What songs do you really want to hear on the upcoming tour?

XxXxXxXxX

2 hours ago, tdlyon said:

I would honestly be surprised if they kept more than one or two trilogy songs on the setlist unfortunately

They should, and they should also get rid off overplayed AI songs.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Platypus - No One Knows - Panic Song - Espionage - All The Time - Prosthetic Head - 21 Guns

2 hours ago, James11693 said:

Everything.. 

I know a lot of you guys didn't like the trilogy but it'd be nice to hear them continue to play songs off of it. Missing you, X kid, carpe diem, Rusty James, Stray Heart, etc. I'm pretty bummed they don't play many breakdown songs live either, that was a stellar album IMO.

Yeah I would've loved to hear more from 21st CB on the last tour too, I really like that album. I would be nice indeed if they kept playing some songs off the trilogy. It would be awesome if they played Dirty Rotten Bastards even just once, just to hear what it would sound like live. 

5 - 6 new songs and songs from each era

12 hours ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Whatever they choose to play because they pick the setlist and it doesn"t really matter what we think 

I'm being serious here and have to disagree.  Yes it is,true they pick the setlist but they are putting together a show to entertain us.  If the fans don't like the show they don't buy tickets and the tour is a failure.  So we are the people who's opinions matter most

I really hope they bring back 21 Guns. It's a stand out track live and it felt like the emotional centerpiece of the 21st Century Breakdown tour. If this next album is political then even more reason to bring it back.

That plus Redundant and Stay the Night.

Also want to hear a good amount of songs from their new album (at least 6 songs if it's a 12 track album).

one for the razorbacks, minority, 2000 light years, stray heart, platypus aaand king for a day:ga:

2 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I'm being serious here and have to disagree.  Yes it is,true they pick the setlist but they are putting together a show to entertain us.  If the fans don't like the show they don't buy tickets and the tour is a failure.  So we are the people who's opinions matter most

Agreed. For example Metallica let the audience pick the setlist for each gig of their European tour a couple of years ago, they opened an online poll for those who had bought the tickets.

15 hours ago, inthehallwaynow said:

east jesus nowhere without child part

:lol:

5 hours ago, ghesboro said:

Yeah I would've loved to hear more from 21st CB on the last tour too, I really like that album. I would be nice indeed if they kept playing some songs off the trilogy. It would be awesome if they played Dirty Rotten Bastards even just once, just to hear what it would sound like live. 

I agree, it'd be sweet if the broke out DRB. Yea, 21at century had a lot of good live tracks. East Jesus Nowhere, Static Age, American Eulogy, 21cb, etc. They've only been playing Know Your Enemy lately. 

5 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

I dunno, we're really the minority of the audience being "die hard" fans. Our choices probably wouldn't be very representative of the audience as a whole who'd be more likely on average to want to see the hits. They've stuck to a formula of keeping lots of well known staples and only a few new songs or rare songs on the setlist pretty much forever and it's worked. I get the impression from when they're asked about playing rare songs etc that what they like to see above all is everyone knowing the songs and being into it, giving big fans the songs they want to see or even playing songs they might fancy playing more themselves seems to come second to that most of the time.

If they're wondering which rarer songs to pull out they could get some good tips here though! And anyway like almost every thread here there might not be much practical use for it but it's still fun to discuss.

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

I dunno, we're really the minority of the audience being "die hard" fans. Our choices probably wouldn't be very representative of the audience as a whole who'd be more likely on average to want to see the hits. They've stuck to a formula of keeping lots of well known staples and only a few new songs or rare songs on the setlist pretty much forever and it's worked. I get the impression from when they're asked about playing rare songs etc that what they like to see above all is everyone knowing the songs and being into it, giving big fans the songs they want to see or even playing songs they might fancy playing more themselves seems to come second to that most of the time.

If they're wondering which rarer songs to pull out they could get some good tips here though! And anyway like almost every thread here there might not be much practical use for it but it's still fun to discuss.

I actually meant fans in general, not necessarily us diehard fans.  They are putting on shows for the enjoyment of fans so,if they want the show to be successful the setlist has to be representative  of what the fans want to hear.  

4 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

...but what if they suck? 

Well, depends.... if it sucks like the GDCers who said the trilogy sucked, than it will still kick ass because I enjoyed Uno Dos Tre. I doubt it will suck. I dont set the bar so high, it doesnt have to be another American Idiot or Dookie. :)

27 minutes ago, Eric said:

Only new songs!!!!

That could actually be a really bad idea. Most people want to hear songs they already know. Of course, new songs are always appreciated, but I'm pretty sure if Green Day had played only trilogy songs at every show of their last tour, people would've been very disappointed. 

8 minutes ago, ghesboro said:

That could actually be a really bad idea. Most people want to hear songs they already know. Of course, new songs are always appreciated, but I'm pretty sure if Green Day had played only trilogy songs at every show of their last tour, people would've been very disappointed. 

Too bad for them then :P

Warning, Pulling Teeth, Words I Might Have Ate, Jackass, Blood, Sex & Booze, Walking Contradiction... Hopefully I Was There.

50 minutes ago, Eric said:

Well, depends.... if it sucks like the GDCers who said the trilogy sucked, than it will still kick ass because I enjoyed Uno Dos Tre. I doubt it will suck. I dont set the bar so high, it doesnt have to be another American Idiot or Dookie. :)

See I think a lot of people hated the trilogy just because it wasn't another American idiot or Dookie. I loved the trilogy but I think it's due to the fact that I accept them for what they are, basic and fun records. It's disappointing seeing all the hate for it, same with Warning.

Are their any song's from Kerplunk you would like to see on the setlist ? 

I will never understand why Android has never been played much or even at all ?

1 hour ago, ElectricBlue said:

Are their any song's from Kerplunk you would like to see on the setlist ? 

I will never understand why Android has never been played much or even at all ?

Billie once said he would love to play whole Kerplunk live. it still makes me happy when i remember it.May be someday..?

Android is amazing live (it's been played few times)   and they never did "No one knows" ,i would love to hear it with beginning uncut . Then there is my favourite "One Of My Lies" . Well,obviously Dominated Love Slave too,everyone loves Tre Cool.

I want to see the hits, I've never seen them live. But I would prefer Homecoming over JOS. 21 Guns, PLEASE!!! And I must see Good Riddance.

And we need Warning love: Blood Sex and Booze!  Church on Sunday! Deadbeat Holiday!

Nimrod Love: All the Time, Prosthetic Head, Scattered

Oldies: Holden Caulfield, Pasalaqua

Lots of new songs and Trilogy love: X Kid, Lazy Bones, Brutal Love, and The Forgotten, with Billie Joe on the piano :wub:

Archived