[Not real] Possible leak of Album cover and name of new album

SEAtacticsFTW

So this is a little strange, and is possibly a 100% fake, but it's still interesting. A user on reddit by the name of Homepolecat96 posted a, what seems to be, a leak of the 13th studio album by Green Day titled Radio Revolution. The cover seems to feature Clint Eastwood and is very similar to Kerplunk's album cover. But what do you think? Is this real, or is this a well crafted fake? Personally I don't know what to think. I think it's an amazing cover that new and refreshing from the highly produced album covers Green Day has had.

Link to reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/greenday/comments/4qv6po/revrad

m3zj9vqaaq6x.png

EDIT: NOT REAL

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what to think either... Could be a leak. At first I thought it may have been a newly released live bootleg, but I've been searching for a little bit and can't find anything! I think it looks really cool though! I hope it is the real cover. It reminds me of the cover of Social Distortion's self-titled album (check it out if you haven't, thank me later).

Also, it would be really helpful if the whole note at the top right of the photo was revealed so we can see what it says (I know you didn't post the photo, just wish the guy would've done that)!

I wouldn't mind Radio Revolution as an album title but I'm thinking someone just pulled the picture and an idea of the title together.  Doesn't look real to me but I've been so wrong about these kinds of things before.

Doubt it's real.  I wouldn't mind the Clint Eastwood cover, but "Radio Revolution" is so cheesy I will bang my head against a wall if that turns out to be true.

I actually don't like the Clint picture with the gun.  Hoping that's not real.

8 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

I actually don't like the Clint picture with the gun.  Hoping that's not real.

Given the issues of gun violence lately it makes you wonder, if this was real, if that would be something that they would care about and be on their minds.  Part of me feels like they would take a stance against putting a gun on their album cover nowadays, but then again they're not always hypersensitive and iconic imagery is iconic imagery. 

That being said this is probably fake lol.  

I think it is fake for a lot of reasons, but my main reason in the parental advisory sticker. It does not look like the typical sticker that is on other albums, it looks more cartoonish. 

Maybe the gun on the cover is a statement against guns. Doesn't mean they're promoting gun use.

I don't know guys.... the explicit sticker certainly matches the feel of the cover, which I don't know if that's allowed or not.

I won't say this is fake.

Was hoping the title would be "Revolution Radio" though.

And I don't doubt there's a nut out there who would do such a thing, but I can't imagine spending all this time and effort to troll people online.

Just now, Fuzz said:

Not real. Person who made the artwork clarified

Just saw that. Oh well.

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Was hoping the title would be "Revolution Radio" though.

And I don't doubt there's a nut out there who would do such a thing, but I can't imagine spending all this time and effort to troll people online.

Guess there is a troll that would spend that much time and effort out there afterall.

Not real. Person who made the artwork clarified

Move along, nothing to see here folks.

I do like the artwork though. Would have been happy with something like that. It's ... memorable. 

10 minutes ago, SEAtacticsFTW said:

Move along, nothing to see here folks.

What font did you use for "radio revolution"?

Edit: oh shit, you're not the guy who made it. My bad

Isn't that picture that's hanging on the wall of OTIS? 

In the comment the OP  said it wasn't real. Just a concept they made up.

I know it's not real but I actually think this is really cool. Would not mind it at all

I especially love the font they used for the band name, would love for that to be their new one

Looks like a standard GDC album cover mock up :lol:. Also makes me realise that at this point it would just be boring if the name was actually Revolution Radio, I really hope it isn't.

3 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Looks like a standard GDC album cover mock up :lol:. Also makes me realise that at this point it would just be boring if the name was actually Revolution Radio, I really hope it isn't.

very boring indeed

Plus the otis one has a different persons head on it. At least it seems that way to my eye. 

Archived