what kind of album do you think we are getting?

James11693

I'm assuming it'll be political again. It'll be weird to see what they write about though. When they put out American idiot, bush was already president. This time around, and when the album comes out, it'll be around the elections. So, during the writing part of the this album, Obama was president and I'm pretty sure I've read that Billie is a fan of Obama. On a side note, I don't find Idiot that political. To me, it's way more personal. I know a lot of people think politics when they think about it idiot but tbh there were only a few really political songs. I thought Breakdown was far more political.

I think there will be a few political songs but I don't think that theme will dominate the album, I feel like there will be a lot of personal stuff on it

personal suff, i guess... maybe in the style of 21 century breakdown, something like that
i hope it´ll come out sooon!! *-*

2 hours ago, platypus136 said:

personal suff, i guess... maybe in the style of 21 century breakdown, something like that
i hope it´ll come out sooon!! *-*

If it's in the style of Breakdown, I'm sure it'll awesome. I know I'm in the minority(no pun intended), but Breakdown was fantastic.

5 hours ago, James11693 said:

I'm assuming it'll be political again. It'll be weird to see what they write about though. When they put out American idiot, bush was already president. This time around, and when the album comes out, it'll be around the elections. So, during the writing part of the this album, Obama was president and I'm pretty sure I've read that Billie is a fan of Obama. On a side note, I don't find Idiot that political. To me, it's way more personal. I know a lot of people think politics when they think about it idiot but tbh there were only a few really political songs. I thought Breakdown was far more political.

Yes!  American Idiot was a coming of age story about a boy and a girl.   He ended up at a protest in one song and in another she tells him the politicians don't even know he's alive.....and that's about as political as it got.  

I hope it will be a dynamic album with some relatable and/or deep reaching lyrics.

But I'll be happy if the album is filled with energetic catchy songs.

I hope it's just straight up songs and not another concept record. 2 of those are enough.

Agree that Breakdiwn was far more sociopolitical thematically. The "political" album most people point to wasn't really dominated by it. Casual fans and critics just assumed the title was aimed at Bush when it was more a reference to the protagonist.

I know I would love something along the lines of either of those 2 above. Realistically though, I'll just be super happy to have new Green Day music in my ears soon-ish.

3 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

I hope it's just straight up songs and not another concept record. 2 of those are enough.

They should ONLY do concept records from here on out.  When I was listening to the Trilogy I listened to it as a concept record and it kind of made sense.   At this point it's just whether we want Billie Joe and his sparkly guitar to support     21st Century Idiot or American Breakdown.   Lol.    But seriously though.....

Even if the new album was written as a concept, I think they would be wise not to call it that because people (like you, haha) don't want that AND it puts pressure on the album to be American Idiot levels of great.   As much as I love hearing Green Day talk and dissect albums and songs, maybe they will remain silent on that front and just let the music speak for itself.  No discussion of meaning, philosophy - Just drops singles and videos, and do a really great tour with set lits written by yours truly.        Album 12 could be simple and great at the same time.

It'll be an album that is so different from anything they have done before that it makes you say "that's Green Day???"

It'll be different from the trilogy. It might also be a concept album but I don't really care whether it is or not. It'll be full of energy and I think some songs, if not the whole album will be quite original. I also believe there will be a few political songs.

I think it will be either in the style of 1039/ Kerplunk or Warning. 

I'd like them to do a short aggressive song and another Macy's Day type ballad. 

Id like an edible album and the booklet inside is also a functioning napkin 

17 hours ago, inthehallwaynow said:

Id like an edible album and the booklet inside is also a functioning napkin 

Nah, I can't eat and listen to music at the same time.  

26 minutes ago, thatdude03 said:

Nah, I can't eat and listen to music at the same time.  

Same here. I go as far as breathing and walking. Everything extra is a problem. I'm even taking breaks in between typing to breathe.

I do hope they do some multitasking on the new album though. Each member should at least play 2 instruments at the same time.

On Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 9:38 AM, thatdude03 said:

They should ONLY do concept records from here on out.  When I was listening to the Trilogy I listened to it as a concept record and it kind of made sense.   At this point it's just whether we want Billie Joe and his sparkly guitar to support     21st Century Idiot or American Breakdown.   Lol.    But seriously though.....

Even if the new album was written as a concept, I think they would be wise not to call it that because people (like you, haha) don't want that AND it puts pressure on the album to be American Idiot levels of great.   As much as I love hearing Green Day talk and dissect albums and songs, maybe they will remain silent on that front and just let the music speak for itself.  No discussion of meaning, philosophy - Just drops singles and videos, and do a really great tour with set lits written by yours truly.        Album 12 could be simple and great at the same time.

No need to be snarky, it's my opinion.

10 hours ago, Sixtrix said:

Same here. I go as far as breathing and walking. Everything extra is a problem. I'm even taking breaks in between typing to breathe.

I do hope they do some multitasking on the new album though. Each member should at least play 2 instruments at the same time.

Or....They could switch instruments.  They are all multi-instrumentalist (as am I, but I won't brag)

Jason on Lead vocals and bass.

Mike Dirnt on Guitar and backing vocals

Tre Cool on rhythm guitar and backing vocals.  

Billie Joe on drums and backing vocals, baseball bats and lead vocals 

Hmmmm.    

I know everyone hates it when I talk about more Mike, Tre and Jason vocals.  But Jason hasn't sang lead on any Green Day song ever, and as far as album tracks go, Mike hasn't a full song yet.   I want a Jason song and a Mike song.    Could be in the style of Pinhead Gunpowder, the Network or even both.    ...............

What if the next album sounds like Pinhead Gunpowder and Foxboro Hot Tubs????? THAT would be cool!!!!!!  

Archived