the Ultimate Green Day Poster

angry_robot

Hi everyone :) I've always enjoyed illustration and though I'm no super-talented artist, almost 2 years ago I decided to do some sort of a Green Day fan art to celebrate my love to my favorite band. It all started as an attempt to recreate band in a cartoon-ish style and ended up being a wall poster with reference to every Green Day album song. 161 songs are somewhere in this picture, some of them are stupid puns I'm quite ashamed of, others are references to single artworks, videos, song lyrics and some are just plain song titles written somewhere because I have no imagination :lol: Pretty sure someone will find something I never intended to reference and also pretty sure that I've forgotten something. There're lots of other Green Day related stuff too, I never really realised how huge the band is and how many things are going on in a Green Day world. I wish I did more though but it's time to stop, it's been almost 2 years since I started! Also forgive my lack of drawing skills, some of the things there should have looked better, but oh well. It was fun anyway! 

Here's the link to a full-sized picture http://imgur.com/wc7FTl3 

And a printed version http://www.redbubble.com/people/whtsrnm/works/22331386-the-ultimate-green-day-poster

wc7FTl3h.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow Thats pretty awesome!! Nice man . I like the posters that can make u looking around for a quite some time!!

That's cool! I found a few references.

That's really awesome!  I would buy this.

My favourites (that I've found so far) are Coming Clean and Nuclear Family.

I like the Church On Sunday reference.

Great job! So many cool GD references and also the Ramones.

Edit: The new album will look awesome with this poster as cover art.

Green Day Where's Wally :dance:. It's really great and I'm going to be entertained trying to find all the references!

Stacey, THAT IS SOOO COOL!!!!!! :wub::runaround: I want this poster!

That's amazing :) It should definitely be the cover of an ultimate greatest hits album. For the moment it became my desktop background :D

This is truly beautiful. 

Thanks for sharing your amazing piece with us

A HA! I see an error!! If Billie's playing Blue live, that means the band is half-step down, which means Jason would be playing his black Les Paul and NOT the red ES-335! Your painting is tainted!!!

Lol just kidding, this is an amazing poster and you're very talented! :)

Love this! It's beautiful how subtle and sophisticated it is at the same time! 

(I suppose I missed 99% of the references due to my lack of imagination, though :P)

Holy shit!!! :woot:

That is amazing!! So many references my eyes are going mad!! Congratulations on the greatest GD artwork!!

I'm not great at catching references but the dominated love slave one is really funny

4 hours ago, Jimmy Strummer said:

A HA! I see an error!! If Billie's playing Blue live, that means the band is half-step down, which means Jason would be playing his black Les Paul and NOT the red ES-335! Your painting is tainted!!!

Yeah, I was pretty sure I got something wrong :lol: But let's say that this is my vision!

Thank you guys so much, this means a world to me! I spent so much time doing this, it kind of became a part of my evening routine - come back from work, draw a bit of Green Day stuff. Now I need to start something new!

Archived