had a Pokemon last overnight in a gym around here... what one is it and what's its CP? :o 

I live across the road from a Cyndaquil nest right now (hopefully it stays on a two-week schedule like with Gen 1) but for the reasons you said, I'm not crazy about hanging out there by myself... I can park in my car near one of the stops but the rest of them are back on a trail through the woods, in a somewhat-sketchy neighborhood, which isn't lit at all, and by the time I get home from work its usually dark out and it just seems like a terrible idea. Plus if I don't drive there I have to walk across a highway intersection that has frequent crashes, so yeah... I don't see me getting a Typhlosion by the time the nests change. I'm sure I'll hate myself for it later. :lol: 

It was just a 1689 Vaporeon, pure luck! We were driving to UTMC and I decided to have the app open as we went through Ottawa Park (the huge park next to Toledo Hospital), and we got stopped at the light near a sculpture at the entrance so I just dropped it off real quick. The placement of said entrance probably doesn't normally attract a lot of walkers, only people stopped at this light, due to it being closer to a street than a parking lot, and the park isn't exactly in a neighborhood you want to visit, imo. So it was there until it was nice this week and I imagine a lot of people felt comfortable visiting the park and hanging around that area because people would see if you were attacked, unlike normally.

It sounds like your park is like Ottawa Park, I hear you! I could walk to the Omanyte nest (it's that small park just to the south of the intersection and those shitty railroad tracks you cross when heading north to my house), but I'm nervous about heading east or south from my block, so it's easier to drive. Plus, when I turn to head home, I go down a road with a creek behind the houses, and I can get lots of water Pokemon from the car! I also found a new park tonight down said road!

i just got a tax rebate so the first thing i've done is bought pokemon go plus as the battery drain is real. at least with it just using bluetooth it should have a much smaller drain.

Well, I lied to myself ... I drove down to the park enough times to get enough Omanyte to get an Omastar, too :lol: and this morning when I went to get the last Omanyte I needed, I caught a Skarmory at the other park nearby :)

Currently pissed at my idiot self. I hatched an Onix shortly before Gen 2 was released and I caught Chansey before the Valentine's Day event. Since they didn't evolve into anything, I spent candies to power both of them up, forgetting about Steelix and Blissey. I only had 3 Chansey candy (since I didn't catch any more during the VDay event ... nor any Clefairies, but that's another story) so that wasn't a huge dent, but I had like, 25 Onix candy, so maybe had I hatched another 10k I would've had a Steelix by now, or I would have started walking with him sooner. Now I only have 7 Onix candy, and he's a 5k walker =/ 

tfw u drive to a nearby park at 3 a.m. for the 7th time in four days because it's a Machop nest and you have no self-control or life (you would normally walk to said park but the fucker always seems to spawn in the middle of the night or he would disappear before your slow ass would make it to the park) and Still Breathing is starting on the radio as you turn on your car

16i76na.jpg 

2 people like this

I'm running out of data on my phone and don't have money for more, so I haven't been playing as much :( so the Easter event doesn't help me much as I can't do as much walking with the app open as I'd like. But I do have some Pokecoins saved up from gyms, so I think I'm gonna take advantage of the 1/2 off Lucky Eggs.

Apparently I'm the last dedicated Po Go player to learn that double XP is a thing right now. :lol:

... I WILL FINALLY BE LEVEL 30 TONIGHT! :runaround:  

mass evolved about 150 pokemon tonight with two lucky eggs and went from low level 27 to high level 28. good times! and i have my pokemon storage space back so i can play again!